Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote

* Vertical - 1-7 April
* Clouds - 8-14 April
* Abandoned -15-21 April
* Shadow - 22-28 April
*rule of thirds (rule of thirds for the last two days) 29-30 April.

Just a suggestion.
Looks good to me.

03-27-2018, 03:30 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Following avidly. The end of April should see me travelling back home and allowing me to resume shooting and posting regularly.
03-27-2018, 05:02 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
I'd like to try this game so count me in too.
By the way, by no limitation to what gear to use, does also include camera phones? If that's OK, I may just opt to do it on my phone for some days.
Perfectly acceptable!
03-27-2018, 12:10 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Wishing you luck Night Owl. Would you like a 5am wake-up call?
I'm scared.

03-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I like it - even though you confuse me with having Sunday as the first day of the week

My vote goes to Noel as theme master of the month
As you know, the only day pastors actually work. So gotta make it count
03-27-2018, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
I'm in as usual, and I like the themes suggested, and definitely the clouds themes should be included please!
* Vertical - 1-7 April
* Clouds - 8-14 April
* Abandoned -15-21 April
* Shadow - 22-28 April
*rule of thirds (rule of thirds for the last two days) 29-30 April.

Just a suggestion.
I like that! specially the shadow
03-28-2018, 01:50 PM - 5 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm up for another month.

March has stretched my photography into new and interesting directions and definitely taken me out of my comfort zone. I've even got a Flickr account now and I hope one day to learn how to use it properly!

It's also proved to be expensive as I've upgraded my cheap, just for messing about with old glass k200 to a nice K5 I happened to accidentally buy off eBay... Oh well. Anyone want to buy a K200?

I like the themes even though I have only just managed to stop looking for orange things... The suggestions look good fun.

03-29-2018, 09:09 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Themes are good for me.
03-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #24
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I like the themes even though I have only just managed to stop looking for orange things...

The downside with themes: I keep seeing shots for earlier themes! The good thing is that they, at least sometimes, help me look for different subjects than I habitually do.

March has stretched my photography into new and interesting directions and definitely taken me out of my comfort zone.
Good! Exactly the point of the challenge

It's also proved to be expensive as I've upgraded my cheap, just for messing about with old glass k200 to a nice K5 I happened to accidentally buy off eBay...
Congrats! It's a wonderful camera. Mine has moved on to my father to replace his K10D, but it helped me capture lots of memories before that.

Anyone want to buy a K200?
Are you sure you want to let it go? It's the last of the CCD generation, and you'll see a lot of people still love the colour response from those sensors. Just sayin'
03-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll give it another go for Apr. Themes look just fine.
03-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Are you sure you want to let it go? It's the last of the CCD generation, and you'll see a lot of people still love the colour response from those sensors. Just sayin'
I can't afford to keep it! If my wife finds out how much the K5 cost as a "second cheap just for fun camera" she'd have a fit! I can't really own 3 DSLRs plus a Lumix LX5.... Not and avoid marital disharmony.

I'm loving the K5 though. Smaller and lighter than the 200d but with lovely features and image quality. Tbh I haven't owned the 200d long enough to become attached. Just long enough to realise that Pentax is probably the way forward for me.
03-29-2018, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

I’m in. Spending April around Goolwa so just local stuff from me.... looking forward to using each lens I own at least once this month (only 14 or so lenses). I think I’m doing a wedding one day.

Last edited by noelpolar; 03-29-2018 at 06:30 PM.
03-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I do miss days due to weather and work but I am in. No idea what gear I will use any day, that's what I enjoy about the "Daily In"

I'm up for another month.

March has stretched my photography into new and interesting directions and definitely taken me out of my comfort zone. I've even got a Flickr account now and I hope one day to learn how to use it properly!

It's also proved to be expensive as I've upgraded my cheap, just for messing about with old glass k200 to a nice K5 I happened to accidentally buy off eBay... Oh well. Anyone want to buy a K200?

I like the themes even though I have only just managed to stop looking for orange things... The suggestions look good fun.
Hope you have fun with your K5, I enjoyed mine. My K200 died of "depleted battery" so I gave it away.

Note here to other "Daily" folks ask me before buying a K5 =) I am not going to put it in the sell market but would let it go cheap to a good Daily home.

Last edited by zippythezip; 03-30-2018 at 06:04 PM.
03-31-2018, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

I'm in again too. Will try t keep up better with the comments this month as well.
04-02-2018, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in again. My participation with the themes will be sporadic at best; I'm planning to do some film this month, now that the weather is improving.