Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
01-07-2019, 03:27 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had my k-5 for over 5 years now, I'm sure you'll be very happy. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Shot a little on Sunday with the 135mm on the K-1, but most of my time was taken by much needed yardwork. I tell myself the sweat and back strain will pay off in spring when I'll have lovely garden pictures.
Going back to the botanical gardens for the final evening of the light show. Since I'm going alone, I can take my time and try some different ideas.
I'm Probably using the DA 40mm LTD, the 17mm Takumar FE, and maybe the 135 Takumar. I have the Theta as well.
I might not post anything until Tuesday, though.

01-07-2019, 09:05 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
Lumix 14mm
Great move. Inexpensive and addictive little thing.
01-09-2019, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

This is going to be a good month, I can feel the force. I have a K5IIS coming, and a Lumix 14mm. Pepper berry farm would not sell me his K5iis so I had to go shopping.
Now to sell my K70 and all will be well, till my next bout of GAS.
Congrats and LOL - GAS has been strong in me lately too! I just picked up a slightly worn Rokinon 14mm 2.8 for taking milky way shots when I go out to Oregon in March. I'm also thinking of adding the 55-300 PLM to add to my KP kit.
01-09-2019, 04:51 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Busy week, I'm a few days behind in posting, hope to catch up this evening.

01-10-2019, 09:24 AM - 3 Likes   #50
Pentaxian

Today can be summed up with a made up word, fogtastic!
Misty trees galore and even got quite close to some deer. Need to check it all out on the big screen but feeling optimistic.

01-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ive been sick over a week. Two different problem. Sinus cold and now flu! Crap.
01-10-2019, 06:47 PM   #52
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Ive been sick over a week. Two different problem. Sinus cold and now flu! Crap.

sounds like three problems...

01-10-2019, 08:04 PM - 1 Like   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
sounds like three problems...
Boo! Hiss...flush
01-11-2019, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #54
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

This is going to be a good month, I can feel the force. I have a K5IIS coming, and a Lumix 14mm. Pepper berry farm would not sell me his K5iis so I had to go shopping.
Now to sell my K70 and all will be well, till my next bout of GAS.
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
dude!
01-15-2019, 05:46 PM - 2 Likes   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The crunch of employment servitude and parental servitude has limited my ability to spend time appreciating everyone’ Posts this week- through the weekend- pardon my sparse remarks... the foot of snow expected Sat/Sun will also necessitate homeownership servitude... sigh...so much to do and so little time.
01-16-2019, 04:14 PM - 3 Likes   #56
Pentaxian

I have a task to do tomorrow, for better or for worse we shall see.
Not long before getting the GRII for a steal of a price I picked up an old Sony Nex5 as a somewhat pocket-able walk around camera (with the pancake lens this is just about feasible) which is now pretty much redundant, I could sell it but where is the fun in that! So instead, in order to justify keeping it I shall be converting it to full spectrum, seems simple enough, if a little fiddly but nothing that scares me.
01-16-2019, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Real world demands are keeping me from shooting as I'd like.

Also, over the past week I went through 3+ years of photos on Flickr, culling out most shots over 120 days old which were technically poor, or uninspired, or had received few faves, or few comments. This was driven by the idea of somewhat curating my account now that I pay for it, as well as assessing my style, and strengths and weaknesses. IT was also an effort to shake off winter blahs and get some inspiration. Many of my landscape shots are very good, and both contest judges and Flickr users have agreed, so I feel good about that.
Otherwise, I really feel like I need to expand my subject matter, and gain some skills. For example, I needed a headshot of a co-worker at the last minute, so I hastily took one using the K-1 and 77mmm. Well, in the end, though my shot was adequate, it was not as good as a shot he'd had professionally taken a few years ago, so we used it instead.
I know that very little in photography is rocket science, I just need to learn this sort of composition and processing, I wanted to get into Portrait Photos anyway.
I think I might take some time off of Daily and Single In to concentrate on learning some skills and refining them before spring comes.
01-16-2019, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kind of hard on yourself but catharsis can be like that. There is great value in learning. I’m not sure culling the lot is respectful of your past effort- those older photos hold more value than assessment of good or bad...
01-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
I have a task to do tomorrow, for better or for worse we shall see.
Not long before getting the GRII for a steal of a price I picked up an old Sony Nex5 ...... I shall be converting it to full spectrum, seems simple enough, if a little fiddly but nothing that scares me.
Good on you. I hope it works out well - please keep us posted on the outcome; you're braver than me!
01-17-2019, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

I looked into doing it on Pentax dslr's as I have an old K-r that doesn't get used anymore, but that's not something I would fancy tackling myself. This little mirrorless thing is a doddle compare to that.