Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2018, 07:17 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Interesting color brew.
Yeah, it is a kind very popular here in the northeast - it is very juicy. The breweries call these New England IPAs or Juicy IPAs. It looks like pineapple juice, thick and very aromatic. Full bodied, and 5-7.5% AB regularly.

Not familiar with the term "sloop" beer
Sloop is the brewer for that specific beer - they're well known in the area for their "juice". I'd recommend it if you come across it on tap somewhere.

Hudson Valley's Sloop Brewing opens one of Upstate NY's biggest new breweries | NewYorkUpstate.com

---------- Post added 10-01-18 at 10:22 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by runswithsizzers Quote
The craft brewers can create all the Frankenbeer they want, but I hope every brewery, large or small, will keep at least one traditional ale or porter on tap.
Ha - this is very true. I am a fan of an original brew every now and again, but sometimes you just want to have a well brewed regular, be it ale, pils, lager or stout

---------- Post added 10-01-18 at 10:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by runswithsizzers Quote
the pink stuff my wife is drinking.
On a warm sunny day, sitting in the shade, that drink looks very refreshing!

10-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Sloop is the brewer for that specific beer - they're well known in the area for their "juice". I'd recommend it if you come across it on tap somewhere.
Makes perfectly good sense now.
10-04-2018, 08:11 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Bud
Veteran Member

From a 2010 road trip with my son to the Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton Delaware... excellent father - son excursion

Whitey Morgan and The 78's

10-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
From a 2010 road trip with my son to the Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton Delaware... excellent father - son excursion
Nice series. Looks like a really fun place. There's a place in Eugene that brings in beer from all over the country. All over the world actually. Next time I'm there I'll look for it.

10-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Nice series.
Cool shots - this is one of my favorite bottle brews around NYC (Dogfish) - Namaste is just awesome and unique. Thanks for sharing, I'll keep this place in mind if I'm ever again down there (from here).
10-07-2018, 09:30 PM - 4 Likes   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Blue Blood Brewing Co. in Lincoln, Nebraska. Built on top of Robber's Cave, reputed to have been used as a hideout for the James Gang at one time. Maybe just a tall tale, but the cave is real and mostly manmade. Local brewers carved it out for their use back in the 1860s. That didn't last long, and it turned into a local attraction for parties for a number of years before being abandoned and closed off. The current brewery, started by three former police officers, reopened the cave for tours.

View of the brewery

Having a tipple at the bar overlooking the brewery operation

Barrel room at the entrance to Robber's Cave

---------- Post added 10-07-18 at 11:36 PM ----------

Whiskey Run Creek winery in Brownville, Nebraska. A 100-year old barn was restored and moved to a location straddling the creek to serve as the tasting room

View from the patio at Mackovicka Winery in Brainard, Nebraska

Last edited by ashurbanipal; 10-07-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: corrected/added captions
10-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #37
Bud
Veteran Member

Nice series. Looks like a really fun place. There's a place in Eugene that brings in beer from all over the country. All over the world actually. Next time I'm there I'll look for it.
They have excellent IPA's and very unique seasonal beers

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Cool shots - this is one of my favorite bottle brews around NYC (Dogfish) - Namaste is just awesome and unique. Thanks for sharing, I'll keep this place in mind if I'm ever again down there (from here).
I've been a big fan of Dogfish Head ever since my first bottle of 90 Minute IPA many beers ago. I'm sure that things have changed a bit since I was there, but we had great time at the brewery and brew pub...excellent food and beverage I highly recommend a visit if you have the opportunity.

---------- Post added 10-08-18 at 10:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ashurbanipal Quote
Blue Blood Brewing Co. in Lincoln, Nebraska. Built on top of Robber's Cave, reputed to have been used as a hideout for the James Gang at one time. Maybe just a tall tale, but the cave is real and mostly manmade. Local brewers carved it out for their use back in the 1860s. That didn't last long, and it turned into a local attraction for parties for a number of years before being abandoned and closed off. The current brewery, started by three former police officers, reopened the cave for tours.

View of the brewery

Having a tipple at the bar overlooking the brewery operation

Barrel room at the entrance to Robber's Cave

---------- Post added 10-07-18 at 11:36 PM ----------

Whiskey Run Creek winery in Brownville, Nebraska. A 100-year old barn was restored and moved to a location straddling the creek to serve as the tasting room

Great series! Blue Blood looks a very cool place to visit in Lincoln.

10-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great series! Blue Blood looks a very cool place to visit in Lincoln.
Thanks! The brewery/cave tour is a fun experience. They also have a full-service restaurant, food's pretty good as well as the beer!

--Steve
10-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Blue Blood Brewing Co. in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Nice shots. I remember reading about Robber's Cave when I was a youngster and read everything I could about "Outlaws of the West." What a great spot to build a brewery.

Love the "wino xing sign."
10-10-2018, 07:02 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots. I remember reading about Robber's Cave when I was a youngster and read everything I could about "Outlaws of the West." What a great spot to build a brewery.

Love the "wino xing sign."
Blue Blood's a great place to visit if you're ever in the area. My wife and I really loved the sign as well!
10-11-2018, 08:52 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Pentaxian

Our newest favorite place in town, the Bar-K Dog Bar. Bring your dog and let him loose in the park while enjoying a frosty beverage (in this case, a Boulevard Wheat) on the patio.
K-1 mII Ltd & K50/1.2 wide open
10-12-2018, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote

Our newest favorite place in town, the Bar-K Dog Bar. Bring your dog and let him loose in the park while enjoying a frosty beverage (in this case, a Boulevard Wheat) on the patio.
K-1 mII Ltd & K50/1.2 wide open
Cool shot - the creaminess of it goes fabulously with beer. Nice way to start a Friday!

I've heard of Boulevard here in NYC... I unfortunately relate it to when the Royals beat my Mets in 2015 (sorry for the sports reference to non-sports fans).
10-12-2018, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Our newest favorite place in town, the Bar-K Dog Bar. Bring your dog and let him loose in the park while enjoying a frosty beverage
What a great idea for a bar. Thumbs up to the people who thought of it. And nice shot too.
10-14-2018, 04:31 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Inside Rockaway Brewery in LIC Queens:

This outside on the sidewalk approaching Fifth Hammer Brewing, LIC Queens... Technically, Rockaway is also featured in this shot, as it lies two blocks down...

10-21-2018, 01:58 PM - 2 Likes   #45
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Laphroaig

IMHO it's still the best...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo