Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2018, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Was thinking of giving this a try with the DA 35mm f/2.4 as that lens hasn't got much love lately but now am thinking maybe to use the M42 SCM 50mm f/1.4. We'll see if I find time this month as that always seem to be the limiting factor.

09-28-2018, 11:11 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yesterday I spent putting together my new computer desk, and new computer chair, this morning my brother helped me finish the desk. Then rolled the desk in place and set up the desktop computer after finishing building it last week, it's been down since last November and I've been on the laptop since then (not good for editing on). Now I have the better video card, better monitor IPS model I'm ready to see what the colors really look like.
09-28-2018, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe the correct solution to my dilemma is to stick one lens on the K-3 and the other on the K2000.
09-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Maybe the correct solution to my dilemma is to stick one lens on the K-3 and the other on the K2000.
You could do two entries for the day that way!

09-28-2018, 09:16 PM - 3 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello all. After a long break from Single In, time for a comeback. That I'm about to stop full time work in 6 days time helps! Yippee!

As for lens, the FA43 Limited I bought from Sandy some years back. It has just been on a three month trip to Japan for repair. It was sort of ok on APS-C which is all we all had when I bought it, but later putting it on the K-1 revealed what looked like significant decentering which was kind of hidden by crop sensor. It came back from Japan with a lens element replaced at no cost, which was very nice of Pentax. Presumably they decided it was defective at point of manufacture.

So, time to see what this lens can do on full frame. First half of the month I'll be in Adelaide, second half will be New Zealand if I can master internet access while there. And the sun is finally out down here ...winter is gone. Another yippee!
09-29-2018, 02:14 AM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
That might work better for the Daily in challenge, here it works only for Single in, as in one lens per month.

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
That I'm about to stop full time work in 6 days time helps! Yippee!
I assume the Yippee!! means good things, then I'm happy for you. And welcome back!
09-29-2018, 02:24 AM - 3 Likes   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For October I've decided to put this recent acquisition to work.

09-29-2018, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Hello all. After a long break from Single In, time for a comeback. That I'm about to stop full time work in 6 days time helps! Yippee!
Sounds like congratulations on stopping full time work is in order. Work frequently does impact my ability to stick with the daily and single challenges so less work does sound fun.

I am going to try again in October. Not sure what lens I am going to pick. My September use of the Pentax M 50mm F4 Macro was cut short so I may redo that one. I am doing a shoot next weekend with my new granddaughter (born last Friday) so the 50 should be useful. Though I think most of my shots will be with the 35mm Macro Limited.
09-30-2018, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

I am in and have decided on the SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:2 24mm IF & AL . I have had this lens since new and loved the focal length with film. I hardly used it with the APS C digital cameras and like the challenge of seeing how it goes on the K1 and K3 for digital. The reviews say it might be a little soft wide open and I hope to see if my memory of the lens is correct.
09-30-2018, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
I am in and have decided on the SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:2 24mm IF & AL
Awesome! I have it too, and can attest to its quality on digital sensors. I look forward to seeing what you do with it
09-30-2018, 03:26 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I look forward to seeing what you do with it
I "Singled" mine nearly four years ago (on crop only of course).
Some of my all-time favourite environmental portraits came from it.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 09-30-2018 at 03:37 AM.
09-30-2018, 04:08 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I "Singled" mine nearly four years ago (on crop only of course).
Some of my all-time favourite environmental portraits came from it.
Haha great shots , I am 100% sure that I will not be getting any upside down portraits , unless photoshop is involved, I did stalk your albums from the lens review and hope I can do it justice. Looking forward to your efforts with the "stack of fifties"
09-30-2018, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just came back from my biz trip, this was a busy month with less time to make photos. I think October might give me more time for photographs, but I'm torn between the Takumar 17mm to capture the autumn landscapes, and the FA-77mm which I really have neglected in the past year.
09-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Well I was looking for Daily thread, but could not find it. Maybe it was a sing to turn at here. Now I seem to have some time again. And since I'll be taking photos anyway...why not. About that nifty fifty. Dunno yet. There is always that helios 44-2 which I havent been using for ages. But it is getting wet at here by autumn... I'll see about it. My shooting has been pretty much just with 15-30 and 70-200 lately.

What I had in mind was to 'really' test video thingy too with K-1. I have noticed so far problem with móire, and it would be nice to PP video too, but that is an other thing. So what I'm looking at is one or two video/stopmotion/timelapse per week. would that be welcome? If not, I'll just post 'extra' and you can decide if you gonna look or not. But I'm in. Will decide about that lens later on tomorrow. (will be carrying 15-30 &70-200 still)
09-30-2018, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #45
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well I was looking for Daily thread, but could not find it. Maybe it was a sing to turn at here. Now I seem to have some time again. And since I'll be taking photos anyway...why not. About that nifty fifty. Dunno yet. There is always that helios 44-2 which I havent been using for ages. But it is getting wet at here by autumn... I'll see about it. My shooting has been pretty much just with 15-30 and 70-200 lately.

What I had in mind was to 'really' test video thingy too with K-1. I have noticed so far problem with móire, and it would be nice to PP video too, but that is an other thing. So what I'm looking at is one or two video/stopmotion/timelapse per week. would that be welcome? If not, I'll just post 'extra' and you can decide if you gonna look or not. But I'm in. Will decide about that lens later on tomorrow. (will be carrying 15-30 &70-200 still)
Welcome aboard , why not, I will be looking forward to your efforts