Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2019, 06:08 AM - 1 Like   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Minimonster asked if I was going to take up running as a comment on my shoes shot yesterday. No, not going to happen. Here's the story behind those shoes. When I went to stay with my granddaughter, my feet and legs were so swollen, from water weigh gain, I couldn't wear my normal size 6 shoe, I had to buy a size 7.5 to fit my foot into and be able to walk. Now that the water weight is gone, those 7.5 shoes are way too big and I kept stumbling around trying to walk in them, the back of them also had a protruding piece of rubber that I kept stepping on when driving, which made it awkward when applying the brake in the jeep. I felt like I was wearing boats on my feet or maybe baby dolphins.

Now I have shoes that fit my feet I just might stop stumbling around when walking. At least I hope so.

01-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I cross post this here from the M club, as there is also SIC information. 2 lenses to go in APSC before I can start them again in FF format. 10 lenses might be a decent goal for this year. That would leave 9 for 2020, so I could be ready with this project before the end of that year. Not ready to name the months yet, thought

My collection as I previously promised. Taken with K1ii in crop mode and, as I don't have any M zooms, with a lens that is not to be mentioned here

M*300 has apparently seen some use over the years. The grip had been replaced by the shop before I bought it.

I think this is it for me. Don't expect to get more and probably try to sell some after I'm done with them on SIC, as it was only reason to get them.

Due to high sale taxes, which we need to pay even if we import used lenses from private sellers, the lenses are more expensive in Finland than elsewhere. In total all these lenses cost me 2016€ including posting. It's pretty much what I expected when I estimated that I would need to pay approximately average prize shown on PF lens reviews, if I use € instead of $. For most wanted lenses I needed to pay 50% extra to get them, but managed to close the gap on more common lenses. Below is the table of my lenses. The ones I don't have are in red. The months I have used them in SIC are in Finnish, as Excel doesn't transfer them into English in same format.
Quite a collection. I have 7 20/28(3.5)/40/50(1.7)/100/135/200 at some point I'd like to ad a 35mm 2.8 and 85mm 2 to that.
01-11-2019, 07:11 AM   #33
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Quite a collection. I have 7 20/28(3.5)/40/50(1.7)/100/135/200 at some point I'd like to ad a 35mm 2.8 and 85mm 2 to that.
Both versions of 35mm are good, but I think I could let 2.8 go once I'm done with it in SIC. I took some test shots with it when I bought it, but otherwise it's just been on my shelf. I really don't have use for both.
01-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Both versions of 35mm are good, but I think I could let 2.8 go once I'm done with it in SIC. I took some test shots with it when I bought it, but otherwise it's just been on my shelf. I really don't have use for both.
It is said to have the best "pop" of Pentax legacy 35mm lenses.

01-11-2019, 07:44 AM   #35
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It is said to have the best "pop" of Pentax legacy 35mm lenses.
It certainly is a good lens, but I haven't shot enough with it yet to comment more. I think I go with M150 in February SIC, so that would leave M35/2.8 for March. I should know more by the end of it.
01-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've been laid up with a migraine these last couple days. So no photos from me til the danged thing goes away. Hopefully, tomorrow.
01-13-2019, 05:29 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We had some snow overnight, I hope to have some good pictures today!

01-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have photos from yesterday and today but have to upload tomorrow when hands aren't shaking so much as they are tonight.
01-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Is it my imagination, or is Flickr not displaying EXIF data for photos currently? Please tell me I'm not insane, and that I'm not imagining that the EXIF data used to be there.
01-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Is it my imagination, or is Flickr not displaying EXIF data for photos currently? Please tell me I'm not insane, and that I'm not imagining that the EXIF data used to be there.
you're not insane - you used to be able to pull ridiculous streams of EXIF data from flickr.... currently, not so much...
01-17-2019, 12:00 AM   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I had a hiccup on Flickr yesterday where the Panda showed up again. I wonder if that was what caused the extra EXIF to disappear.
01-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #42
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote

and EXIF data is now back...
01-18-2019, 04:14 AM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Folks must have complained. Glad to see they fixed it.
01-18-2019, 04:20 AM - 1 Like   #44
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

either that or they were in the middle of a fix when we noticed and just hadn't put it back yet...

(shrugs)
01-18-2019, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Apparently it was a display glitch, according to Flickr forums. I'm just glad it's back. So helpful when I can see what other people have done in terms of camera settings, etc.