Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2018, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
PP Challenge #269

Welcome to the 269th PF PPC! Do whatever you want to this image as many times as you want and post your results here. I will close this round and announce the judging results sometime on Sunday September 16th, California Time.

DNG DOWNLOAD
JPG DOWNLOAD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note to the winner: Please copy and post this info into the next challenge.

The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

09-10-2018, 02:08 AM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I accept your challenge good sir!

My subtle interpretation of a desert sunset.

I went with subtlety but i think this is a scene that will work nicely with some tonal changes and textures...IMHO...YMMV etc...and some mono and well, lets see what happens with this challenge.

Ta for picking up the baton Mr Todd.

Tas
09-10-2018, 02:35 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you todd for hosting 269 and this wonderful image to work with!

FYI - I will be travelling when this challenge is scheduled to close, so I would not be a good candidate to be considered to host the next challenge.
09-10-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Here we go again:

09-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I did as much damage as I could tolerate to this one.

Tim
09-10-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for taking on the hosting job Todd, so I can have some fun . Liked what I did with the last challenge, so going that route again.
09-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great entries all.. Keep 'em comin'. Going to go ahead and close and judge this at some point on Friday unless anybody objects and wants me to wait until Sunday...

09-13-2018, 07:08 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Three more!

Drive by effect
09-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I enjoyed all your takes very much. Thanks for playing.
QuoteOriginally posted by jcomley Quote
morning on the trail
jcomley I'd like to announce you the winner. Very nice entry. If you can't host the next round then Noel, sorry but you're runner up with your first entry.
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Liked what I did with the last challenge, so going that route again.
09-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #10
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cheers for hosting todd, and congrats to jcomley.

Maybe for the next challenge we can add a line that if you are unable to host the next round that you declare that when you post your image version/versions?

This is a great challenge to be a part of and we need to reach out to the broader forum community to let people know about it. Maybe posting to the specific camera thread for the camera used with the challenge link would be a good way of raising the profile a bit and get more people involved. What do you guys think?

Tas
09-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Cheers for hosting todd, and congrats to jcomley.

Maybe for the next challenge we can add a line that if you are unable to host the next round that you declare that when you post your image version/versions?

This is a great challenge to be a part of and we need to reach out to the broader forum community to let people know about it. Maybe posting to the specific camera thread for the camera used with the challenge link would be a good way of raising the profile a bit and get more people involved. What do you guys think?

Tas
Sounds good to me.. Not sure it'll help enough but couldn't hurt. I know Noel isn't keen to host either, and the other available 'contestants' of this round have for sure hosted a lot in recents, so maybe this challenge needs to lay fallow for a while. If anybody wants to host, grab the ball, because I don't think Noel is up for it.
09-14-2018, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #12
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Sounds good to me.. Not sure it'll help enough but couldn't hurt. I know Noel isn't keen to host either, and the other available 'contestants' of this round have for sure hosted a lot in recents, so maybe this challenge needs to lay fallow for a while. If anybody wants to host, grab the ball, because I don't think Noel is up for it.
Okay, I've been away for several challenges in the last few months so I'll jump in again if your selections from this challenge are unlikely to proceed.

I've chosen an image that will let me add an 'ad' into the K-1 and sporting images threads to see if any there are interested in coming to join us. I'll see if I can find a lens thread for the 150-450 too and add it there as well. I'll post a link in the post-processing forum too. Hopefully the admins won't get too cranky with me.

Oh, and this one will be a bit different to work on because of the conditions on the day challenging the detail I could capture through about 1km of salt spray.

I hope to see you all again here: PP Challenge #270 - PentaxForums.com

Tas
09-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
so I'll jump in again
Thank you!! A fun image to go with too..
09-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Tas for taking this on your shoulders.
09-14-2018, 10:45 PM   #15
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Thanks Tas for taking this on your shoulders.
No worries mate, just hoping I didn't scare off some new challengers by stuffing up the photo upload.

I look forward to your submissions mate.

Tas