Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 168 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Looks like Flickr is broken for me. Alternating between a Google Chrome privacy warning and the "bad panda" error.

03-20-2019, 03:55 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I'm using the DFA*50 f1.4 this month primarily on my K-1II, I forgot to mention that I gave it a ride on my old and now IR converted K20d. While I know that there was some firmware update for the K-1 (and perhaps others, just don't remember) on this lens, I really never gave it a thought as I wanted to try to determine how the lens would react in IR. I've found that some really good lenses like the DA*55 f1.4 for example get massive IR hot spots, while others like the DA 18-55 WR kit lens are just fine. So I wanted to give this a test. So I was quite surprised when my IR shots were way overexposed and and I had to stop way down to get anything approaching normal. Apparently, the K20d doesn't know how to tell the DFA*50 how to behave on exposure, AF no problem. I shouldn't have been surprised as this was known other places. Anyway, wanted to report that here too.
03-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #123
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wouldn't have thought the K20D would work at all with a KAF4 lens....
03-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I wouldn't have thought the K20D would work at all with a KAF4 lens....
Yeah, I guess I'm a bit rusty on my mount knowledge. I thought it was an SDM deal not an exposure deal. Anywho, now I know.

03-21-2019, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #125
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
so.... my Sigma 20mm arrived back from Adorama today and the first thing I noticed after unwrapping it is a big ding in the body of the lens that wasn't there when I shipped it...

before (note the edge just under where the hood bayonet mounts):

and today:

I have already emailed Adorama, but it was late in the day and I do not expect to hear from them until tomorrow morning.....

(really frustrated with them)

to close this mini-saga: Adorama gave me the partial refund amount that I asked for, and quicker than I expected, too.... just have to now wait for the $$$ to arrive back in my PayPal account and we'll be done...
03-21-2019, 07:03 AM - 2 Likes   #126
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Might see sun tomorrow. That would be nice for a change
03-22-2019, 03:04 AM - 2 Likes   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dear fellow-siccers..... Sorry for not commenting the last 5 days or so. Had a serious issue at work, with an employee with a long burn-out and her return. Not really my job to take care of that, but altogether I'm involved anyway. Too much of an energy drain, and I even missed yesterdays selfie (lucky you!). I hope I can reload this weekend, both shooting and commenting.

I see most of your photos, although you might not hear from me. Keep up the good spirit!

03-22-2019, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Dear fellow-siccers..... Sorry for not commenting the last 5 days or so. Had a serious issue at work, with an employee with a long burn-out and her return. Not really my job to take care of that, but altogether I'm involved anyway. Too much of an energy drain, and I even missed yesterdays selfie (lucky you!). I hope I can reload this weekend, both shooting and commenting.

I see most of your photos, although you might not hear from me. Keep up the good spirit!
Hey, life happens, do what you can. Been there too.
03-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
So I was quite surprised when my IR shots were way overexposed
I don't know about the K20d but the DA 55-300 PLM is KAF4 and it works on the K-5iis but aperture only stays wide open
03-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Back home for the weekend. My new project is a lot of fun, but a lot of work, and this week's weather and schedule did not allow for much photography.
03-22-2019, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #131
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote

Well done for stepping up at work, the challenge isn't as important as people around you
03-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
I don't know about the K20d but the DA 55-300 PLM is KAF4 and it works on the K-5iis but aperture only stays wide open
Yes, basically that's what was happening on my K20d as well.
03-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Yes, basically that's what was happening on my K20d as well.
No body older than the K-3 can operate the aperture on KAF4 lenses.
03-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, was meaning to look that up.
03-23-2019, 03:02 PM   #135
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

K-30 can, if you run k-50 firmware in it.