Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
06-03-2018, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well I added my last 4 days of May after finally having some photography time. So, I wanted to stop by and say thanks to all for your comments and participation in the previous Daily ins.
Even though I continue to take dailies, I'm undecided if I will join the Daily in June edition because I simply don't have enough time to comment on participants' images and that always bothers me. I feel that is an important component of such a group and to be unable to do so weakens the experience. A lot of great images from all corners that I enjoy viewing.
Hopefully, my work and other things in life loosen their grip of my time to join this month but if not perhaps down the line.

06-07-2018, 03:12 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
Well I added my last 4 days of May after finally having some photography time. So, I wanted to stop by and say thanks to all for your comments and participation in the previous Daily ins.
Even though I continue to take dailies, I'm undecided if I will join the Daily in June edition because I simply don't have enough time to comment on participants' images and that always bothers me. I feel that is an important component of such a group and to be unable to do so weakens the experience. A lot of great images from all corners that I enjoy viewing.
Hopefully, my work and other things in life loosen their grip of my time to join this month but if not perhaps down the line.
We have all been in the same situation keep on snapping and jump back in when you can!

On another note my shot of the sapling from a couple of days ago got explored.
06-09-2018, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It seems like I can finally post from Flickr again, So I'll be posting soon.

It looks like this is the year I learn to really do some PP. The good news is that many shots I took during my six months away were shot in RAQ, the bad new is many of the ANZAC Day shots were in low-light conditions and very noisy. I am sure they can be improved, but I'll have to obtain the proper level of skill to do so.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement for Silver Efex Pro for BW conversions? I loved that program, but since the NIK collection is no more, I'll need to transition to something else.
06-09-2018, 07:41 AM   #34
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote

Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement for Silver Efex Pro for BW conversions? I loved that program, but since the NIK collection is no more, I'll need to transition to something else.
I love using Tonality, by Skylum.. I'm not sure if it's available as a standalone or only as part of their Creative Kit...

06-09-2018, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #35
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

EDIT

you can buy Tonality as a standalone app, but only for Mac, no Windows....
06-10-2018, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the tip.
06-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #37
Pentaxian

I’m still using silver efex with Lr, but my K-1 files seems to be too much for the program, pictures has corrupted parts in them, mostly at the edge

06-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #38
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I’m still using silver efex with Lr, but my K-1 files seems to be too much for the program, pictures has corrupted parts in them, mostly at the edge
Strange. I have not noticed any issues when processing K-1 files in Silver Efex (nor in Color Efex). I, too, use it as a plug-in in LR.
06-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Strange. I have not noticed any issues when processing K-1 files in Silver Efex (nor in Color Efex). I, too, use it as a plug-in in LR.
Perhaps, I should instal them again. because it is buggin me time to time.
06-10-2018, 01:02 PM - 2 Likes   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my sunset shot from Friday night hit 'explore' last night...
06-10-2018, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Technology is not my friend, still missing the card reader, wireless back up drive not recognizing the password, power otages and internet issues are making uploading more difficult than it should be. What a week it has been.
06-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #42
Pentaxian

hmmm...Just when I thought that Flickr could not get any worse, it starts almost falling a part, today I got first time internal error.
06-13-2018, 10:23 AM - 3 Likes   #43
Pentaxian

Okay lasses and lads,

I'll be heading to Imatra tomorrow, to take my family to grandparents house. Getting sentimental already. All that I'm sayin is that I'v tried to make sure that my computer will work in China network with VPN server, but I dunno. I will take photos, but if it will get silence from my direction, don't worry. (I suppose that Flickr might not work, but I can remember that Forums workd okay last time at Shanghai.)

I'm still debating, if I will carry macro with me to china or not. Wit DA*55 and this incredible 15-30 I can get quite close to flowers. I also bought JOBY tripod, with flexible legs to tangle it up to pole or use in macro work close up, or on the table or bench...so maybe. it is sturdy 5K model, withstanding 5 kilos load. Worked well with my DFA and K-1, I tried it.

But as they say: See you!(not if I see you first)
06-13-2018, 02:55 PM - 3 Likes   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Okay lasses and lads,

I'll be heading to Imatra tomorrow, to take my family to grandparents house. Getting sentimental already. All that I'm sayin is that I'v tried to make sure that my computer will work in China network with VPN server, but I dunno. I will take photos, but if it will get silence from my direction, don't worry. (I suppose that Flickr might not work, but I can remember that Forums workd okay last time at Shanghai.)

I'm still debating, if I will carry macro with me to china or not. Wit DA*55 and this incredible 15-30 I can get quite close to flowers. I also bought JOBY tripod, with flexible legs to tangle it up to pole or use in macro work close up, or on the table or bench...so maybe. it is sturdy 5K model, withstanding 5 kilos load. Worked well with my DFA and K-1, I tried it.

But as they say: See you!(not if I see you first)
Have a great trip and enjoy yourself! That 5K sounds interesting. I have been think for a while that a new gorillapod might be a good travel companion,and now you have me thinking harder. Damn! This is too much! B&H has had the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 on sale for a long while and that has been eating at me and now this. TBH I succumbed today to the nefarious marketing of B&H and bought the 17-50.
06-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Have a great trip and enjoy yourself! That 5K sounds interesting. I have been think for a while that a new gorillapod might be a good travel companion,and now you have me thinking harder. Damn! This is too much! B&H has had the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 on sale for a long while and that has been eating at me and now this. TBH I succumbed today to the nefarious marketing of B&H and bought the 17-50.
Thanks!

And yes, that 17-50 should be nice lens