Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2018, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #46
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Got some shots around lunchtime today

And if any of you Theta shooters need to reorient your image after shooting to get a sane "home position" and straight horizon on your panos, I found a nice recipe using the free software Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher

how to save pics · Everything About RICOH THETA · Forums | RICOH THETA Developers
QuoteQuote:
- Run the program
- Select Interface menu option and select "expert mode" (it will reload with new interface)
- Click "Add Images" button and just select the one JPG file you want to straighten.
- (On Mac: When adding the pano, choose "Equirectangular" with a FOV of 360.)
- Click the "Fast Preview" menu button icon
- Click the "Move Drag" tab
- Drag the image around until it is centered and level with what you want
- Close fast Preview
- Click on 'Stitcher' tab
- Change "Canvas Size" field to 5378 (height should change to 2688)
- Change Format in Panorama Outputs section to "JPEG"
- Test it in Ricoh Program

12-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Busy days, I hope to catch up tonight or tomorrow.
12-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Busy days, I hope to catch up tonight or tomorrow.
Same here just caught up posting, now I'm working on commenting.

---------- Post added 12-16-18 at 07:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Got some shots around lunchtime today

And if any of you Theta shooters need to reorient your image after shooting to get a sane "home position" and straight horizon on your panos, I found a nice recipe using the free software Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher

how to save pics · Everything About RICOH THETA · Forums | RICOH THETA Developers
Thanks!
12-18-2018, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #49
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems I fell off the horse... My sinuses are giving me another round of wintery misery. Looks like it happens every time I spend a weekend with the grandkids, but if that's the price then I'm willing to pay

Anyway, busy days this last week before the holidays, both at work and at home, then lots of family time, so I don't expect to get back in the saddle in December (to keep to my equestrian analogy). The Theta kept me in the game (umm, race?) longer than I expected, though, so I'm not complaining! It has been a fun half-month.

Last edited by savoche; 12-18-2018 at 04:03 AM.
12-18-2018, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

My sinuses are giving me another round of wintery misery.
Try this: Alkalol
12-18-2018, 06:33 AM - 2 Likes   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Not to drive over a cliff... But unlike many people my experience with nasal washes is that I get worse. The saline moves the stuff deeper in my sinuses and I am sicker after. I've not used this one btw. My wife's the opposite, but my ENT doc once told me my nasal passages were some of the narrowest he had ever seen...
12-18-2018, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

All I can say is that when I feel the crud coming on, I start using the magical booger-dissolving elixir mentioned above, and I seem to be able to better head it off. Of course, I do this in the shower, because the stuff that emerges from my nostrils is so foul, so horrid, an so nauseating, that I might also vomit on sight. Which rules out any Pentax photography, water/shower/weather resistance notwithstanding*.

=====
*just to keep it kinda on topic

12-18-2018, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All I can say is that when I feel the crud coming on, I start using the magical booger-dissolving elixir mentioned above, and I seem to be able to better head it off. Of course, I do this in the shower, because the stuff that emerges from my nostrils is so foul, so horrid, an so nauseating, that I might also vomit on sight. Which rules out any Pentax photography, water/shower/weather resistance notwithstanding*.

=====
*just to keep it kinda on topic
Spit take accomplished. Lol.
12-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #54
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the tip, but it seems hard to get hold of around here. Besides...

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Not to drive over a cliff... But unlike many people my experience with nasal washes is that I get worse. The saline moves the stuff deeper in my sinuses and I am sicker after. I've not used this one btw. My wife's the opposite, but my ENT doc once told me my nasal passages were some of the narrowest he had ever seen...
Yeah, that's my experience, too. My sinuses act up for almost nothing, so I suspect there are some too-narrow passages somewhere. There is a nasal spray that gives some relief. I use it to be able to sleep. Too much of it and it stops working.

I also got some tablets in South Africa, Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine), that gave very effective relief, but that stuff is not sold here. I should get some more the next time I'm there (and not check why they're not considered safe here!)
12-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

(Pseudoephedrine), that gave very effective relief, but that stuff is not sold here. I should get some more the next time I'm there (and not check why they're not considered safe here!)
That drug is good at what it does, but it's used in meth production. Here you have to register your ID with pharmacy to purchase and quantity is tracked. It also can raise blood pressure and can cause irritability. The package insert tells you about the side effects. Time release versions make a friend of mine really angry. He avoids that medicine now.
12-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

magical booger-dissolving elixir
It practically sells itself.

Yes, sinus headaches are truly painful and bothersome, weather changes from cold and wet to warm and wet days makes me susceptible.
12-24-2018, 03:56 PM - 4 Likes   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Merry Christmas to the Daily In crowd, I hope to upload some stuff tonight before the eggnog takes its toll on my editing skills.
12-24-2018, 11:10 PM - 5 Likes   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS Daily Challengers!

It's been a top Christmas Day where I am down under, with only a few more hours to go. My thanks for all your feedback and other contributions to the discussion thread during the year, and for sharing so many enjoyable and often inspiring images.
12-25-2018, 05:26 AM - 3 Likes   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The same to you, Rod!
Santa brought me a K-1! [IMG][/IMG]
12-25-2018, 05:37 AM - 4 Likes   #60
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve last night (which is the Big Day here, rather than the 25th). Now it's a couple of days of visiting the part of the family that wasn't with us yesterday.

Wishing you all a peaceful holiday!