Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 151 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2018, 04:27 AM   #106
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Wifi is slower than wired, most times. And wifi is more apt to get spyware, malware,and trojans or is more easily hacked. I'd rather have wired connection than wifi any day. My laptop is wired, not on wifi.

until I replaced the router a couple of weeks ago, our Wi-Fi was unlocked - no password.... we're in the middle of nowhere and to use our Wi-Fi signal, you'd have to be on the property, within walking distance of the house....

the new Linksys router changed all that - it requires a password to secure the Wi-Fi, which made me kinda sad...

10-05-2018, 04:59 AM   #107
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Our WiFi has always needed a password, but it is still vulnerable to hackers getting in via other methods. That's why I said wired is safer.
10-05-2018, 04:09 PM - 4 Likes   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Renting the K-1 for at least a week, and paring it with the FA 77mm for SIC, good times and good pix ahead!
10-06-2018, 11:11 PM - 3 Likes   #109
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my sunset shot from Friday hit 'explore'....

10-08-2018, 01:29 AM - 2 Likes   #110
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This month must have most participants I've seen in SIC. Three days away and cathing up on commenting is an effort. Well it's done now.
10-08-2018, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Went down to North Carolina to visit my daughter on Sunday, had many great subjects for photography, but got home too late to post. Hopefully I'll get them up sometime on Monday.
10-08-2018, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #112
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

FYI-the DA 40mm XS and LTD work perfectly on the K-1, but I"m having a hard time giving up the FA 77mm to devote time to using either right now.

10-08-2018, 11:41 AM - 2 Likes   #113
Pentaxian

So, I'll be skipping plausibly tomorrow. I have premiere of the show that I'v already performed at festival when it was not complete yet. So changes to be made, some media things ect. (was at local radio today, yay) Just letting you know. will be back..
10-08-2018, 05:40 PM - 2 Likes   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually posted shots from Sunday, and safeties for Monday, all before Tuesday!
10-09-2018, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Confession: I'm liking the Isco-Gottingen Westar 2.8/50 more than I thought I would. Considering where I got it from (an old musty Praktica top-view camera), I wasn't expecting much. But it has a lovely retro rendering, and is acceptably sharp considering its vintage. The shots from this lens look and feel like they're from film. I'm enjoying that. And it's tiny - almost like a pancake lens - so I can carry around the K-01 without having to lug a typical photo bag.
10-14-2018, 04:29 AM - 5 Likes   #116
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
my sunset shot from Friday hit 'explore'....
Congratulations!

Okay, I know my shot from yesterday wasn't my normal flower or bug shot. But it was something special to me and the why I shot it is below.

When my brother was in his late teens, (1960) he was sent to Germany courtesy of the US Army, while there, he met a lovely German girl and married her, they had a beautiful baby girl, also while there, his wife was killed in a car accident, but because he wasn't married to her by United States laws, he wasn't allowed to bring the baby home with him. The next phase of his life he spent in a bottle. Only waking from it when my mother at the age of 85 had a stroke, he came home to take care of her. By this time, both my mother and my older brother had white hair. But that's just a tad bit of extra info. He took her for walks, pushing her in her wheelchair, where ever she wanted to go. She couldn't speak, she couldn't walk, but she could point where she wanted to go. For 13 years until she passed away he cooked her food, dressed her, and took her for walks. Now he's a man of 75. And I'm so proud of him, for overcoming his struggles with a bottle that tried to beat him down. to take care of our mother. And I was so proud of him, when he built this canopy as cover for his boat he plans to use to go fishing.

There's a lot more to that story above, but that's for another time. Maybe in my book I plan to write, some day.

Last edited by photolady95; 10-14-2018 at 07:03 AM.
10-14-2018, 07:00 AM - 1 Like   #117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Overcast autumn weather, I love it! I spend too many years in lands of oppressive heat and merciless sun. I love autumn and cooler temperatures. I will be indoors to check out the last day of a butterfly exhibit. I'll use the SIC lens, FA 77mm, which is so good that I don't really need a macro to take in the insects in all their glory.
10-15-2018, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Overcast autumn weather, I love it! I spend too many years in lands of oppressive heat and merciless sun. I love autumn and cooler temperatures.
I've spent most of my life in Maryland and Virginia. I'm tired of 94 degrees with 80% humidity by about June 15th. I've been very happy with the weather the last week.
10-16-2018, 12:39 AM - 3 Likes   #119
Pentaxian

So much for my ability to share the right photos from the Takumar 200/3.5 with the group.

According to Scout Explore, this photo was Explored on Flick on the 13th at #170. But I didn't share it with you, choosing a fence instead - so I'd like to share it now. (BTW it was one of those Explores that is not actually listed on the day - its included retrospectively a day later - so it doesn't get the traffic).

Last edited by utak; 10-16-2018 at 01:00 AM.
10-16-2018, 05:57 AM   #120
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
So much for my ability to share the right photos from the Takumar 200/3.5 with the group.

According to Scout Explore, this photo was Explored on Flick on the 13th at #170. But I didn't share it with you, choosing a fence instead - so I'd like to share it now. (BTW it was one of those Explores that is not actually listed on the day - its included retrospectively a day later - so it doesn't get the traffic).

love this shot.... and the fickle finger of flickr's explore strikes again....