Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2018, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
LBA strikes again. I picked up an FA 80-320 lens yesterday at a local photography shop. Cost me $25. It looks to be an excellent condition, and I took a few test shots with it just for fun. I think I'll save this for Single In in the spring, when the birds come back.

12-14-2018, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #62
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
LBA strikes again. I picked up an FA 80-320 lens yesterday at a local photography shop. Cost me $25. It looks to be an excellent condition, and I took a few test shots with it just for fun. I think I'll save this for Single In in the spring, when the birds come back.

Hit me too. I bought a new in the box DA 18-55mm WR metal mount lens in the MarketPlace the other day for $60 plus shipping and it will be here Monday. My recently bought other one is plastic mount and EXIF is missing from photos uploaded to flickr, so, my daughter is getting that one for Christmas, and I'm getting my other one back from her, my original DA L ll lens. Same flavor. She doesn't care about EXIF at this point in her photography life. She's just getting started.
12-14-2018, 07:50 AM - 2 Likes   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
I was picking up my son at university, and dropped into a hole in the wall camera shop where the owner hand numerous K-mount lenses, some original Rciohs, others rebadged third party. Most looked to be in good shape. I will revisit with my camera in hand, and see if any pan out, his prices are really not bad, I think he just wants to turn over inventory.
12-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
And today is my birthday so I have family coming and don't have a clue when, so don't know when I'm going to be able to get to the docks like I wanted to today. Low tide is around 11am, and I need to be down at the docks about that time, and knowing my sisters, that's when they'll show up. LOL
Happy Birthday! Hope its a pleasant one.

12-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy Birthday!
12-14-2018, 04:34 PM - 3 Likes   #66
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It was, or should say is still going on so far. Two sisters came by brought me cards and scratch offs and candy and cookies. Granddaughters, texted, and one called, daughter texted at midnight to wish me a Happy Birthday. Oldest Granddaughter texted me at 1am then this evening we texted quite a bit. Youngest granddaughter got over her mad at me status and called me. I'm on her good side again. I'm happy about that because I've missed her. And I got to talk to my great granddaughter too.

Plus I got out for a while to do some photography, which gave me time to relax a bit.
12-20-2018, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #67
Loyal Site Supporter

Still taking photos, just missing posting for a couple of days, I am doing nursing duty for my wife after a little hip cleanup in hospital, internet should be back to normal soon, happy holidays to all

12-20-2018, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Missed a couple of days; work got beyond crazy and I just didn't have the mental bandwidth. Will post today and catch up on commenting.
12-20-2018, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Me too but mine was due to it rained all day today, heavy downpour with tornado warnings out until late this afternoon. I went to sleep and just now woke up.
12-20-2018, 07:37 PM - 2 Likes   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Miserable weather and a long day at work. No pix so I Spent the evening culling pix off my Flickr feed. 5 years of posting, they can't all be winners, but it is interesting to review and se what didn't work, and consider why. IT's also nice to see that some pix I posted to hold up over time.
12-21-2018, 09:13 PM   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And it rained again today high winds outside, no way I was going out there. Since my brothers moved in, my younger brother took my room I had with the windows I had where I take the screen off and shoot through the glass, I can't even do that now. I got the smallest room in the house with crappy windows and awful blinds my nephew installed that neither raise, nor lower. Pieces of junk they are on both windows. Ok rant over. LOL
12-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
And it rained again today high winds outside, no way I was going out there
I replaced some blinds recently, but I'll have to pony up the $$$ to replace the entire windows eventually, they fog up in winter, and apparently that is a larger problem. In bad weather I like to break out props and turn my study into a mini-studio by turning out the lights and cranking down the f-stop, limiting illumination to artificial lights. This also has the advantage of hiding the utter mess the rest of my study has become, especially because I've lived in the house for 10 years and I have boxes that havn't been opened in nearly that long, they cluttering spaces in this room and the garage, I am sure I would not miss anything that is in them. Now that are kids are practically grown and flown, my wife and I realize that this house is too big for our long terms wants. I could imagine us downsizing in 15 years and moving to a smaller place, but I don't want to collect another 15 years of junk! Time to clean up, for sure!
12-22-2018, 07:57 AM   #73
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

These are the windows my brother paid for to put in my room, double pained, lightly uv coated:

Then I bought new mini aluminum blinds to cover then with. When I took off for Jacksonville and before I came back, my brother decided to move back home and he took my room.
12-24-2018, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #74
Pentaxian

Well, I'm out for the month, but hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
12-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Merry Christmas to all, if I haven't been too naughty, I hope to have a K-1 under the tree !