Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 672 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2021, 03:45 AM   #301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Is this a feature of Pentax cameras? Where do I find it in the menus if it is?
Well, it is on the K-1 and I think it is on several others.
On the back of the camera, there is the 4 way controller (D-Pad), select the little timer icon (this is the drive mode control).
A menu pops up, and you should see at the far right a box with "INT " possibly with a timer icon next to it. Select that box.
This puts you in the interval composite mode, and you can select the total number of shots, and the interval of second between each shot. The first time you press the shutter, the sequence starts. All I can recommend is practice, but it's a cool feature that is worth using,
There are several other interval composite modes, and this thread gives more details.

On my K-5, I could select "interval", and select the number of shots, and the camera would composite them in camera.

10-31-2021, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Well, it is on the K-1 and I think it is on several others.
On the back of the camera, there is the 4 way controller (D-Pad), select the little timer icon (this is the drive mode control).
A menu pops up, and you should see at the far right a box with "INT " possibly with a timer icon next to it. Select that box.
This puts you in the interval composite mode, and you can select the total number of shots, and the interval of second between each shot. The first time you press the shutter, the sequence starts. All I can recommend is practice, but it's a cool feature that is worth using,
There are several other interval composite modes, and this thread gives more details.

On my K-5, I could select "interval", and select the number of shots, and the camera would composite them in camera.
Thank you for the tip and link. I will be giving it a go.
10-31-2021, 09:35 AM   #303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Cool. Is this a feature of Pentax cameras? Where do I find it in the menus if it is? I think I need to give it a go.
Certain cameras have it. The k-3 and KP do. I can’t recall it being on the k-50.
12-08-2021, 05:31 PM - 2 Likes   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
2.5 second exposure, flash, and camera twist

12-18-2021, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #305
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Long Exposure using 12 second self timer to get in place.
01-08-2022, 02:14 PM - 3 Likes   #306
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The project 52 theme this week is toy camera photos, whether done in post processing or taken with some form of toy camera. I've got an Auto 110 that I've never used because of the film availability. I figured there's no way I'll be able to get a roll of 110, expose it, and get it developed in less than a week, so that's out. The 50mm lens for it actually fits reasonable well inside the lens mount if my K1 though, so figured I could play with that a bit. Here's a shot I took at my kitchen table of the Auto 110, taken with its own 50mm lens held inside my K1, and using live view as the mirror would definitely hit the lens. Jpeg straight from camera, cropped to 4:3 ratio.

There's no way to get it to focus to infinity, but can make for some interesting macro shots. I think I'm going to play with it a bit more.
Kristian
01-10-2022, 04:59 AM - 6 Likes   #307
Pentaxian

I have played around with that technique of simply holding a lens to the camera using an old projector lens. I used a extension tube mounted on the camera rather than risk hitting anything sensitive inside the mount. Its good fun to experiment with tilting and shifting and of course letting light leaks in.
Few examples

01-16-2022, 03:30 PM - 2 Likes   #308
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An accidental double exposure this morning. Temps were around 10°F, and I was pressing buttons on the K-1 in a frenzy to get a shot and get back inside.

02-24-2022, 04:14 PM - 5 Likes   #309
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Zooming while shooting interval composite, camera on tripod
03-06-2022, 02:50 PM - 3 Likes   #310
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Clicked when I was moving my camera in the car, and caught the top of my window frame with the wispy clouds underneath.

Looked like some sort of photo from a low orbit, and decided I liked it.

I guess more of an accident, not so much of a trick.

03-26-2022, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #311
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Clicked when I was moving my camera in the car, and caught the top of my window frame with the wispy clouds underneath.

Yes, it certainly does look like a shot from space. If you were in your car, that would be a particularly low orbit. Not even treetop height!
05-11-2022, 03:06 AM - 2 Likes   #312
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Motion blur
05-21-2022, 07:06 AM - 2 Likes   #313
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1/20th of a second may not seem that slow, but on a windy day with a 135mm lens.....

10-15-2022, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #314
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When we stay somewhere I usually end up shooting the bedside table light, out of boredom mainly.
On this occasion, some images were partly exposed, some black and then there was this one. I assumed it was the frequency of the mains supply coupled with the switching frequency of the LED light, but it was weird.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
10-15-2022, 10:18 AM   #315
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote

Wow!! That’s so cool!!! It really does look like it was taken from orbit!! Nice photo!!