Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 39 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2018, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

My wife and I were out seeing some local sites today, I think I'll have a few good pix. I posted the past few days to Flickr, now I need to post here in the appropriate days' threads.

11-05-2018, 02:30 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Cool looking forward to seeing them. I do most of my photography while on the way to work, but due to road construction my commute has increased by 20 to 30 minutes each morning. So picture taking time has now been pushed to when I can find time to do it time.
11-11-2018, 04:47 AM   #18
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Work pretty much killed off Friday, so no pic from me. Yesterday I was busy with grandkids, but got a couple of phone snaps. Today remains to see. The rain won't let up and that doesn't help my motivation all that much
11-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Work pretty much killed off Friday, so no pic from me. Yesterday I was busy with grandkids, but got a couple of phone snaps. Today remains to see. The rain won't let up and that doesn't help my motivation all that much
Glad somebody has legit excuses! Shooting as much as I can get myself to shoot, which is hardly at all... That's all I can say right now..

11-13-2018, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I returned home late last night, so I hope to catch up on the past several days .
11-15-2018, 06:15 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

I've had a couple of late nights at work. Hope to catch up by tomorrow.
11-16-2018, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This week was busy, I need to sort out shots for the past few days.

Anyone have recommendations on iPhone photography tips? I recently bought an iPhone 6, and since the camera is pretty good, I might as well learn how to put it to best use.

11-17-2018, 04:12 AM - 1 Like   #23
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
This week was busy, I need to sort out shots for the past few days.

Anyone have recommendations on iPhone photography tips? I recently bought an iPhone 6, and since the camera is pretty good, I might as well learn how to put it to best use.
I don't have an iPhone, but I have found it quite enjoyable to take long exposures with my phone. From what I gather the iPhone has an option for this in its Live Photo mode.

Apple long exposure trick is easy to do on iPhone via iOS11

Also, a tiny (and flimsy) tripod like this can be surprisingly useful - and weighs next to nothing.

Mobile Phone Holder Flexible Octopus Tripod Bracket Selfie Stand Monopod | eBay

A digression, but I find it a bit sad that they market a tripod as a "selfie stand"...
11-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the tips, I am sure I can make the iPhone work for me.
11-18-2018, 03:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I am sure I can make the iPhone work for me.
Confident that I won't ever own/use an iphone (despite being forced to support them for the rest of my family) but if there aren't enough manual control options, then I have to assume that like with android, there are third party app options out there. My phone has good enough manual controls in the built in app which is nice for when they are wanted.

Has anybody been getting the 'we can't post your comment' error message over at flickr? It's been happening to me for the last couple/few days and occurring more frequently today, thus testing my patience. I've tried different browsers now and still get it, so don't think it's just me...
11-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote

Has anybody been getting the 'we can't post your comment' error message over at flickr? It's been happening to me for the last couple/few days and occurring more frequently today, thus testing my patience. I've tried different browsers now and still get it, so don't think it's just me...
Yes, it seems like I have to wait a few minutes to resubmit, and then it is OK
11-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

..... Has anybody been getting the 'we can't post your comment' error message over at flickr? ...
Yep, it's a real PITA, even in Kiwi Land.
11-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #28
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

no issues with flickr here...
11-19-2018, 03:02 AM   #29
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

f there aren't enough manual control options, then I have to assume that like with android, there are third party app options out there. My phone has good enough manual controls in the built in app which is nice for when they are wanted.
Does FreeDCam exist for iPhone? It looks ta have quite a lot of manual control. The gui is also rather more clunky than the default camera app on my Android, though. And Huawei has the best camera app I have used so far, with good manual controls. Not that phones will ever make good cameras; not at all suited ergonomically, and I wll probably never grow to like touch screens...

as anybody been getting the 'we can't post your comment' error message over at flickr? It's been happening to me for the last couple/few days and occurring more frequently today, thus testing my patience. I've tried different browsers now and still get it, so don't think it's just me...
Yep, I get that quite a lot. Have to wait for a bit and then resubmit. Annoying.
11-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
FreeDCam.. Huawei..
Doesn't look like it's for iphone from the search I just ran. LG's app is good too. There is an abundance of third party apps I've tried for android over the years and would use more except that they often though not always lose the image stabilization and most importantly lose the ability to use the wide view mode of the LG cameras on the V30. I came across one recently (since I've had the V30) that did keep the IS and wide view, and it's open source, but it was buggy. I forget the name. Then there is the reality for me of how fine tuned LG has everything in the processing to where I can usually not produce a better image from raw than what they do with the jpegs. I've tried plenty and lose almost every time, so I've surrendered to that now and don't bother shooting raw anymore on the phone and am content to tweak the jpegs.