Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am in for another month

05-31-2018, 07:02 AM   #17
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Sounds quite enticing just in the name and specs, without knowing anything further. I have a Spiratone 200/3.5 that I like..

And hey friends, I'm feeling quite fizzled out right now. I've called myself "in" for June, but so far that's been said purely in faith that I'll find a way to rebound into the new month. I also know that Rod is quite busy, so if anybody would like to take the reigns in making a theme list happen for this DIC month, that effort would be most welcomed and appreciated. There are some interesting suggestions above that I am not at all opposed to, it's just that I am fizzled out right now and distracted by other life happenings to where I'm not a suitable judge. I can't even get myself to go out and make a Brenizer happen, which usually I would have jumped enthusiastically at the excuse to do so.

If nobody jumps in with a proposed list of themes for each week prior to the beginning of June 1st, we'll just call the June DIC "themeless". No big thang. Cheers!
I guess "fizzled out" fits on me, too. Last month I spent part of exactly one day out with the camera. Right now I think June will be much the same. A bit of a shame, really, as this May has been the nicest and warmest ever recorded - more heat than we usually get through an entire summer. Quite a contrast to the right out cold April.

Hope to be back in business in July!
06-01-2018, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in for this month.
06-01-2018, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I guess "fizzled out" fits on me, too. Last month I spent part of exactly one day out with the camera. Right now I think June will be much the same. A bit of a shame, really, as this May has been the nicest and warmest ever recorded - more heat than we usually get through an entire summer. Quite a contrast to the right out cold April.

Hope to be back in business in July!
I fizzled out as well. And am still on the fence about joining in. The last time I took a month off I was aching to start back up about 2 weeks in because I miss the fun and challenge of shooting and posting every day. So I guess that means I just convinced myself to jump in

06-01-2018, 02:34 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
After sitting out for a couple of months I have decided to rejoin the fun. My first offering is a new entry in the front garden. With the group's permission I will post any astrophotos on the day after they are actually taken because the processing is typically complex and time consuming and they really aren't finished images until that is all done.
06-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bad links between PF and Flickr.

As many are aware, it's often not possible to comment on posted pictures at present with some Flickr pages not being available. However, if pictures are added to the Flickr Group "Daily Challenges (Pentax Forums)" at the time of posting, they can be accessed OK.
06-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK so my go to camera shop has the KP and the K3II for the same $999 price got me thinking of getting another Pentax camera. I am leaning towards the K3 and never used a flash yet so wont miss that.
Not interested in a K70 as it reminds me of my K50 which I disliked and the only camera I have ever sold. Need help here =)

---------- Post added 06-02-18 at 02:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I fizzled out as well. And am still on the fence about joining in. The last time I took a month off I was aching to start back up about 2 weeks in because I miss the fun and challenge of shooting and posting every day. So I guess that means I just convinced myself to jump in

Just miss a few weeks then, I have done it in the past and no one really minds. Some days I find nothing to get me inspired to use a camera.

06-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
OK so my go to camera shop has the KP and the K3II for the same $999 price got me thinking of getting another Pentax camera. I am leaning towards the K3 and never used a flash yet so wont miss that.
Not interested in a K70 as it reminds me of my K50 which I disliked and the only camera I have ever sold. Need help here =)

---------- Post added 06-02-18 at 02:48 AM ----------

Just miss a few weeks then, I have done it in the past and no one really minds. Some days I find nothing to get me inspired to use a camera.
Thanks. A hard choice on cameras. What do you value more? They both will make outstanding images, have similar sensor, and lots of AF points. The K-3 has the bigger grip and bigger buffer. I went with the KP for the weight savings (not so much, but still it is there) and the tilt screen which I find very useful.
06-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've just posted for the last 3 days and will try to catch up with comments tomorrow.
06-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Thanks. A hard choice on cameras. What do you value more? They both will make outstanding images, have similar sensor, and lots of AF points. The K-3 has the bigger grip and bigger buffer. I went with the KP for the weight savings (not so much, but still it is there) and the tilt screen which I find very useful.
Yea the tilt screen is a good plus, its like my Oly tilt screen. I like the top display on the K3 Oh my, I think $999 CDN or $770 USD is pretty good, but I can also get the K3 with 18-135 for $840 USD.
06-03-2018, 02:52 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Now when I have been properly introduced of tilt screen of K-1, it seems so annoying to not have one. Wonder how that happened. K-1 is great compared to my Oly E5MII. Just that it can be turned in so many directions even that it is not so much away from body.
06-03-2018, 04:30 AM   #27
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
The way I see it... Pros for the KP in no particular order:
* Better high-ISO performance
* Lighter and slightly smaller
* Tilt screen
* 3rd control wheel
* Flash
* Motion correction on the pixel shift
* SR II

Pros for the K3II:
* Dual card slots
* Top side LCD
* More shots per battery charge
* Built-in GPS
* Higer frame rate

...then you decide what's more important for you. I have never held the KP but how the camera feels in hand is very individual anyway.

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Now when I have been properly introduced of tilt screen of K-1, it seems so annoying to not have one. Wonder how that happened. K-1 is great compared to my Oly E5MII. Just that it can be turned in so many directions even that it is not so much away from body.
Yes, very true. I have used the pull-out screen a lot more than I thought I would do. The KP screen is not quite as flexible, but it's still very usable as a waist level finder and when shooting over head. I would still prefer the KP kind of screen over the flip-and-twist kind that the K70 has, though. And both of those would be better than a fixed screen.
06-03-2018, 04:35 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
The way I see it... Pros for the KP in no particular order:
* Better high-ISO performance
* Lighter and slightly smaller
* Tilt screen
* 3rd control wheel
* Flash
* Motion correction on the pixel shift
* SR II

Pros for the K3II:
* Dual card slots
* Top side LCD
* More shots per battery charge
* Built-in GPS
* Higer frame rate

...then you decide what's more important for you. I have never held the KP but how the camera feels in hand is very individual anyway.

Yes, very true. I have used the pull-out screen a lot more than I thought I would do. The KP screen is not quite as flexible, but it's still very usable as a waist level finder and when shooting over head. I would still prefer the KP kind of screen over the flip-and-twist kind that the K70 has, though. And both of those would be better than a fixed screen.
the thing what annoys with my oly is that it is just that twis and turn type. I’d prefer tilting over it. don’t use selfie mode enough to have twist and turn..also I use tilt function of my K-1 screen a lot.
06-03-2018, 01:20 PM   #29
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
the thing what annoys with my oly is that it is just that twis and turn type. I’d prefer tilting over it. don’t use selfie mode enough to have twist and turn..also I use tilt function of my K-1 screen a lot.
Yes. The Canon p&s I had years ago had one of those, and it was not anywhere as useful IMO. Most of the time I want to flip it either up or down and both the KP/Z type and K-1 type is better at that.

I have turned the screen forward (on the Canon) on a couple of occasions when the lens wasn't wide enough to cover the room and I needed to hold the camera as far into a corner as I could. Now I guess I'd use wifi and my phone for that, so not really a problem. And I still haven't found a room where a 14mm fisheye isn't wide enough anyway
06-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I cannot upload from Flickr to PF, unfortunately. I had a good day out this morning, but I'll have to play with RAW to get the best out of a few shots.