Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 151 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #121
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats, Simon!

I guess I don't tag mine to enough things, place or whatever to get mine noticed for flickr to get them in explore. I've started putting them in more groups but not tagged as more whatever you guys tag yours as. Got any hints what I should tag mine as besides flowers and nature?

10-16-2018, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #122
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Congrats, Simon!
I guess I don't tag mine to enough things, place or whatever to get mine noticed for flickr to get them in explore. I've started putting them in more groups but not tagged as more whatever you guys tag yours as. Got any hints what I should tag mine as besides flowers and nature?
Thank you!

I don't add many tags, often none at all, and the lack of tags may limit the views from beyond Flickr. But specifically for Flickr views, I always add a photo to at least four groups. With my style/lens, it tends to be bokeh groups, plus M42 and manual focus lenses and other themes, such as macros, colours, specific subject groups. For example for the VW Beetle, a VW Bugs group.

I think posting to relevant groups with many members is the most effective way to get more views and get explored. And once you are on the explore bandwagon, and known better, it seems to be easier to get explored. Having said that, I avoid groups like the plague if they ask for "post 1/comment on 3" etc. They are designed to increase views, but I find them irritating.
10-18-2018, 02:48 AM - 2 Likes   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The butterfly safety I posted seems to be getting a lot of attention, but doe not seem to be in Explore. Interesting. I will be delayed in posting and commenting, two work deadlines are eating my time. What little time is left is taken up sorting and culling my submissions to the annual calendar contest our local paper runs. Last year I won the grand prize, which was a nice surprise. I do not expect to do so well this year, I was out of the area for half the year, and did not make a dedicated effort to take in local scenes once I returned. Anyway, I will be ruthless in choosing only my best for consideration. The real benefit to doing this contest is the feedback on the winning submissions. The judge gives out so much great advice in his critique and it has made me take more time in composing fewer, but better photographs
10-18-2018, 11:49 PM - 3 Likes   #124
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I got nothing for yesterday. I had business to take care of and by the time I finished that, my few hours I could stay up, I was wore out. I came home and relaxed the rest of the day. Well except for having to move my computer desk to another location in the house. Then filling up the boot/cargo space in the Jeep with Air Hawk, Reel and Rod, tackle box, camera backpack, etc, and lastly, tuning the radio to my favorite country station, you know priorities first and foremost.

10-19-2018, 07:02 AM - 2 Likes   #125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
If anyone's curious, here's what the Isco-Gottingen Westar lens looks like on my K-3. Obligatory instagram filter applied.

10-19-2018, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #126
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
If anyone's curious, here's what the Isco-Gottingen Westar lens looks like on my K-3. Obligatory instagram filter applied.

the hotness!
10-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Darn sexy, I love those pancake lenses

10-19-2018, 03:36 PM - 2 Likes   #128
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Darn sexy, I love those pancake lenses
who doesn't?

10-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #129
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Until I get over the "I just bought a Jeep" my photo taking is going to suffer. LOL Nothing from me today. Went to AutoZone this morning, while waiting for traffic to clear so I could pull out on to the highway, Jeep shut off. Started right up again but I was worried something was wrong so I came home and called the dealer, was told to bring it up and they'd check it out. Seems, nothing seriously wrong, just I didn't give the engine time to warm up properly before leaving the house? I thought that only happened up north in colder weather, not in Florida where temps are already warm. LOL So, I took it out from the dealer, traveled to my pharmacy, picked up a few groceries, picked up a few other things, came home ate lunch, had a glass of milk and promptly fell asleep, waking at 6pm, no photo.
10-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Enjoy the Jeep, I am strongly considering selling off my Mustang so I can get something with some better ground clearance and take to the hills for some more photo ops.
10-19-2018, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #131
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Enjoy the Jeep, I am strongly considering selling off my Mustang so I can get something with some better ground clearance and take to the hills for some more photo ops.
Thanks, Rob. That's another reason I like the Jeep, ground clearance. All the other cars I had previously here were to low to the ground, no way they would have not bottomed out in the woods, and certainly not worked well on a mountain. Plus I can now take it out of town worry free, I have roadside assistance if needed. Which I have never had with any other vehicle.
10-24-2018, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #132
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
November 2018 Single In thread is up:

Single In - November 2018 - PentaxForums.com
10-24-2018, 11:04 PM - 1 Like   #133
Pentaxian

That would be the reason why I drive Subaru Forester..no worry of driving almost anywhere..
10-25-2018, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #134
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have a photo shoot on October 31st. My PC doctor's office girls are going to hand out candy to children patients, I'm not photographing them but the office girls are dressing in costumes, so I'm going there to photograph them. Perhaps they might, or maybe, buy some copies? I'll be taking my SIC lens and my 18-55mm WR lens, also.
10-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #135
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nothing for me today. I woke to pouring down rain and it has yet to stop and it's dark, so no photo for me today. Also last day for fishing to be good too.