Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2018, 06:23 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Is anyone as excited to see this documentary by Peter Jackson as I am ? Incredible reconstruction of film from WWI
I might be. My dad was in WW1.

12-02-2018, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Is anyone as excited to see this documentary by Peter Jackson[/url] as I am ? Incredible reconstruction of film from WWI
I've seen it and it is brilliant and amazing. I can't recommend it enough, it should be required viewing for everyone.
12-02-2018, 05:00 AM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For some odd reason, EXIF is being stripped on this lens from computer programs to flickr. It's fine in camera, shows okay with attached jpeg images but uploads to flickr don't see the lens at all. Neither software shows in their EXIF either and no, in PSE I do not have exclude EXIF data checked. Nothing has changed in either software I use so I can't figure out why with this lens only, does the EXIF data not show which lens is on the camera when I upload to flickr. If camera is reading EXIF correctly, why is it not being read by software that is a question, I'm still trying to figure out. I thought at first it might be because this lens has a plastic mount but the camera reads the correct data. So, that's not it, and in the compatibility chart, according to PF, the K-30 is listed as compatible with this lens. That was another thing I checked when just trying to figure out what's wrong.

I even cleaned the contacts on the lens and the camera when I first discovered the problem, thinking that was it.
12-02-2018, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

Interesting. There are now 4 'different' 55mm F1.4 lenses in the Challenge.
A Cosinon from Pepperberry Farm
A Mamiya/Sekor From Baby writer
A Sears from Severalsnakes
And A Porst from me.

12-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #35
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
As I lost my IR remote, I ordered 2 more. 2 because the delivery costs more than remote. This small and cheap one has worked fine with my K30, K5 and K1ii. I use IR remote with 3 second delay. In my experience it's the best way to minimize vibrations on tripod.

Photo Plus Infrared Shutter Remote for Pentax K-30 K-01: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
12-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I was checking camera settings this morning and found I had SR set to on. It is now turned off.
12-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #37
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Weird day for today. Woke late, thought the wrong day (Wednesday) waiting for mail to run, sure my new to me 55-300mm would be here, new coat my daughter bought me also, mail run, realized it was Tuesday, not Wednesday about 5pm. Texted daughter, she's at work, told her about confusing days, she said they did the same thing at her work, she works for Capital One. So I don't feel so bad it all. LOL An d to top off the evening, I when I put my slippers on, I got em backwards, left on right foot, right on left foot. Didn't notice til I woke up at midnight. Just not my day yesterday.

Anyway, no photo from me today. Too chilly outside, no new coat to keep me warm, and I'm not going out there without something to keep me warm. Other coat's zipper gave up the zipping.

Last edited by photolady95; 12-05-2018 at 01:52 AM.
12-05-2018, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey all, sorry I haven't submitted the past few days. I'll do some commenting today and get back on track with photos.
12-05-2018, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A moment of silence for my K-01. Shutter failed while I was taking pictures tonight. I've seen signs of it coming for a few weeks now, so I wasn't too surprised.

8,400 actuations seems a bit below par, though....
12-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #40
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
A moment of silence for my K-01. Shutter failed while I was taking pictures tonight.
I didn't think those cameras had that problem. Sorry!
12-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #41
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

A moment of silence for my K-01. Shutter failed while I was taking pictures tonight. I've seen signs of it coming for a few weeks now, so I wasn't too surprised.

my condolences.... 8400 does seem low...

do you have a backup?
12-05-2018, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
my condolences.... 8400 does seem low...

do you have a backup?
I have my K-3, so I'm still ok. My wife said I can use her K-5 if I need to, as well. So no worries.
12-06-2018, 04:29 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear.
12-06-2018, 04:32 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

IT's tough to lose a conveniently sized and high-quality camera.
12-06-2018, 09:31 AM - 2 Likes   #45
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

New to me 55-300mm WR came in yesterday but I didn't know it til this morning. Checking tracking number shows it was delivered even though post offices was closed due to G.W.Bush Memorial thing going on they had limited package delivery. I guess they delivered only what would fit in our mailboxes, and my lens box fit. So, I found out this morning as i speed walked (me, at 68)sure I did, more like speed slooped, and got the box out, opened it and loaded to K-30 Blue Knight ready for today's shot.