Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 101 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2018, 01:25 AM - 2 Likes   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Who is going to contribute to the "Eight" theme tomorrow? No ideas here yet but will try to keep it in mind. And "Shadow" on Sunday.
Done and dusted!

10-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
What about a K-01... Or have you already got one? I liked my K5 but I like my K3 more. Can't say the shutter sound turns me on though...
I do love myK-01, well I have a yellow (bumble bee), blue (smurf) and two black.
Now I can weaken for a white or silver =)
10-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #78
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
What about a K-01... Or have you already got one? I liked my K5 but I like my K3 more. Can't say the shutter sound turns me on though...

no K-01 for me - I need the OVF and spend a lot of time shooting in broad daylight...
10-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
I do love myK-01, well I have a yellow (bumble bee), blue (smurf) and two black.
Now I can weaken for a white or silver =)
Well, mine is black, so that's no use...

10-13-2018, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

Done my eight themed picture, little bit of a cop out but it's done, will add it to the group when I'm back at the PC.
With all this talk of new camera gear, would just like to say that seeing the results from the Ricoh GR has made me kind of want one, the idea of a pocketable 'proper' camera appeals to me greatly.

10-13-2018, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fortunately, one of my shots today had 8 of something in it. I'll try to remember tomorrow's theme while I am at the final day of the butterfly house at the botanical garden. In about six weeks it will be lit up with 1000's of lights for the holidays, I love visiting it.
10-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #82
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Noel's "Shosholoza" (the train moving forward) yesterday sent my thoughts to a song that has ended every weekly rehersal in our little group for years. The version preformed by the Drakensberg Boys' Choir is a bit different, but the song is the same

10-14-2018, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
our little group
TFS, but where's the recording of your little group?
10-14-2018, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a coincidence, last month my wife and I attended a performance of "Shosholoza" by a group from Zimbabwe, what a great performance that was.
10-14-2018, 09:51 PM - 3 Likes   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
For those of you who might not get around to visiting my daily share, where I also shared this info, I'm posting it here too, due to it's strong subliminal connection to this group.

I had a vivid dream last night and was sadly dissappointed when i woke up. In the dream I was on a photo walk by the beach and there were fancy houses and I came across a back yard with a large raised deck. i walked around then looked up at the deck where a giant gorilla was throwing a chimpanzee really high in the air and it was spinning really fast in the air. i was getting such great shots and was so excited to have this as my shot for the day to share with the group.

The next house over was a nice family having a party in the back yard by a pool. they had a giant pet spider about the size of a shaggy dog. in fact it looked more like a shaggy dog than a spider but it was scary the way it moved like a spider. but everyone assured me it was friendly. i started taking pictures of it trying to get low pov's then noticed they had somehow fastened a camera lens to its face so it could see people through it. it was hard to get a shot of it though because it kept making sudden moves toward me...

So yeah, i knew i was definitely going to go with the gorilla/chimpanzee shots for the daily share, at least until i woke up.... Selah.

I wonder if I've been eating too much dark chocolate lately...
10-15-2018, 02:28 AM - 2 Likes   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

..... I wonder if I've been eating too much dark chocolate lately...
Certainly got something in your system. Some red wine might be needed to re-establish equilbrium .....
10-15-2018, 02:57 AM   #87
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

TFS, but where's the recording of your little group?
Hah. I have participated on a couple of recordings, but have been spared from that with our little group

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
What a coincidence, last month my wife and I attended a performance of "Shosholoza" by a group from Zimbabwe, what a great performance that was.
Nice! I think it's on the repertoir of most traditional choirs in Southern Africa - with good reason

I found a recording with the guys we learnt the song from, too, Cenestra Male Choir from Johannesburg. A wonderful bunch, they really know how to throw a party!

10-15-2018, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #88
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

For those of you who might not get around to visiting my daily share, where I also shared this info, I'm posting it here too, due to it's strong subliminal connection to this group.

I had a vivid dream last night and was sadly dissappointed when i woke up. In the dream I was on a photo walk by the beach and there were fancy houses and I came across a back yard with a large raised deck. i walked around then looked up at the deck where a giant gorilla was throwing a chimpanzee really high in the air and it was spinning really fast in the air. i was getting such great shots and was so excited to have this as my shot for the day to share with the group.

The next house over was a nice family having a party in the back yard by a pool. they had a giant pet spider about the size of a shaggy dog. in fact it looked more like a shaggy dog than a spider but it was scary the way it moved like a spider. but everyone assured me it was friendly. i started taking pictures of it trying to get low pov's then noticed they had somehow fastened a camera lens to its face so it could see people through it. it was hard to get a shot of it though because it kept making sudden moves toward me...

So yeah, i knew i was definitely going to go with the gorilla/chimpanzee shots for the daily share, at least until i woke up.... Selah.

I wonder if I've been eating too much dark chocolate lately...
I'd love to see those pictures
10-15-2018, 03:18 AM   #89
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
A wonderful bunch, they really know how to throw a party!
Hah, this is what I mean! Good memories flooding in here. It seems I got something in my eye, too...

Ok, ok, I'll stop now
10-15-2018, 04:16 AM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This was the group that I saw perform Black Umfolosi