Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Post Processing Challenge #283 - Dancer

Thanks Glenn for hosting the last round.

Came across old files the other day from 'World Pentax Day 2013' (almost six years ago) and they came back to mind for the ppchallenge. (I didn't host with this shot before, did I!? It's weird but I often have a deja vu type experience when I host and can't remember for sure if I hosted with a particular image before or not... We've been at this for a lot of years now!)

The challenge closes and the winner will be announced on Tuesday, January 22nd. Please manipulate this file however you see fit and post as many entries as you wish.

Download JPEG
Download DNG

Note to the winner: Please copy and post this info into the next challenge.

The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: ppchallenge@tmphillips.com
The password is: postprocessing

Last edited by todd; 01-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.
01-18-2019, 01:24 PM - 4 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Here's my attempt, I thought she deserved a more dynamic background.

Last edited by tuggie76; 03-31-2019 at 07:56 AM.
01-19-2019, 02:28 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finally got rid of the Colormunki Photo software after the Colorimeter broke and have replaced it with the Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro so hopefully I can get back to doing some challenges again.

Here's my take on the Dancer.

Tas
01-21-2019, 07:00 AM - 4 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you todd for hosting this challenge. Your support and contributions over the years is greatly appreciated.

I currently have a family member in an end of life stage and I appreciated the distraction working on this image presented, even for a short moment. I wasn't going to contribute it, but as there have only been a couple entries, I thought I would go ahead enter it, but respectfully request that I not be considered to host the next challenge. Thank you.

01-22-2019, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
All three versions are very nice. tuggie, the amount of work this must have been to achieve your once again very creative vision is rather amazing. Great and fitting choice of background with the rays. Tas, the way you de-emphasized/darkened the background to isolate subject along with lifting the exosure of subject works well. Glenn, wonderful overall work with the crop, colors and skin tone and exposure level. You brought it up where it needed to be for the colors to pop and kept the details while expertly smoothing the noise as you always do. All three of you managed the harsh highlights and CA's well.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuggie76 Quote
dynamic
tuggie you earned this one, so congrats! Thanks for playing, guys..

Last edited by todd; 01-22-2019 at 10:32 AM.
01-22-2019, 10:44 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Thanks Todd, as before, I try to learn a new technique every time, and this gave me lots of scope. Well done Glenn and Tas, very nice edits. I'll post the next one as soon as I can.
01-23-2019, 05:25 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Exceptional work by all three of you. Congratulations tuggie on the win. Hope I have the time to participate in the next challenge.

Tim

01-23-2019, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh man, it's been a while since I've come across this competition. And Tim, aren't you a sign for sore eyes! Blast from the past.
Good to see you guys again.
I've been very busy of late, and may not have a chance to do this much, but I've spent a few minutes just to be a part of this fine competition again...
I might be late and not be for consideration of this com, but I though to add a contribution anyway.

I had three versions of this image I processed to pick from. This one was my pick of the bunch:
PP comp posterise by Ash

Declarify, boost shadows, save highlights, posterise, dodge subject.
01-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #9
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Rats, late again - but at least I got as far as downloding the image this time

Great results from those who entered, though! Well done, tuggie, I'm not at all certain I could replicate that one...
01-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Here's 284, Post Processing Challenge 284, Balls Falls. - PentaxForums.com. I'm afraid I don't know how to abbreviate it.