Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 672 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2019, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Mother in law tongue, in the master bedroom window, pinhole lens, K-1.

Mother in law tongue,haven’t seen one of those for years!Those and spider plants were everywhere in the 70s!

04-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #92
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Mother in law tongue,haven’t seen one of those for years!Those and spider plants were everywhere in the 70s!
That plant is about 30 years old. I got a start from a secretary in the office when I worked at the electric utility.

I also have a couple of spider plants from the mid 70's. A solid green one, and a white/green one. They need to be repotted again.
04-24-2019, 01:04 PM - 3 Likes   #93
Pentaxian

A small horizontal rotation on the tripod got me this slightly weird bluebell woods scene. Used an ND filter so plenty of time to do the movement and bumped contrast and saturation up in post.

04-24-2019, 01:28 PM - 2 Likes   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My favorite and only shot like this.
1 second, a light up top

04-28-2019, 12:45 PM - 8 Likes   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More from the fibre optic flash mod
04-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Here is a flash then zoom with a slow shutter.

Amazing image! The use of the flash with the zoom-burst thing seems to have had a brilliant effect to really emphasise that one figure within the burst. Awesome.
04-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #97
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi all;

I'd just like to let everyone here know I've started a thread especially for post-processed and modified images called "Stupid Computer Tricks." In some ways it's the antithesis of this one in that the emphasis is on out-of-camera instead of in-camera effects. Feel free to check it out and, if you like, share some of your work. Here's the link:

Stupid Computer Tricks - PentaxForums.com

Enjoy, share and have fun!

04-30-2019, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #98
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is one I did on film. Set the camera on a tripod, set to B, lock the shutter open with a locking cable release, then fire a flash using the test button, pointed at myself while posing in 5 different places in the scene.

04-30-2019, 05:07 AM - 4 Likes   #99
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

A similar technique as the previous film shot, only done with digital, and I'm only in the shot once.

04-30-2019, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Amazing image! The use of the flash with the zoom-burst thing seems to have had a brilliant effect to really emphasise that one figure within the burst. Awesome.
Thanks. This is a monument about the deep water horizon explosion. BP explosion memorial decorated: Humanizing or disrespectful? - nola.com

I was trying to capture a picture of it that was more than just a documentation. The solid memory and the ephemeral quality of life. The fact it kinda looks like an explosion gives me mixed feelings. I do like how it produces leading lines.
When it was first set out I took a more heroic style before I knew what it was as the plaque wasn't installed yet. It definitely has more dignity but I am not sure heroic has much to do with it, it was just tragedy.
06-01-2019, 12:39 AM - 3 Likes   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deliberate multiple exposures thie morning..... ..... Then of course I forgot to switch back from off the ME setting and had a happy accident...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
06-05-2019, 10:12 AM - 3 Likes   #102
Pentaxian

One from today, backlight provided by a torch and some intentional camera movement got me this macro image of one of the cats toys.

06-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #103
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Thanks. This is a monument about the deep water horizon explosion. BP explosion memorial decorated: Humanizing or disrespectful? - nola.com

I was trying to capture a picture of it that was more than just a documentation. The solid memory and the ephemeral quality of life. The fact it kinda looks like an explosion gives me mixed feelings. I do like how it produces leading lines.
When it was first set out I took a more heroic style before I knew what it was as the plaque wasn't installed yet. It definitely has more dignity but I am not sure heroic has much to do with it, it was just tragedy.
It looks like that statue is made from Milk Duds.
06-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
One from today, backlight provided by a torch and some intentional camera movement got me this macro image of one of the cats toys.

Can't say I can discern anything resembling part of a cat's toy, but you have produced something very like a Turner sky. Well done. I would now be wanting to repeat the shot but somehow get a boat or something in the fore ground.
06-05-2019, 09:55 PM   #105
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Can't say I can discern anything resembling part of a cat's toy, but you have produced something very like a Turner sky. Well done. I would now be wanting to repeat the shot but somehow get a boat or something in the fore ground.
Indeed, it is very Turneresque!