Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2018, 12:09 PM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have not been shooting for way too long. Time to get back into the game.

I think I will pick up where I left off a couple of years ago - K1 with the M85 2.0.

12-31-2018, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have decided to go with the Pentax-m 100mm F2.8 In Januari. Hopefully a month with less safety shots than December
12-31-2018, 05:42 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You guys with your K-1, make me envy, as my granddaughter says. Wish I had one. I'll do mine with my Blue Knight K-30 and the WR 18-55mm. I'm ready, one more day to go.
12-31-2018, 10:26 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I walked around the house with two lenses , the FA* 85 1.4 and the F Fish eye 17-28. I took 5 photos with each and then had to decide between a month of challenges or a month of relative ease. I stupidly asked my wife which one I should do and she said the challenging month........ so welcome on board the rather odd
SMC PENTAX-F FISH-EYE 1:3.5-4.5 17-28mm. I can see myself going crazy by the end of the month looking for subjects that suit a fish eye, the theta shots have given me some hope ( thanks Bill) and the fact that it can zoom to 28mm gives me some hope that I can have some shots with minimal fish-eye effect to break up the month. Used on the K3 I may even have a normal view too..... we shall see, roll on January

01-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'll do mine with my Blue Knight K-30 and the WR 18-55mm. I'm ready, one more day to go.
I changed my mind on cameras, the K-50 hasn't been out in a while, so it's the White Knight, and 18-55mm WR that's going for this month.

I'll leave the 55-300mm on the Blue Knight for birds.
01-01-2019, 07:18 AM - 4 Likes   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello old friends...been a while since I checked in. Been missing the Single in challenges. Not quite ready to jump back in yet but I hope to return to the challenges this year. Happy New Year.

BCB
01-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Hello old friends...been a while since I checked in. Been missing the Single in challenges. Not quite ready to jump back in yet but I hope to return to the challenges this year. Happy New Year.

BCB
Good to see you're still kicking around these parts. Happy New Year to you too!

Hope you can join us soon!

01-01-2019, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be using the DA 40mm on the K-1. I was using this lens the other evening, and noticed that it had suffered some minor damage somehow, I assume the adhesive holding the plastic ring in place failed. [IMG][/IMG]
01-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Good to see you're still kicking around these parts. Happy New Year to you too!

Hope you can join us soon!
Yep, still around but was lurking a lot of 2018.
01-03-2019, 04:06 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Will post my picture from 2 January later today.
01-03-2019, 10:33 PM - 5 Likes   #26
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my sunset shot from the 2nd hit explore...

01-10-2019, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a busy month, I might never catch up with all the work-related distractions and deadlines. I've enjoyed looking at the pictures you all have posted.
01-10-2019, 07:24 AM - 4 Likes   #28
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My M series primes collection

I cross post this here from the M club, as there is also SIC information. 2 lenses to go in APSC before I can start them again in FF format. 10 lenses might be a decent goal for this year. That would leave 9 for 2020, so I could be ready with this project before the end of that year. Not ready to name the months yet, thought

My collection as I previously promised. Taken with K1ii in crop mode and, as I don't have any M zooms, with a lens that is not to be mentioned here

M*300 has apparently seen some use over the years. The grip had been replaced by the shop before I bought it.

I think this is it for me. Don't expect to get more and probably try to sell some after I'm done with them on SIC, as it was only reason to get them.

Due to high sale taxes, which we need to pay even if we import used lenses from private sellers, the lenses are more expensive in Finland than elsewhere. In total all these lenses cost me 2016€ including posting. It's pretty much what I expected when I estimated that I would need to pay approximately average prize shown on PF lens reviews, if I use € instead of $. For most wanted lenses I needed to pay 50% extra to get them, but managed to close the gap on more common lenses. Below is the table of my lenses. The ones I don't have are in red. The months I have used them in SIC are in Finnish, as Excel doesn't transfer them into English in same format.

01-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I cross post this here from the M club, as there is also SIC information. 2 lenses to go in APSC before I can start them again in FF format. 10 lenses might be a decent goal for this year. That would leave 9 for 2020, so I could be ready with this project before the end of that year. Not ready to name the months yet, thought
Truly impressive! I salute your discipline and consistency!
01-11-2019, 04:25 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote

My collection as I previously promised. Taken with K1ii in crop mode and, as I don't have any M zooms, with a lens that is not to be mentioned here

M*300 has apparently seen some use over the years. The grip had been replaced by the shop before I bought it.

I think this is it for me. Don't expect to get more and probably try to sell some after I'm done with them on SIC, as it was only reason to get them.

Due to high sale taxes, which we need to pay even if we import used lenses from private sellers, the lenses are more expensive in Finland than elsewhere. In total all these lenses cost me 2016€ including posting. It's pretty much what I expected when I estimated that I would need to pay approximately average prize shown on PF lens reviews, if I use € instead of $. For most wanted lenses I needed to pay 50% extra to get them, but managed to close the gap on more common lenses. Below is the table of my lenses. The ones I don't have are in red. The months I have used them in SIC are in Finnish, as Excel doesn't transfer them into English in same format.
Well done Ismo, a true labour of love, that M Dental macro has me interested, I have the Dental close up lenses that match with it and the ring flash, a great combination. can't wait for next month when you return after a well earned month off
Cheers