Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I should have some BW shots after this evening's event. I DL'd Silver EFX Pro 2 from my old computer (Windows 7 ) to my new one (Windows 10), but it's not working ;( . I will have to play with the settings and try to get it to run. It is such a great BW conversion program, I don't know of anything comparable, any suggestions?

10-06-2018, 03:00 PM - 3 Likes   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
next week?

why not NOW!?!?!?!
I have to read, scan, skim the operating manual of course.

Besides, tomorrow is next week.
10-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I should have some BW shots after this evening's event. I DL'd Silver EFX Pro 2 from my old computer (Windows 7 ) to my new one (Windows 10), but it's not working ;( . I will have to play with the settings and try to get it to run. It is such a great BW conversion program, I don't know of anything comparable, any suggestions?
I have a copy of this on windows 10, run through an older version of Photoshop it seems to work alright still.

10-06-2018, 03:37 PM - 6 Likes   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Recovery and ......

Thank you all very much for your recent good wishes, both public and private. Recovery is looking better every day now. I reckon this camaraderie, so often evident in the DIC and Single In groups, is one of the Forum's biggest attributes.

It was the Forum that also encouraged me to invest in the K5 some years back. So pleased I did so and certainly not abandonned in favour of the K1. However, I am perhaps guilty of not appreciating the K5 shutter sound more carefully - that will be my task for today .

10-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #50
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I run the old (Google's) version of Silver Efex without any issues on Windows 10 - version 2.1 it calls itself. I have the install package for the entire Nik's Collection if you need it.
10-07-2018, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #51
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Recovery and ......

Thank you all very much for your recent good wishes, both public and private. Recovery is looking better every day now. I reckon this camaraderie, so often evident in the DIC and Single In groups, is one of the Forum's biggest attributes
Wonderful news! And I agree, getting to be part of the "family" here is a great support and motivator in more ways than just the photographical. You can find it elsewhere on the Forum as well, but I think the Challenges stand out as a particularly good gang

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
It was the Forum that also encouraged me to invest in the K5 some years back. So pleased I did so and certainly not abandonned in favour of the K1. However, I am perhaps guilty of not appreciating the K5 shutter sound more carefully - that will be my task for today .
You should always appreciate the soft click of a K-5!
10-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #52
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
And who has remembered that today is a bw theme day?
Hmm? Are you talking to me?

10-07-2018, 11:54 AM - 4 Likes   #53
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

A followup to @hypernotactive;'s shot from the 6th:

10-07-2018, 02:29 PM - 2 Likes   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Oh, and no camera has a more pleasant shutter sound than the K-5 - in my humble opinion, anyway
It does have a most pleasant shutter sound. My *ist DS2 sounds like a sonic boom in comparison.
10-08-2018, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I run the old (Google's) version of Silver Efex without any issues on Windows 10 - version 2.1 it calls itself. I have the install package for the entire Nik's Collection if you need it.
Thank you for the offer. If I can't make my version work I will PM you.
10-08-2018, 11:39 AM - 2 Likes   #56
Pentaxian

Little busy and stressed now because of my premiere here at home town. press, radio interview, changes in performance, ect...so maybe I'll post somethign tomorrow, maybe not. Or post couple day after. Just letting you guys know.
10-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #57
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Little busy and stressed now because of my premiere here at home town. press, radio interview, changes in performance, ect...so maybe I'll post somethign tomorrow, maybe not. Or post couple day after. Just letting you guys know.
Good luck with all of it!
10-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #58
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like I'm blocked from accessing the forums from home. It worked when I posted today's image, then timeout. I can reach it from my phone. If I'm still blocked tomorrow I guess I'll ask a Adam to check if my IP has been filtered or something.
10-09-2018, 12:15 AM   #59
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I've sent Adam a PM. Having to use a VPN connection to reach the forums is a bit inconvenient
10-09-2018, 05:45 AM   #60
Pentaxian

Good luck with all of it!
thank you