Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
THEME REMINDER Sunday September 9th

Uncle Vanya's suggested theme for this Sunday is: SLOW SHUTTER SPEED

09-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm doing a photo marathon tomorrow. 6 shots on 6 themes, taken in order, in 6 hours around Sheffield. Hopefully the daily challenges will stand me in good stead...
09-07-2018, 03:15 PM - 1 Like   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a week it has been, I hope to get some shots uploaded and catch up soon.
09-08-2018, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #64
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Not sure I got anything useful today - will try to have a look tomorrow. A nerdy trip to London is hard work

09-10-2018, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Pentaxian

Bit of a last minute trip down to the Isle of Wight yesterday for my nephews christening. Long drive, early start and a bit of a poorly child emergency which required an ambulance (hes fine), meant not a huge amount of time for photography. I did get some but will most likely not get round to sorting through them tonight. Shall be catching up tomorrow.
09-14-2018, 12:45 AM - 1 Like   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THEME REMINDER: Sunday September 16

noelcmn's suggested theme for this Sunday is: BLACK & WHITE
09-14-2018, 05:30 AM - 1 Like   #67
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Trying to get back into the game, but so far the month has not been very cooperative. Or I haven't been...

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
BLACK & WHITE
That I can do

09-16-2018, 05:04 AM - 2 Likes   #68
Veteran Member

I have been waiting for the new Lensbaby Sol to arrive. and I finally received it on Friday. Mine is the 22mm Sol for Micro 4/3's. I decided to forgo getting it for Pentax mount because I think it's too close in operation to the Sweet Optic 35 that I already have. It is more limited in function too, because it only has a fixed aperture of 3.5.

The lock mechanism it a nice feature to have though. It locks the lens immediately into a straight on projection. If any of you have used a Lensbaby you know what I mean because the composer base units have no means to lock the lens straight forward. Of course that is not what these lenses are about but especially when you are learning the lenses like I am it is useful for the in focus area to remain n the front while you experiment on how the aperture affects the out of focus areas.

The bokeh blades are also kind of cool. In day light without out highlights to create bokeh balls I think they will be pretty useful.

Any way my two shots for the 15th were made with the Lensbaby Sol. One thing I found is that I have to slow down to focus properly.
09-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #69
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
I have been waiting for the new Lensbaby Sol to arrive. and I finally received it on Friday. Mine is the 22mm Sol for Micro 4/3's. I decided to forgo getting it for Pentax mount because I think it's too close in operation to the Sweet Optic 35 that I already have. It is more limited in function too, because it only has a fixed aperture of 3.5.

The lock mechanism it a nice feature to have though. It locks the lens immediately into a straight on projection. If any of you have used a Lensbaby you know what I mean because the composer base units have no means to lock the lens straight forward. Of course that is not what these lenses are about but especially when you are learning the lenses like I am it is useful for the in focus area to remain n the front while you experiment on how the aperture affects the out of focus areas.

The bokeh blades are also kind of cool. In day light without out highlights to create bokeh balls I think they will be pretty useful.

Any way my two shots for the 15th were made with the Lensbaby Sol. One thing I found is that I have to slow down to focus properly.
Looks interesting. The centering feature would be nice to have on the Composer. What I find most frustrating with that one is that you can move your focus point out of the frame, and it's not always easy to locate it again. I often resort to live view with focus peaking and pointing it at a flat surface to get the focus point where I want it, then frame and focus the image.
09-20-2018, 02:12 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm off climbing in Wales this weekend if it stops raining... Might have to delay posting until I get back due to no WiFi and dreadful phone signal.
09-20-2018, 06:01 PM - 2 Likes   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have used the FA 77mm for a few days.
What a great lens it is, and it is reminding me of just how different the DOF of my usual WA lens preference is in comparison to the DOF of this telephoto focal length. The butterfly shot is a good example of when a slightly larger aperture should be considered, at f2.0 only the leading edge of the butterfly wing is sharp, at f4.0 I probably would have more of the butterfly and flower sharply in focus, but still had the bokeh behind it. I'll file that note away for my next shot.
09-21-2018, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #72
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

No shot from me today. First another intense day at work, then wading through heavy traffic to spend the weekend with the grandkids (yay). Not sure how much "own time" there will be until Monday. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself, though
09-21-2018, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
No shot from me today. First another intense day at work, then wading through heavy traffic to spend the weekend with the grandkids (yay). Not sure how much "own time" there will be until Monday. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy myself, though
THEME REMINDER: Sunday September 23

savoche's suggested theme for this Sunday is: "wood"

09-21-2018, 05:49 PM - 1 Like   #74
Veteran Member

I've been missing a bunch of days. Work has decided to get super intense and my assistant Biv had to go to the hospital for emergency surgery and my senior staff architect has just now started her pregnancy leave. All this just before I go on vacation starting next Friday. But Biv looks like she will recover well. Dahianna will be back in January, and soon I'll be drinking beer in Prague (work will just remain a bitch for the next few months). But right now i only have a little hope i'll be getting back in on a regular basis.
09-21-2018, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Drinking beer in Prague, tough job but someone has to do it. I'd love to visit there, especially the Alphonse Mucha museum. The closes I've been to Prague is Plsen and Budowiece, Czechia. I've been to Krakow Poland twice, though ,and cannot wait to return. I love going to Eastern Europe, so much to see and do, but not on the Euro so a much less expensive vacation.

I'll post shots tomorrow, too tired to cull, process and upload tonight.