Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 142 Likes Search this Thread
09-17-2018, 07:13 PM - 1 Like   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK Hurricane Irony (uh... Florence) has struck again. This time it was a loss of power with no apparent cause (a tree somewhere must have fallen in the woods and despite no one hearing it - the power lines felt it!) The power was only out about 5 hours and I luckily had made extra large blocks of ice that I could put into the fridge and other freezers so we didn't lose anything - but it was a chaotic afternoon. On top of this we had no internet and I work from home normally so I had to call my local bank manager and ask for space - today was spent in an office rather than my home office. (I'm an IT guy for a large bank). In any case nothing shot today - I carried a camera but too many other priorities. Oh and my father in law has his power back on! And he has a company coming to take down his tree.

09-18-2018, 09:47 PM - 4 Likes   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No hurricanes or typhoons here. However, my latest Singles In managed another Explore. Very happy with that.
09-19-2018, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Feeling better, and will try to finish out the month. I posted the first portrait from my September project (which was also delayed by the Labor Day concussion) in today's thread.

Oh, and I broke a flash. Umbrella stand tipped over during the shoot.

Last edited by babywriter; 09-19-2018 at 07:48 PM.
09-20-2018, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Feeling better, and will try to finish out the month. I posted the first portrait from my September project (which was also delayed by the Labor Day concussion) in today's thread.

Oh, and I broke a flash. Umbrella stand tipped over during the shoot.
ouchies on the equipment. on the plus side... time to go shopping?! lol lol lol

i got shots for today at floriade, but they were quick snaps as i was with people. and missed yesterday. will try to get some time to edit tonight. and if hte flower shots don't work i think i had a few safeties from this morning too.

09-20-2018, 02:11 PM - 2 Likes   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm off climbing in Wales this weekend if it stops raining... Might have to delay posting until I get back due to no WiFi and dreadful phone signal.
09-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #81
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I leave to Italy tomorrow for a long weekend. Naturally I take my camera with me, but I wont carry computer with me, so I'll post when I'm back home.
09-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I leave to Italy tomorrow for a long weekend. Naturally I take my camera with me, but I wont carry computer with me, so I'll post when I'm back home.
That sounds like a fun chance for lots of nice photos, enjoy the trip

09-21-2018, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm looking forward to a business trip to Tampa Florida next week. I'll be working more than anything else, but I'm staying near the waterfront, and hope to make some photos during the evening in Ybor City, the Channel Side, and maybe the university campus. I'm travelling light, just the K-5, SIC Lens DA 21mm LTD, and the ever-to-hand DA 40mm XS, two Lume Cubes for lighting, a large Gorilla Pod and two smaller GorillaPods to hold the Lume Cubes. I will have 1.5 days free, so I hope to take pictures in St PEte and Sarasota on those days. There is a beautiful bridge that could provide some great night shots as well. Mix that in with the chance to see some good friends and I think I have the perfect mix of business and pleasure and photography.
09-21-2018, 04:01 AM - 2 Likes   #84
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
That sounds like a fun chance for lots of nice photos, enjoy the trip
More of a social than shooting trip. I'll keep SIC running and probably take some tourist shots, but will mostly concentrate in spending time with wife and friends. Been there two times before, so I already have the scenery shot, so it's no problem.

I plan to travel light. I take K5 with M85/2, M35/2 & DA21ltd. Maybe a small plastic tripod just in case.
09-21-2018, 08:38 AM - 2 Likes   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I'm looking forward to a business trip to Tampa Florida next week. I'll be working more than anything else, but I'm staying near the waterfront, and hope to make some photos during the evening in Ybor City, the Channel Side, and maybe the university campus. I'm travelling light, just the K-5, SIC Lens DA 21mm LTD, and the ever-to-hand DA 40mm XS, two Lume Cubes for lighting, a large Gorilla Pod and two smaller GorillaPods to hold the Lume Cubes. I will have 1.5 days free, so I hope to take pictures in St PEte and Sarasota on those days. There is a beautiful bridge that could provide some great night shots as well. Mix that in with the chance to see some good friends and I think I have the perfect mix of business and pleasure and photography.
Enjoy! Some of my family live in that area. This is one of my favorite places - if you haven't been, please put it on the possible to do list: Tampa La Teresita Restaurant, Tampa Spanish Cuban Food Restaurant and Banquet Hall
09-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #86
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

also posted in my prime thread:

M42 lens on the way, I have the OEM M42/K-mount adapter.... anything I should know or be aware of aside from what I've read in the manual lens/M42 article?
09-22-2018, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #87
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
M42 lens on the way, I have the OEM M42/K-mount adapter.... anything I should know or be aware of aside from what I've read in the manual lens/M42 article?
Personally, I treat the adaptor as part of the lens and screw it on really hard. One adaptor per lens. Then you can treat each M42 like any old-school K-mount lens. Unless you also want to use them a screw mount film camera of course

The Pentax adaptor is much better engineered than the third party knock-offs - worth the extra cost IMHO.
09-22-2018, 10:48 PM   #88
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Personally, I treat the adaptor as part of the lens and screw it on really hard. One adaptor per lens. Then you can treat each M42 like any old-school K-mount lens. Unless you also want to use them a screw mount film camera of course

The Pentax adaptor is much better engineered than the third party knock-offs - worth the extra cost IMHO.
awesome - so no worries with the OEM adapter getting stuck on my camera?
09-23-2018, 12:17 AM - 1 Like   #89
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
awesome - so no worries with the OEM adapter getting stuck on my camera?
If you mean the Pentax one, no.
09-23-2018, 04:22 AM - 1 Like   #90
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
If you mean the Pentax one, no.

I do - that solves pretty all my issues/concerns with M42 lenses (buy the OEM adapter and forget about it)...