Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

Can't you control the Theta over wifi and at the same time control the Cube over bluetooth?
I will have to try that out.

12-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Both the GR and the Theta will be in my pocket, though
That is quite the admirable kit you have going there..
12-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's a snow day, and I have been using a variety of lenses to capture it. We will see how the photos turn out.
12-10-2018, 12:36 AM   #34
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
That is quite the admirable kit you have going there..
And still I often end up using the phone

12-10-2018, 03:08 PM - 3 Likes   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My rock world shot got explored.

12-10-2018, 05:14 PM - 5 Likes   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Party at Bill's place!

There's a rumour going around that everyone in the group who has been encouraged by Bill (wstruth) to buy a lens this year, is invited to bring that lens along to his place on Saturday January 19, to thank him personally for his interest in our LBAs. Those eligible should contact Bill directly re. airfares and accommodation etc.
12-11-2018, 03:42 AM   #37
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
My rock world shot got explored.
Well deserved - a much more interesting "tiny planet" than most.

I think this is the third planet to hit Explore from the Dailies in December (unless I missed some?). Top tip of the day: Get a Theta, hit Explore

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Party at Bill's place!

There's a rumour going around that everyone in the group who has been encouraged by Bill (wstruth) to buy a lens this year, is invited to bring that lens along to his place on Saturday January 19, to thank him personally for his interest in our LBAs. Those eligible should contact Bill directly re. airfares and accommodation etc.

Well, yes, he does have a thing or two to answer for!

A bit short notice for me, though

12-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #38
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Party at Bill's place!

can't say that I bought any lenses this year because of Bill.... but he certainly did not try to dissuade me, either....
12-11-2018, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Party at Bill's place!

I'd better get to shopping. Bill lives in a beautiful area, we can all do several photowalks together.
12-11-2018, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #40
Pentaxian

Will there be any Laphroaig? I hear the bottles make good lenses after you empty them.
12-12-2018, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #41
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Will there be any Laphroaig? I hear the bottles make good lenses after you empty them.
I'm not picky. I'm willing to try with any Islay malt.
12-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #42
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

No shot from me today. This darkness is getting to me, killing the mood when I can't get out to shoot while the sun is up. I think I have kept it going for longer than I use to this time of year. I guess the Theta lent some extra strength
12-13-2018, 01:23 AM - 2 Likes   #43
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hah, hadn't seen this one before - a slight editing by Ben, the "Life in 360" guy:

12-13-2018, 04:43 AM - 3 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This darkness is getting to me, killing the mood when I can't get out to shoot while the sun is up. I think I have kept it going for longer than I use to this time of year.)
How about trying longer exposure night shots, or even Lightpainting? Hardware stores have great inexpensive handheld lights that work very well for this sort of thing. I have one that produces shots like this. [IMG][/IMG]. or this [IMG][/IMG]
12-13-2018, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #45
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
How about trying longer exposure night shots, or even Lightpainting? Hardware stores have great inexpensive handheld lights that work very well for this sort of thing. I have one that produces shots like this.
Thanks for the suggestion, and, yes, I like playing with long exposures and such, but even if the camera gear is functioning quite happily in low temperatures, I am not...! Oh, and I have discovered that the Theta battery drains rather quickly in cold weather. I need to start carrying a powerbank to get much use of it this time of year.