Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Todd suggested long exposure, so I suggest a Freeze time (>1000/second) theme.

12-31-2018, 05:01 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

I’m in. It’s been a while....
12-31-2018, 01:24 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wet surface, colour green, movement, number 8, animals, for a few picks
12-31-2018, 09:05 PM - 3 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy New Year!

It's early afternoon on New Year's Day here and I've just finished a late lunch. Sitting down at the laptop I discover that Graeme has already started the Jan 1 picture thread in England, and while he was doing that, I was watching a live telecast of the London fireworks. Meanwhile Ron, Rob, Bill, Uncle Vanya, Zippy and other Easterners in the US/Canada are just about to let rip, while Todd, our Dear Leader has got to keep his powder dry a bit longer, still well stuck in 2018. Newcastle's (the Oz one) fireworks were cancelled due to a big storm and Sydney was flying on a wing and a prayer as part of the same storm struck there about 9pm. At 11pm last night my time, my son and his family flew out of Sydney, celebrated the New Year's arrival in flight, only to slip back into 2018 a few hours later as they crossed the dateline. They'll celebrate all over again as 2019 reaches Hawai'i. What an intriguing world!

Wherever you are friends, and irrespective of your local time zone, do have a great New Year!

Last edited by OzzRod; 12-31-2018 at 09:10 PM.
12-31-2018, 10:19 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy new year!!!!!
12-31-2018, 10:34 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm going to try. I've been absolutely rubbish these past couple of years, and I need an excuse to get out and shoot stuff.
01-01-2019, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Happy New Year!

It's early afternoon on New Year's Day here and I've just finished a late lunch. Sitting down at the laptop I discover that Graeme has already started the Jan 1 picture thread in England, and while he was doing that, I was watching a live telecast of the London fireworks. Meanwhile Ron, Rob, Bill, Uncle Vanya, Zippy and other Easterners in the US/Canada are just about to let rip, while Todd, our Dear Leader has got to keep his powder dry a bit longer, still well stuck in 2018. Newcastle's (the Oz one) fireworks were cancelled due to a big storm and Sydney was flying on a wing and a prayer as part of the same storm struck there about 9pm. At 11pm last night my time, my son and his family flew out of Sydney, celebrated the New Year's arrival in flight, only to slip back into 2018 a few hours later as they crossed the dateline. They'll celebrate all over again as 2019 reaches Hawai'i. What an intriguing world!

Wherever you are friends, and irrespective of your local time zone, do have a great New Year!
Happy New Year to you also,
Being the boring chap I am, I went to bed around 10pm last night so missed the neighbours trying to blow up their houses or maim themselves setting off fireworks while intoxicated =)
Nah its not that bad =) The days of leaning out the door and shooting guns is gone though =)

Wonder what camera stuff I can buy in 2019,

Maybe sell some of my unused stuff?.............yea right be like chopping off an arm

01-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Happy new year to everyone!

A fairly sedate one for me last night which is why I managed to get a photo done and surprise Rod with the early thread.
Just spent a very enjoyable few hours up in the Peak District today with some black and white film, I am now sat in front of the fire back at home with a coffee. A pretty good way to start the year in my book.
01-01-2019, 11:39 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
I’m in. It’s been a while....
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I'm going to try. I've been absolutely rubbish these past couple of years, and I need an excuse to get out and shoot stuff.
Great stuff! Look forward to it!

HAPPY, BLESSED 2019 YOU ALL!
01-01-2019, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Health and prosperity to all for the next 12 lunar cycles as we perambulate once more around the sun.

A quick question on good form. In SIC it was generally frowned upon to reach very far outside of straight photography (with exception to stitching pianos or merging brackets for HDR). As some of my photographic thoughts are involving compositing of images, is that fair game or outside scope of the groups intent? It’s no trouble either way as the purpose of joining was to be disciplined to shoot.
01-01-2019, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Health and prosperity to all for the next 12 lunar cycles as we perambulate once more around the sun.

A quick question on good form. In SIC it was generally frowned upon to reach very far outside of straight photography (with exception to stitching pianos or merging brackets for HDR). As some of my photographic thoughts are involving compositing of images, is that fair game or outside scope of the groups intent? It’s no trouble either way as the purpose of joining was to be disciplined to shoot.
I consider Daily In to be much looser than SIC, the idea being to shoot whatever you like with whatever you like every day, so go for it!

(I don't mind the constraints of SIC, either, sometimes limits inspire me to try something new)
01-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #27
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I tend to agree with robski's statement - in here, as long as your shooting, you're good... the SIC is much more restrictive as to interpretation of the rules...
01-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pano or stitch could be a good theme, I've been learning a lot of lessons the hard way about composition, but Microsoft ICE makes the stitching easy, with good results.
01-01-2019, 10:37 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
good form
My preference for DIC is anything goes. Please dish up your daily creative here however you please.
01-02-2019, 02:44 AM - 2 Likes   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
My preference for DIC is anything goes. Please dish up your daily creative here however you please.
.... with camera/lens info included, plus any explanatory notes and or tips you might like to share