Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 160 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2019, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm using Catch in Focus with the manual 35mm, and after a few days, I think I will have to bite the bullet and get a kit to calibrate the K-1's focus, the focus seems to be best slightly behind the subject.. Time to learn a new skill.

02-04-2019, 12:43 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
Congrats. Me too :-) with the wagtail - nice surprise first thing in the morning.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:10 ----------

Over on Flickr for my Day 2 image Sandy commented with:
"I'm intrigued by the use of the teleconverter. Surprised that it works with AF micro-adjustment."

If anyone else is interested in this I just sort of tried it out.
My test shot after fitting the AF Adapter didn't seem very sharp so I did a quick experiment with text on my laptop screen.
With a A lens fitted you still get the "Apply All" setting in AF Fine Adjustment (C4 25 on the K-1).
Setting it to +5 (after experimentation) certainly made a difference to my set up.

The main thing I have to remember now is to set it back to "Apply One" when I next fit an AF lens.
Your shot deserved it too!
02-05-2019, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Congrats to Jackassp and W412ren for making it into the explore!

Sorry guys, I'm kind of slow on the up take sometimes.
02-05-2019, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Congrats to Jackassp and W412ren for making it into the explore!

Sorry guys, I'm kind of slow on the up take sometimes.
Slow is good - more thorough

Well I made it back from Camden in the early hours of the morning - more rail replacement buses; still I suppose they have to do maintenance sometimes or I wouldn't ever get up there !
So, quiet day today (no work) but Circles was proving a bit awkward with 135mm as my brain took a while to kick in (See..... slow )

---------- Post added 5th Feb 2019 at 13:21 ----------

Oh, was anyone having issues linking through to Flickr from the PF website - or just me?
I had to search you all out on Flickr in the end to comment.

02-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I haven't gotten anything yet today. May have to shoot something inside.
02-07-2019, 03:01 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope to catch up on posting and commenting by Saturday, this work stuff is really cutting into my photography time.
02-07-2019, 07:31 AM   #52
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, I did it. I bought another K-5 to replace the K-5 I'm sending my other granddaughter who lives in Texas and the one I'm using this month. This one I bought by trading two Tamron Adaptall SP 2, lenses, and a bit of cash. My lenses I traded were, my 90mm f2.8, the 72B and a 28mm f2.5.

02-07-2019, 11:18 AM - 3 Likes   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

A very odd thing happened to my picture of the 3 cows, it had 10,000 views on flickr, now I know what happens when a picture hits explore. I now wish I had spent more time and removed the stick in the background !
02-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #54
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
A very odd thing happened to my picture of the 3 cows, it had 10,000 views on flickr, now I know what happens when a picture hits explore. I now wish I had spent more time and removed the stick in the background !

it does tend to explode on explore, eh?
02-07-2019, 03:28 PM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well deserved - it is a great pic
02-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had a few SIC shots hit Explore, and unfortunately, they were sort that one might post just to meet the once a day intent. Now I put a bit more effort into the shots, and review them before posting, just in case.

Congratulations on the Explore, it's always exciting. I like to look at the pages of the most recent viewers who faved my shot, I've found some very talented people that way.
02-08-2019, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Just a bit of a brag, not my photos but of my daughter's who has come a long better since I gave her my broken K-30 with adapter. Can you bunch take a look and or comment? Please!

A Day of fishing and photo's - PentaxForums.com

She has a Flickr account, I don't know why she didn't post from there. I'll have to ask tonight when she gets off work.
02-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #58
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I still haven't figured out how they chose for explore. I've had one get it in, and that was almost eight years ago, nothing since, and you guys, every few days.like Pepper, every time I blink he has another in explore. LOL
02-08-2019, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can you bunch take a look and or comment? Please!
Duly noted and completed

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2019 at 15:51 ----------

I still haven't figured out how they chose for explore. I've had one get it in, and that was almost eight years ago, nothing since, and you guys, every few days.like Pepper, every time I blink he has another in explore. LOL
I don't think even Flickr understand their Interestingness Algorithm
02-08-2019, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The algorithm is a mystery. Case in point: this photo of mine just got Explored last night: