Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2018, 11:41 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Those Happy Accidental Photos

As per the discussion in Photogoof's thread, I'm starting a thread for those happy accidental photos. The ones where you clicked the shutter with a goal in mind and something unexpected lept in the way, objects shifted a certain way, something random just happened, there was already a strange juxtaposition in the frame you hadn't noticed, or your settings were wildly off what you thought they were, etc, and the result is an image that is amusing or interesting in its own right as a result of this unplanned element. The essential critera:

1) Something unintentional happened during the making of the photo.
2) The unplanned thing makes the photo.

I'm expecting plenty of animals peeing on other animals, so I'll start with a different type of example:

Here's a photo that missed what I had set out to do (a mundanely posed but cute frog portrait) and ended up hitting something more interesting. These frogs, Hyla versicolor, blend in to their surroundings with green and gray patterns (they can actually change colour). They have bright yellow "flash colours" under their legs that are normally hidden from view, but when they jump may possibly confuse predators with a sudden burst of colour given them an extra moment or two to make a getaway. This is a predators eye view of an escaping treefrog:

08-18-2018, 12:04 PM - 8 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I accidentally captured a sheep riding a pony in this one.

08-18-2018, 08:35 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most of my photos are accidental really, with a scattering of a few intentional ones
08-19-2018, 04:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I accidentally captured a sheep riding a pony in this one.
Perfect! Thanks for helping kick this off.

08-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, BrianR; great idea!
08-26-2018, 03:13 PM - 4 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was trying to send a photo of the view from my office to someone; was just to be a quick snap on the phone. A lamp in my room reflected back in just the right way to make the Transamerica building better

08-27-2018, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shooting sunrise, this car just happened to come past, I was too absorbed in capturing the sunrise that I did not hear it coming
08-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whoa, hope you were using a zoom of some length

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Shooting sunrise, this car just happened to come past, I was too absorbed in capturing the sunrise that I did not hear it coming
f

08-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jays0n Quote
Was trying to send a photo of the view from my office to someone; was just to be a quick snap on the phone. A lamp in my room reflected back in just the right way to make the Transamerica building better
Yeah, they should add on to it.
08-27-2018, 01:54 PM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

that I did not hear it coming
Must have been one of them there Toyota Prius...
08-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The car just makes the sun flare pop, but I think I would have a heart attack being photobombed by a car that early in the day! Thanks for sharing

QuoteOriginally posted by jays0n Quote
Hmm, it looks like a robot wearing a sombrero, Transamerica or Transformer? Great addition to the thread!
08-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Hmm, it looks like a robot wearing a sombrero, Transamerica or Transformer? Great addition to the thread!
Thanks BrianR
09-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Derping bee

I managed to inadvertently capture a honey bee that looks like it is derping pretty hard. Wanted to capture the flower but between getting focus and snapping the picture this guy landed. I find it way too funny and because of that it was my favorite picture of the day.

I did crop it and put in some tweaks including sharpening the bee some as he was a bit out of focus since I was focused elsewhere initially and had the picture framed differently originally.
Camera: K-3
Lens: Sigma 300mm F/4 APO
ISO: 200
Shutter: 1/100
Aperture: f/8
09-25-2018, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

Location: Out in the sticks,Suffolk,UK(or SE Asia,if I'm lucky!)
Photographing a group of novice monks crossing U Bein Bridge,Myanmar and one in the very middle of the group looked over his shoulder apparently right into my lens.