Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
If the issue is no access to get a before, scroll down to the Flickr app on this page: Web Tools for your online business
That worked a treat, thanks.

12-03-2018, 10:13 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
That worked a treat, thanks.
After a lot of struggle with this topic I found that tool and I have never looked back! I try to promote it whenever I see the problem so people aren't harmed by the lack of feature in the mobile Flickr app.
12-03-2018, 11:07 AM   #18
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

It can work asking the browser to "Request Desktop Site", too. A bit fiddly, but I find it works okay-ish. Easier with a tablet than with a phone, though. Uncle's tip is probably easier, but I somehow always forget...
12-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #19
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Gah, no picture from me today. Too upset after my phone dedicated to remote control service was updated to Android 8 - and the Theta app stopped working

So now I have three devices where the app doesn't work. I guess I'll just have to hack the phone and flash an older kernel. Not too happy with Ricoh right now.

The good thing being that I won't be looking for a Theta V anytime soon

12-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Android 8 is over a year old now and most newer phones should be running it already, surely it's not as simple as just not working with 8. Maybe worth a try clearing the app and all its data and re downloading it?

12-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have had glitches getting started. Some days pics in camera.
12-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #22
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Android 8 is over a year old now and most newer phones should be running it already, surely it's not as simple as just not working with 8. Maybe worth a try clearing the app and all its data and re downloading it?
I don't know, but so far I have had no luck connecting with any of the two phones with Android 8, while it worked just fine while the old Sony still was on 7. I see others having similar problems, some claiming it has to do with the Android version, most not having a clue. I know some people do manage to connect with newer phones, too, though.

The official app starts up, but claims it can't connect to the camera. At the same time I can connect just fine using third-party apps, so it's definitely an issue with the app, not the connection.

I have rebooted, I have reinstalled the app, I have cleared cache and app data. Still nothing.

So now I'm collecting the tools I need to flash a custom bootloader and kernel. Too long since last I did this, so I need to read up a bit! XDA-developers to the rescue

12-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Good luck with it, tried it a bit when I had the old Google Nexus phones. Fairly pain free provided your phone has enough support.
I must admit image sync is a bit flaky at the best of times too, about time the camera makers invested in some decent app development teams really.

12-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #24
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Good luck with it, tried it a bit when I had the old Google Nexus phones. Fairly pain free provided your phone has enough support.
I must admit image sync is a bit flaky at the best of times too, about time the camera makers invested in some decent app development teams really.
Thanks, it was fairly straight forward with the old Samsung phones I used to hack, but not so easy with this Sony. I ended up buying a 3rd party app ($3) instead despite the very mixed reviews. It seems to work ok even if it's a tad buggy (doesn't seem to save presets correctly, something that could have been handy). Oh well, as long as it takes pictures and transfers them to the phone...
12-06-2018, 04:20 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I have to say as much as like Ricoh Pentax hardware, they do have their heads p their collective *ss*s when it comes to apps. The same thing happens with ImageSync for me every time I get a system update. I've been taking pics but late nights and early mornings at work are keeping me from posting and commenting. I'll catch up by the weekend though.
12-06-2018, 10:32 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I hoped that the WiFi capable K-1 and ImageSync would enable me to send the occasional jpg to social media when travelling. My god it's virtually useless. It takes so long to get it setup, find the camera, then card. Once found the download is pretty quick, but when it works, everything else is slow and it works I'd say less than 50% of the time. The other ImageSync clone works a little better, but still poor.
12-06-2018, 11:24 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I hoped that the WiFi capable K-1 and ImageSync would enable me to send the occasional jpg to social media when travelling. My god it's virtually useless. It takes so long to get it setup, find the camera, then card. Once found the download is pretty quick, but when it works, everything else is slow and it works I'd say less than 50% of the time. The other ImageSync clone works a little better, but still poor.
Yeah I've been there and done that too (just with the official app). I've left it installed just in case I feel like banging my head against the wall with it occasionally, which so far has only been whenever the app gets updated.
12-06-2018, 06:54 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ive used Panasonic and Samsung and while they worked really well sometimes they failed to work reliably on at least two out of three phones I deployed it on. (Android and iPhone) Granted I was using older cameras, my guess is it takes a lot of maturity before it is possible to get right.
12-06-2018, 07:01 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm happy to have a phone that lets me control the Theta and the Lume Cubes, albeit not at the same time.
12-07-2018, 10:27 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't really expect to get any shooting done this weekend. Both the GR and the Theta will be in my pocket, though

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I'm happy to have a phone that lets me control the Theta and the Lume Cubes, albeit not at the same time.
Can't you control the Theta over wifi and at the same time control the Cube over bluetooth?