Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 224 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2019, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a driveway shot of a local craft brewery here in Grapevine TX. The beer garden is off to the left - will try to get some inside photos later. The Lakefire Rye Ale is to die for!

Last edited by paulh; 02-16-2019 at 10:41 AM.
02-15-2019, 08:08 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arn Quote
Big Rock in them
Where is this brewery located? those are nice bottles, and informative tags!
02-16-2019, 10:37 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Just a driveway shot of a local craft brewery
Paul, your photo has disappeared!

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Where is this brewery located? those are nice bottles, and informative tags!
Ed, Big Rock Brewery started in Calgary, but they also have a brewery here in Vancouver. Their Mosaic lager lets you know that most lagers need more flavour! The growler with the Phoenix was a gift from my son - the Phoenix is a close match to my (one and only) tattoo, and the other side has my name. Small company called Sigil and Growler does the bottle etching. The other bottle is from 33 Acres, another brewery a few blocks further on. The tags are part of what the breweries here do. There are many Brewery tours now that the Vancouver area has about 70 craft breweries, 25 in the city alone.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-16-2019, 10:42 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paul, your photo has disappeared!
oops - thanks, fixed

02-19-2019, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Brewery Emperial
K-1, K50f1.2
02-19-2019, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ed, Big Rock Brewery started in Calgary, but they also have a brewery here in Vancouver. Their Mosaic lager lets you know that most lagers need more flavour! The growler with the Phoenix was a gift from my son - the Phoenix is a close match to my (one and only) tattoo, and the other side has my name. Small company called Sigil and Growler does the bottle etching. The other bottle is from 33 Acres, another brewery a few blocks further on. The tags are part of what the breweries here do. There are many Brewery tours now that the Vancouver area has about 70 craft breweries, 25 in the city alone.
Cool stuff, thanks for sharing - how big is Vancouver? 25 local breweries sounds like a place I'd like to visit!

---------- Post added 02-19-19 at 10:03 PM ----------

Hopshire Farm and Brewery - one of the best places I've been to recently. Just outside (east) of Ithaca, NY:

02-20-2019, 11:15 AM   #82
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing - how big is Vancouver?
City of Vancouver - 630,000; Greater Vancouver - 2,500,000 (many live in the burbs). Yes, if you want ocean, mountains, and beer, this is a good place to visit. Food from almost everywhere in the world. Also, tons of cruise ships leave here for Alaska.

We also love visiting New York. Didn't take any drinking pics - McSorley's is fun, and Grimaldi's isn't licensed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
02-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
City of Vancouver - 630,000; Greater Vancouver - 2,500,000 (many live in the burbs). Yes, if you want ocean, mountains, and beer, this is a good place to visit. Food from almost everywhere in the world. Also, tons of cruise ships leave here for Alaska.We also love visiting New York. Didn't take any drinking pics - McSorley's is fun, and Grimaldi's isn't licensed.

Nice, Vancouver is now on my list - Could technically cover it on a PNW tyrip...

I've been to McSorley's but never to Grimaldi's - NYC pizza it good in many local places, there is just too much to chose from.
02-20-2019, 12:10 PM - 3 Likes   #84
Pentaxian

Toffee vodka, well deserved at the end of a good day's skiing!

02-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #85
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Toffee vodka, well deserved at the end of a good day's skiing!
And just when you think you've heard it all... never had I seen this one... Cool stuff. Is it iced, room temperature, warm>?
02-20-2019, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #86
Pentaxian

And just when you think you've heard it all... never had I seen this one... Cool stuff. Is it iced, room temperature, warm>?
Chilled
03-22-2019, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More from the quaint little town of Fillmore, Calif. The winery is near the old historic rail depot. We weren't sure the place was still in business, but it is! They are only open in afternoons/early evenings.

03-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #88
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
More from the quaint little town of Fillmore, Calif. The winery is near the old historic rail depot. We weren't sure the place was still in business, but it is! They are only open in afternoons/early evenings.
This seems like a very chill-loungy place, great for those long summer afternoons... I bet they can really do some cooking there as well!
03-26-2019, 08:20 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

03-26-2019, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #90
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote

Really cool glass and tap handles, from different places, seems like you got some good choices nearby.