Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2018, 06:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
My condolences to you and all those affected by this tragedy, Bill.
Thank you Brad.

---------- Post added 07-03-18 at 09:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Oh dear. I'm so sorry. I didn't see this before posting my flip entry post a few minutes ago. I'm about to go delete it as it just doesn't fit this mood.

My sincere well wishes.
Thank you and I appreciate the thought too. But it is ok with me to celebrate life too in these times.

Last edited by wstruth; 07-04-2018 at 07:45 AM.
07-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
Thank you and I appreciate the thought too. But it is ok with me to celebrate life too in these times.
Late to the news but sincere condolences all the same.
07-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Late to the news but sincere condolences all the same.
Thank you Todd.
07-08-2018, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bad news is that I still can't find my SD card reader, so I'm delayed in uploading. The good news is that I found the battery charger for the Ricoh WG-20, so when I come back home from the shore, I'll have some great pictures from in the water, and under the water! If I remember to buy a new card reader, that is.

07-08-2018, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another day in NC wine country today... many images. Trying to cull.
07-14-2018, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Well I'm sending my KP in for service. 2 of the user modes don't work and it's still under warranty so I contact Precision camera repair and just printed the shipping label. It's not that I use them but I am more concerned that there is a problem with the mode dial that could get worse.
07-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I started strong but failed. I am shooting mostly weekends and I have posted todays' stuff here:
Lineville July 15th 2018 | Flickr

07-16-2018, 05:37 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sunset at the beach, I took a lot of shots bracket at plus and minus 3, Any good tutorials on what to do next? Thanks in advance
07-17-2018, 09:55 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rob--Here's a YouTube video on HDR sunrise processing. Should work for sunset also.

07-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you!
07-18-2018, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Guys my day is going like this:

Even if I hadn't dropped out I might now. I am operating with old glasses with no close up vision provisioning and it is only so so. It will be weeks before my new glasses are here. Oh and under 2 years old btw - and under warranty for the frames... which are no longer made.
07-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #27
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Even if I hadn't dropped out I might now. I am operating with old glasses with no close up vision provisioning and it is only so so. It will be weeks before my new glasses are here. Oh and under 2 years old btw - and under warranty for the frames... which are no longer made.

surely, there's a story to go with that...
07-18-2018, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
surely, there's a story to go with that...
OK - but it's not much.

I clean my glasses. I do so while holding the frame in one hand supporting the lens being cleaned. I do not support the other lens which is hanging in mid air. I have ultra high definition and ultra high index plastic and anti-scratch coatings etc. This pair was a replacement for another pair that died after 3 years outside of warranty. The previous pair died on my face just "SPROING" and broken. This pair just broke while I was cleaning one of the lenses - despite never putting pressure on it. The glasses are titanium memory metal designed to be twisted and come back to shape - including this part. And yet this is the second pair to die with no stresses. My pair before these lasted over 10 years. The quality is declining I would guess.

Sadly it takes over a week to get my frames in and another 1-2 weeks for glasses. Don't even think about "quality glasses in an hour..." they laugh at my prescription or run in terror.
07-19-2018, 07:22 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Veteran Member

Well that really sucks. I hope you get a replacement pair sooner than later. I have some good news my KP came back today all fixed. That was a really fast turnaround for Precision Camera I sent it out Monday.
07-20-2018, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well. It turns out my use of a camera isn't too hampered. I did get to shoot using my Panasonic lx7 last night. I will likely post something in the daily thread.