Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2018, 02:54 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Okay lasses and lads,

I'll be heading to Imatra tomorrow, to take my family to grandparents house. Getting sentimental already. All that I'm sayin is that I'v tried to make sure that my computer will work in China network with VPN server, but I dunno. I will take photos, but if it will get silence from my direction, don't worry. (I suppose that Flickr might not work, but I can remember that Forums workd okay last time at Shanghai.)

I'm still debating, if I will carry macro with me to china or not. Wit DA*55 and this incredible 15-30 I can get quite close to flowers. I also bought JOBY tripod, with flexible legs to tangle it up to pole or use in macro work close up, or on the table or bench...so maybe. it is sturdy 5K model, withstanding 5 kilos load. Worked well with my DFA and K-1, I tried it.

But as they say: See you!(not if I see you first)
Have a great trip, I look forward to seeing the results.

What a week, no time to shoot, post or comment

06-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Yea, my computer waz updated, it logged me out from flick. I forgot my password list/left it back at home..I will see if it gets too boring at hotel tomorrow. That I should ask for password reset..now last evening with family before the trip. So no photouploading..
06-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy the trip, post when you can.
06-18-2018, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Enjoy the trip, post when you can.
Thanks! little tiered after travel, but I'v recovered myFlickr so, will be posting tomorrow I hope!

06-20-2018, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

Hi all! It is me again...well i did get things working, and posted shots. Will look more carefully your shots. looks great as I looked though them quickly, before posting, but did not comment. Don't be upset IF I wont comment your shots. A lot to catch up. Also I don't worry if you donät comment on mine. coming along from now on. There is lot of shots. if you are interested. AND there will be, because I'm on move now, so lot of new things and different coulture and all.

anyways, great to be back.
06-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Hi all! It is me again...well i did get things working, and posted shots. Will look more carefully your shots. looks great as I looked though them quickly, before posting, but did not comment. Don't be upset IF I wont comment your shots. A lot to catch up. Also I don't worry if you donät comment on mine. coming along from now on. There is lot of shots. if you are interested. AND there will be, because I'm on move now, so lot of new things and different coulture and all.

anyways, great to be back.
No worries, just switch your K1's GPS on so we can track your journey. It doesn't use much battery :-) Enjoy.
06-21-2018, 04:11 AM - 3 Likes   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
No worries, just switch your K1's GPS on so we can track your journey. It doesn't use much battery :-) Enjoy.
LOL a feature I do not use often enough!. I have some news: My windchime shot from the other day got explored!. and my birthday present from SWAMBO arrived, a new Panasonic GX9. Right now I am only allowed to test it before it gets wrapped up as an official birthday present for next month. I figure i'll be able try out the rest of the features (that I will probably never use) by the end of today. mostly I go for aperture priority with a little TAv/manual operation. I also have to upgrade Lightroom, cuz the new update that came out this month has the raw converters for the GX9.

06-23-2018, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey all - sorry for being only minimally present this month. I overcommitted and got overloaded, and had to cut back for a while. Hoping to finish the month strong.
06-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #54
Pentaxian

Well. I’v run in trouble with my VNP service. So trouble to get online with it. Should have saved password on my phone, so I could really boot it). (Still having my passwords saved on paper, instead of machines) or then just bring it along(other issue I have with my self). Anyways. If it wont fix it self. Not much hearing from me , since flickr wont work at here. Did get couple nice captures, but yea. Have a good week! Thanks fir the ride and have fun you all!
06-26-2018, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

I also have missed a couple of days due to late nights at work. I hope to get back into the swing of things tomorrow Wednesday if not by the end of the week

06-26-2018, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another one here (me) that has been off grid. Just got home tonight from an extended weekend away. Will post some shots and catch up on your shares as soon as possible.

And it's already time to get the next month going...
Daily in July 2018 - discussion thread
06-27-2018, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got back from a week in Colorado. I mostly used the 18-135mm which has secured its place as my go-to walk around zoom. Now I have over 600 pictures to cull and process. Anything worth posting will be up later this week, I had to get up at 0-dark-30 and drive to Denver to catch my flight, so I will fall asleep before I get much done tonight.
06-28-2018, 03:46 AM - 2 Likes   #58
Pentaxian

I’m back with VNP..posted some pictures. I will be out for next round. It will be busy for me whe I have a little break to see my family and then back to Macau. I’m looking at getting busy autumn. Kind a good, but the I wont have time for things like this. It is nice to take pictures daily and all. Well this is not over yet. But yeah, just thinking out loud. Did make a little purchase from here. Have been out all day with it. 70-200, boy. It is my most exspensive and best lens, ever. Big, yes. But when you are using it, then it is not so big. But having it on your camera and walking around at the city...people do notice that. Also putting it down with hood on, on the coffee table while having refreshments . No room for plates!

Anyways, couple days left!

Cheers!
06-30-2018, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #59
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I kind of fell off the map the last couple or 3 days; I've been a bit under the weather. Feeling a bit better now but my main computer has died and I will have to replace the motherboard. Hopefully I'll be back in august though I might pop in from time to time during July.
07-01-2018, 04:00 AM   #60
Pentaxian

Thanks everyone for a great month!