Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 168 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2019, 12:51 PM - 2 Likes   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My choise is Sigma, portrait lens? Good for anythig else? here it is compared to my Multi tool, but also portrait lens.

03-01-2019, 01:12 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
One month with the Takumar 55mm wasn’t much fun for me. Nothing wrong with that lens, but somehow February was not a good month for me. Some health issues, internet problems, but most of all I was not inspired. I am happy I finished. I am sorry for not commenting much. I want to thank everyone who took the time to look and comment.
As I wrote in the February thread I didn't enjoy taking pictures. Some shots were nice, but I did not feel like it were pictures with a story, worth saving for the future. So I did not plan to go on in March. But a talk with Rense yesterday made me think, perhaps I just need to tell stories. So I will try it another month. Different lens: Tokina 28mm f2.8 (forgot I had that lens, but could not find an other 28mm). I hope I will manage.
03-01-2019, 02:06 PM - 3 Likes   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
As I wrote in the February thread I didn't enjoy taking pictures. Some shots were nice, but I did not feel like it were pictures with a story, worth saving for the future. So I did not plan to go on in March. But a talk with Rense yesterday made me think, perhaps I just need to tell stories. So I will try it another month. Different lens: Tokina 28mm f2.8 (forgot I had that lens, but could not find an other 28mm). I hope I will manage.
I think it's brave to join again after your February experience! And I very much like your first entry!!! Happy to have another month together, and I certainly hope you will manage!!!
03-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I Was considering the FA -77mm, but April flowers and better weather might suit that lens better, maybe I'll use my SMC-A 50mm as well, though I'll be catching up as I'll be travelling a lot this month, and I still haven't gotten my travel kit of uploading and posting gear working properly.

03-02-2019, 04:26 AM - 2 Likes   #50

Photos: Albums
Well after some editing of my post on the Day 1 thread with the help from some kind group members, I think I am in. My most recent LBA fix is a slightly used DA20-40 purchased here on the forum. I haven't spent much time with it yet so what better way to learn what it can do that shoot with it for a month. So for me its K5ii and DA20-40LTD. Probably with a lot of flash. Lets see if I can make it a month :-) Sounds easy enough on the 1st, probably no so much on the 31st.

Mike B
03-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 20-40 is a fun versatile lens. You may find you want it always a little wider and longer but really it's a nice lens.
03-03-2019, 02:16 PM - 2 Likes   #52
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Saturday I was ice surfing in the bay where our windsurf club is located. It's been years since the last time I was on the ice, as I prefer downhill in winter and rarely have time and conditions to go out. It was fun, but scary as the board I borrowed had too soft joint for my weight and was bit unstable in turns and these take speed quite easily. Didn't include it in 2nd day post as I didn't have my camera with me and had to use photo to take the pic, but I guess I can post it here.

Like ski riding this is real sport with competitions up here

But meanwhile on the other windsurf spot of my hometown, which is more open to the sea, some already started the season 2019 in middle of floes:

I think I'll hang on to my tradition to finish skiing season before starting windsurf season

03-03-2019, 04:53 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Saturday I was ice surfing in the bay where our windsurf club is located.
Hard core. Coming unstuck at speed would not be comfortable
03-03-2019, 10:59 PM   #54
Pentaxian

Cool!
03-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #55
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hard core. Coming unstuck at speed would not be comfortable
Well, common recommedation is to wear as much armour as possible. Helmet, crash pants, back protector and knee and elbow pads.
03-04-2019, 12:02 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, common recommendation is to wear as much armour as possible. Helmet, crash pants, back protector and knee and elbow pads.
I'm glad to hear it!
03-04-2019, 01:47 PM - 2 Likes   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Explore is a weird weird thing, isn’t it? My Niwashi (of all things) hit it. Just goes to show that it must be an algorithmic activity-based thing: rejoin Single Challenge, sudden spike in views - even though small - and same over a few days, and whomp there it is.

Silly Flickr. xP

(And as the new pattern of viewing gets established, it won’t any more - at least that’s my prediction)

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2019 at 07:48 AM ----------

Saturday I was ice surfing in the bay where our windsurf club is located. It's been years since the last time I was on the ice, as I prefer downhill in winter and rarely have time and conditions to go out. It was fun, but scary as the board I borrowed had too soft joint for my weight and was bit unstable in turns and these take speed quite easily. Didn't include it in 2nd day post as I didn't have my camera with me and had to use photo to take the pic, but I guess I can post it here.

Like ski riding this is real sport with competitions up here

But meanwhile on the other windsurf spot of my hometown, which is more open to the sea, some already started the season 2019 in middle of floes:

I think I'll hang on to my tradition to finish skiing season before starting windsurf season

Woah - looks fun, but also adrenaline-spiking
03-04-2019, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Explore is a weird weird thing, isn’t it? My Niwashi (of all things) hit it. Just goes to show that it must be an algorithmic activity-based thing: rejoin Single Challenge, sudden spike in views - even though small - and same over a few days, and whomp there it is.

Silly Flickr. xP

(And as the new pattern of viewing gets established, it won’t any more - at least that’s my prediction)

---------- Post added 5th Mar 2019 at 07:48 AM ----------

Woah - looks fun, but also adrenaline-spiking
Yes, the SIC posting seem to launch more than a few explores. Just enjoy it! Congrats, it was a wonderful image...

---------- Post added 03-04-19 at 05:11 PM ----------

By the way, I'm traveling to Death Valley National Park tomorrow for a week of photo fun (I hope as the weather is not super promising). I may be a bit off and on commenting and posting over the next week.
03-05-2019, 09:05 AM - 2 Likes   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My SiC shot yesterday gave a slightly false impression. I was just trying to create story of my preparation for the upcoming photo trip to Death Valley National Park. So, I thought I'd better clarify that impression.

Minius, my 3 tripods, as packed (and some chargers, batteries, connectors, laptop, etc.) this shot demonstrates that I'm now ready with the full frame gear (big bag K-1II), APS-c gear (smaller bag K-3 and IR converted K20d), light painting tools toys, DA 560, sensor cleaning stuff, ring light, and hmmm...ummm...yeah, that ought to do it. (I don't fly with all of this but when you can drive there, I bring a lotta stuff.)

03-05-2019, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #60
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
(I don't fly with all of this but when you can drive there, I bring a lotta stuff.)
Bloody hell! I need to lift my game