Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2018, 02:44 PM - 4 Likes   #1

The adventures of a K1 in colorfull villages, 2nd part: kampung Pelangi

I already introduced you to the rival and neighbour kampung Merah Putih, but the red and white vilage has a rival cleverly called kampung Pelangi, the rainbow vilage. Both vilages depend on the city of Tual; acording to what people told me, this vilage has been painted by his inhabitants 2 years ago, it lasted 2 mounths, with the help of some local big paint brands.
We'll begin with a view of the 2 vilages viewed from Langgur (1):

Let's get inside this vilage, but slowly, our eyes should thank us for that (2)

Some more "selamat pagi" (good morning) (3)

The grocery store and the vilage's main place (4)

Let's get deeper inside the vilage (5)

Juan Miro may have passed around here, most Indonesians believe in ghosts ... (6)

(7)

But let's run away to find back a normal vue (8)

(9)

and let's take a boat ride ride out of the rainbow (10)

have a colorfull day, frédo

04-20-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi Fredo
What a colourful place
Were the inhabititants given a choice of only 1litre pots of paint, but any colour you want

Dave.
04-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Fredo, these are lovely photos of a very colourful and appealing place (at least for photographers!). I'd missed your previous series, but went back and looked those - also very enjoyable
04-21-2018, 01:27 AM   #4

Original Poster
at dbs: I think the paint company delivered a whole truck of paint to the community; nowadays, out of Jakarta, Indonesians still live in little comunities and neighbours are considerd as some kind of relatives. They even painted the roofs and the alleys (but in 2 years these latter lost most of the colors under the sun and the rain). People painted their own house but with the help of the vilage community.

at BigMackCam: you can also have a look at other pictures of Maluku clicking on galerie à frédo/molluques . In fact I went 10 times in Indonesia since 1991 (and my pictures are issued from Leica CL,Canon S95, Sony RX100 Lumix Gx7 and Pentax K1), so many things to do and see in huge and friendly Indonesia. If you get there don't just go Borobodur and Bali, discover the real life of the 5000km long country and take your time

Have a colorfull day (at least Paris is hot and sunny), frédo