Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 168 Likes Search this Thread
03-07-2019, 01:47 AM   #76
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did the package include everything including insulation?

03-07-2019, 03:55 AM   #77
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Did the package include everything including insulation?

no idea - I do know that all lumber, nails, windows, roofing materials, etc were normally included...

one caveat - the house that you are seeing has been remodeled over the last 30 years - originally, the farmhouse was about 1500 sq feet; it is now 2700, so the original floor plan is still there, but extended...
03-07-2019, 03:56 AM - 4 Likes   #78
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

and my sunset shot from Tuesday hit 'explore' on flickr:

03-07-2019, 04:03 AM   #79
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Congrats!

And thanks for the update on the S&R house.

Our mom and dad (mostly dad) had an idea how this house was to be built. The floor plan came from a house they once rented when our old house burned to the ground, (it was made of wood) and dad, decided he would never have another made of wood because of that one. As for it needing insulation, I think the contractor talked mom and dad out of that option saying Florida doesn't get cold enough to need it. Boy! was he wrong!

03-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
My SiC shot yesterday gave a slightly false impression. I was just trying to create story of my preparation for the upcoming photo trip to Death Valley National Park. So, I thought I'd better clarify that impression.

Minius, my 3 tripods, as packed (and some chargers, batteries, connectors, laptop, etc.) this shot demonstrates that I'm now ready with the full frame gear (big bag K-1II), APS-c gear (smaller bag K-3 and IR converted K20d), light painting tools toys, DA 560, sensor cleaning stuff, ring light, and hmmm...ummm...yeah, that ought to do it. (I don't fly with all of this but when you can drive there, I bring a lotta stuff.)

Woah, dude! That’s a lotta gear!
03-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #81
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have today's and yesterday's shots but won't be posting them til tomorrow when hands aren't shaking as much as they are tonight.
03-08-2019, 11:38 AM - 2 Likes   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have today's and yesterday's shots but won't be posting them til tomorrow when hands aren't shaking as much as they are tonight.
Looking forward to them

So, a week in and theme day tomorrow. Even though I'm not overly happy with a couple of the images so far, I'm really liking the A85.
Balances well on the K-1 but it's so much easier to focus than the A135 last month. I think this is a combination of a slightly shorter throw (180 deg as compared with roughly 200 deg), plus the larger diameter of the barrel.
So far, so good.

03-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #83
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
Looking forward to them

So, a week in and theme day tomorrow. Even though I'm not overly happy with a couple of the images so far, I'm really liking the A85.
Balances well on the K-1 but it's so much easier to focus than the A135 last month. I think this is a combination of a slightly shorter throw (180 deg as compared with roughly 200 deg), plus the larger diameter of the barrel.
So far, so good.
I got yesterdays up but the day before was a Mourning Dove and hidden in the tall weeds/wildflowers so didn't show as well. So, I didn't post that one.

As for theme day, I don't think my squirrels are big enough to make a shadow.
03-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #84
Pentaxian

I got yesterdays up but the day before was a Mourning Dove and hidden in the tall weeds/wildflowers so didn't show as well. So, I didn't post that one.

As for theme day, I don't think my squirrels are big enough to make a shadow.
Last year I caught one of ours practicing to challenge The Groundhog.
Got Squirrel Shots? (In memorial of Rupert) - Page 139 - PentaxForums.com
03-08-2019, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife and I spent a week away, exploring Savannah Georgia and Tampa, Florida. The weather was pleasant, though one day was very cold, too cold too spent on the beach, so we did some great seeing. One the way back north, it started snowing, and hasn't stopped yet. It's at the very pretty "everything is a winter wonderland" stage, and not sticking to the roads, so I have no complaints.

Lots of photos to download and process, I hope to catch up over the weekend. I also hope to catch up on commenting.
03-09-2019, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My K-1 was purchased used from another PF member. Today I noticed that I never changed the copyright info on the camera, so the last three months have his info. He has a great portfolio though.
03-09-2019, 10:29 PM - 1 Like   #87
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, I got my K-30 back yesterday, so the M50 is back where it should be. Soooo much easier to focus through an optical viewfinder - even with my cruddy eye. And focus peaking on the LCD screen (as used for today’s shots).

A welcome reminder that as much as the little Lumix is nice, it’s just not in the same league.

That said, I’ve never got a single dust bunny with the Lumix. It blows air across the sensor at startup, and from my experience of the two cameras, it seems to me that works better than a little sensor wiggle.

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
My K-1 was purchased used from another PF member. Today I noticed that I never changed the copyright info on the camera, so the last three months have his info. He has a great portfolio though.
LOLOLOL
03-10-2019, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #88
Pentaxian

I’m on my way back on a ferry now, yesterday was long ass day. almost literally. will try to put some pictures later if net on the ship will work long enough..
03-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Spent the day gardening, and I'm out of town on business until Friday. I will try to catch up on commenting, that I can do from my phone.
03-11-2019, 03:51 AM   #90

Photos: Albums
I'm working in Bulgaria this week and the Pentacon 300mm will put me over the hand luggage weight limit, so no more pics from me until next weekend.