Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 117 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2019, 04:22 PM - 3 Likes   #76
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like yesterday's DI shot hit Explore, always a nice surprise. I often look at the photostream and albums of those who fave an Explore shot of mine, I've found some great artists this way. THis time around, I'm surprised how many people who faved the shot also started following me as well. I'll have to be more consistent in what I upload.

03-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Looks like yesterday's DI shot hit Explore, always a nice surprise.
Congrats!!
03-25-2019, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Looks like yesterday's DI shot hit Explore, always a nice surprise. I often look at the photostream and albums of those who fave an Explore shot of mine, I've found some great artists this way. THis time around, I'm surprised how many people who faved the shot also started following me as well. I'll have to be more consistent in what I upload.
THis time around, I'm surprised how many people who faved the shot also started following me as well. I'll have to be more consistent in what I upload.
Congrats! Careful though, a lot of 'followers' are just doing that in effort to get you to follow them back, then they turn around and dump you.. They're just trying to get followers to make themselves feel special. I used to use a greasemonkey script years ago to see who doesn't follow me back/dumped me, and had the pleasure of dumping all those types in return..

And next month's DIC is ready for sign ups: April DIC

Last edited by todd; 03-25-2019 at 01:48 PM.
03-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #79
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm surprised how many people who faved the shot also started following me as well. I'll have to be more consistent in what I upload.
I know what you mean. I'd love to be more consistent, but have pretty much given up on trying. What I lack in talent would have to be compensated with investing even more time and effort, and quite a lot more at that. Umm.... and I guess I wouldn't like it if I did try harder and failed. I'm a bad loser

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Congrats! Careful though, a lot of 'followers' are just doing that in effort to get you to follow them back, then they turn around and dump you.. They're just trying to get followers to make themselves feel special. I used to use a greasemonkey script years ago to see who doesn't follow me back/dumped me, and had the pleasure of dumping all those types in return..
Well, yes, I suppose there are those who are just looking for followers of their own. But most of those who started following me as a result of explores have remained, I think. And I never automatically reciprocate. I follow only the "worthy" ones

03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
And I never automatically reciprocate. I follow only the "worthy" ones
Maybe things have changed.. I haven't been active on flickr in many years. Back in those days I would get followed a bunch from explores, and if, as it often was, by people that I liked what they were posting, I would follow them back, and it became a large list over many years. Then one day it occurred to me how I would visit/comment/fave so many who never reciprocated and I discovered this phenomenon. I'm sure you've seen it, the users (especially flickr celebs) who have many thousands of followers but only follow a small number of people themselves.. Well that's how they get there. It was a common practice back then for sure, but maybe it's not as common anymore.
03-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Possibly with Flickr's decline to a relatively small player compared to the likes of instagram this behaviour has gone away somewhat, more people genuinely interested in the photography and less playing the social media 'game'.

I usually get some new followers when I hit explore, and always check out the profile before following back, found some fantastic people this way and more than a few regularly fave my images even years after the initial contact.
03-25-2019, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
found some fantastic people this way
Yes me too, so thanks for reminding me of that.. I haven't posted on flickr in a while. WHy give the negative so much attention

03-27-2019, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've re-injured my achilles and met with the surgeon today. I'm back in a "boot" and am scheduled for pool and physical therapy 5 days a week. I'm going to try to finish out this month but will be sitting out April. Hopefully to return in May!
03-27-2019, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
I've re-injured my achilles and met with the surgeon today. I'm back in a "boot" and am scheduled for pool and physical therapy 5 days a week. I'm going to try to finish out this month but will be sitting out April. Hopefully to return in May!
That's a real bummer Pam when you were enjoying your regained mobility so much. Hope you overcome this setback with a sustained recovery.
03-28-2019, 12:22 PM - 2 Likes   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've fallen off the wagon. Just life getting in the way. I will try to climb back on.
03-28-2019, 12:33 PM - 3 Likes   #86
Pentaxian

Rather than clog up the daily thread with more of the same prints I had a go at toning the tree cyanotype from the other day and thought I'd share my results. Definitely prefer the coffee toning results, I believe green tea is meant to be a good one for getting close to proper blacks so I will try that next.

Coffee

Tea
03-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I've fallen off the wagon. Just life getting in the way. I will try to climb back on.
post when you. it happens.
03-29-2019, 02:05 PM - 3 Likes   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m done for the month. It was good to be out and about daily and I really enjoyed seeing your photos. Thanks for your comments and I hope to be back in May. Happy shooting!
03-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Well, yes, I suppose there are those who are just looking for followers of their own. But most of those who started following me as a result of explores have remained, I think. And I never automatically reciprocate. I follow only the "worthy" ones
I agree, I will go to a page and depending on how much of their work impressese me, then I will fave or follow. I also like to see who has created thematic albums, that gives me an idea of their interests and their personailty,
03-29-2019, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
I’m done for the month. It was good to be out and about daily and I really enjoyed seeing your photos. Thanks for your comments and I hope to be back in May. Happy shooting!
Get better soon. jump in when you can. you'll be missed. Enjoyed your posts a lot.