Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2018, 01:36 PM - 2 Likes   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Waiting is terrible!! Even if you already have 69 other lenses

11-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #107
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said a K-1 ll and he said, no, you have too many cameras now, you don't need another one. I only have four, what's one more? LOL
11-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #108
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Santa came earlier for me: my K-5 IIs was my Christmas present this year...
11-24-2018, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #109
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I got my Jeep. That's my Christmas and Birthday present from my brother who put the down payment on my Jeep so I could get it. Though I think he's getting me something else for Christmas too, just not a new camera. That I'll have to buy myself, once I get Jeep paid off. Maybe Ricoh will have something else by next year.

11-25-2018, 01:29 PM - 2 Likes   #110
Pentaxian

So good to have couple of hours off when '*light is still on'. Ended up with lot of pictures.. Was nice to be able to explore more the lens I bought for what it is. I have taken quite a bit pictures of my daughter and it has proven that this lens(DFA*70-200) is exellent for portraits too. but I see it as alround tele zoom. Don't want to put you all through my experiments, but it has been eye opener also this month. It is big lens. sometimes a bourden too. I can see that it is not going to solve the need for fast lens(f 1,4). But it can patch up pretty well. 200 mm is not that long on K-1. Biggest negative would be the weight, in daily use. but with good bag and good strap that can be minimised. I actually enjoy having this thing in my hands, because I know that it will deliver. If you come back with 'nothing' from your daily shooting trip. or are in hurry, that makes it not so fun. Just because it has been so big investment, that you want to enjoy it. That would be negative nro.2. For example, with DA55-300WR, if you are in hurry or come back with 'nothing' it is not that big deal.

this is also as I did last month. last week notes. Just to make last sum up little shorter. My thoughts so far. Haven't really put this on K-3 this month. I know that it works well with that. But wanted to explore with K-1 more. My family time takes up so much time of daytime that it makes it little hard to atually come up with good opinion in one month. I know that it is good, exellent. But there are some things that bothers me time to time. Can't put my finger on that yet thou. Must be connected to that fast lens note. I try to continue with stopping down advantages more. I noticed that vingetting is gone after f 4, but there is nothing new. Also colour punch and contrast improves quite a bit.

alright. that would be it for now. have a good week everyone, last of the month!
11-25-2018, 02:18 PM - 4 Likes   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K-1 has arrived! Technically, it is a Christmas present, but I tested it out and the pix look great!
11-25-2018, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Single In thread for December is up:

Single In - December 2018 - PentaxForums.com

11-26-2018, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will be out town until Friday, so I am done for the month. The Takumar 17mm FE is an incredible lens, well worth the US $350 I paid for a used copy that I loved as a UWA on my K-5. Now that I have the K-1 full time, I'll be using it again for SI and show it off tits FE o best effect.
11-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #114
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I will be out town until Friday, so I am done for the month. The Takumar 17mm FE is an incredible lens, well worth the US $350 I paid for a used copy that I loved as a UWA on my K-5. Now that I have the K-1 full time, I'll be using it again for SI and show it off tits FE o best effect.

excellent!
11-26-2018, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I'll be using it again for SI and show it off tits FE o best effect.
I am assuming you are going to crawl up on small birds with a fish eye or are the pics going to be nsfw?
11-26-2018, 11:43 AM - 2 Likes   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I am assuming you are going to crawl up on small birds with a fish eye or are the pics going to be nsfw?
A fisheye can be used as a birding lens! It takes a little effort but any thing worth doing is worth overdoing.

8mm Rokinon on a K5ii
11-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #117
Pentaxian

I’v gon no shot today. my little baby is ill. might be teeths, might be flue, might be both. so can’t concentrate on this now. will be back when things get back on rails.
11-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I’v gon no shot today. my little baby is ill. might be teeths, might be flue, might be both. so can’t concentrate on this now. will be back when things get back on rails.
Family first. Do what you have to do for the little one. We'll still be here.
11-27-2018, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Family first. Do what you have to do for the little one. We'll still be here.
Thank you, yes, family first. Luckilly she did get better today, it was getting worse and worse for 3 days.
11-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I have been missing the internet this week with no access while on a camping bike ride, my wife’s grandmother passed away last Monday so she headed back home and took the camera with her as I couldn’t fit it on the bike. I have missed one day of shooting and will post the rest of the photos on the weekend. Next month who knows what lens it will be