Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2019, 09:31 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time to jump in with both feet? Let's try this..........

01-30-2019, 01:13 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asgardian Quote
Time to jump in with both feet? Let's try this..........
Careful, you might end up liking it

Seriously, it's a great way of getting out with your camera - and to learn. So - welcome!

Having said that, I might have to consider ending my winter hibernation. It's almost enough daylight to get some shots again now... Well, I still have a couple of days to make a decision
01-30-2019, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Careful, you might end up liking it

Seriously, it's a great way of getting out with your camera - and to learn. So - welcome!

Having said that, I might have to consider ending my winter hibernation. It's almost enough daylight to get some shots again now... Well, I still have a couple of days to make a decision
It is nice to have some daylight. Even if it is just couple minutes, it feels a lot more.
01-30-2019, 04:05 PM - 3 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I've updated the theme list. If any more suggestions come in I'll swap out from the 'suggestion hogs'.

01-30-2019, 05:10 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
.... I've updated the theme list ....
Thanks. A diverse mix of interesting, challenging and motivational.
01-31-2019, 09:00 PM - 3 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For anyone looking for inspiration, this guy Scott MacBride | Flickr and his wife Catherine MacBride | Flickr

This is another flickr feed to follow for wild and wacky ideas Xavier J. Peg | Flickr

I spent the month of January working in about 100 square feet with a tripod and two speedlights (and stands)... and a box of toys and other miscellaneous props. A few wardrobe changes and exercising some fresh photoshop skills ... I mean really we pay for the software as a part of the Adobe CC photographer offering but who really uses it.. ( I rarely did). I'm going to try to put a story together for February.
i'll have a new Job and i will be travelling for several weeks at the end of the month so it might be tough... What do we get ourselves into?!?
02-01-2019, 04:12 AM   #22
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
wild and wacky ideas
Wacky's the word! Thanks for sharing!

What do we get ourselves into?!?
That I ask myself every day...

02-01-2019, 06:14 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Veteran Member

For anyone looking for inspiration, this guy Scott MacBride | Flickr and his wife Catherine MacBride | Flickr

This is another flickr feed to follow for wild and wacky ideas Xavier J. Peg | Flickr

i'll have a new Job and i will be travelling for several weeks at the end of the month so it might be tough... What do we get ourselves into?!?
Good luck on the new job! I think you may have posted about Xavier J. Peg before and I'm glad you did. I follow him in Flickr, now there's always some fun shots in my photo stream. He's part of a 365 Group on Flickr that helps generate his ideas. It's called "We're Here"
02-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #24
Pentaxian

I spent the month of January working in about 100 square feet with a tripod and two speedlights (and stands)... and a box of toys and other miscellaneous props. A few wardrobe changes and exercising some fresh photoshop skills ... I mean really we pay for the software as a part of the Adobe CC photographer offering but who really uses it.. ( I rarely did). I'm going to try to put a story together for February.
Thanks Matt! inspirational stuff!
02-01-2019, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Asking for a friend....
Is it problematic to be here and use only pentax gear (whats the difference if I do so the Single in?) Sorry I've been away from posting pictures online for about 1.5 years

getting totally crazy. anyone participated with phone so far?
02-01-2019, 03:52 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by willdmo Quote
use only pentax gear
Anything and everything is accepted here, use whatever you have.
02-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Asking for a friend....
Is it problematic to be here and use only pentax gear (whats the difference if I do so the Single in?) Sorry I've been away from posting pictures online for about 1.5 years

No not at all your not getting totally crazy.

In Single In you can only use one lens for the entire month. Here in the Daily Challenges you can use any lens and camera combination, even your smart phone.

Single-In is a great way to get to know the lenses you have. Both challenges are a great way to improve your skills and or have fun with some camaraderie to boot.
02-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will be in for Feb
02-01-2019, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Asking for a friend....

Totally OK. Worthwhile reading Post #1 of this thread
02-02-2019, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am glad to see so many people participating.

Today I decided that though I love my K-1, the crop factor of the K-5 is helpful for bird watching, and I'll be spending a few days with the K-1 paired to a 500mm mirror lens and a 2x TC in an effort to capture some good shots of a pair of eagles nesting on the far side of a nearby lake.