Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2019, 07:37 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi folks - just checking in to plead guilty for no commenting... too much travel, its all I can do with keeping up posts. Many apologies. Two more weeks of business travel.... feeling... weary.

Happy Easter all.

04-20-2019, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Hi folks - just checking in to plead guilty for no commenting... too much travel, its all I can do with keeping up posts. Many apologies. Two more weeks of business travel.... feeling... weary.

Happy Easter all.
Well hope you and everyone else enjoyed Easter. I was on vacation for a week and it rained hard every day....but still better than work
04-21-2019, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry friends, zilch from me today. Drove 12 km to a favoured spot, "captured" some fine shots, decided to review them before going further and learned that my Sony only alerts you to "No memory card" on playback . I deliberately hadn't taken my bag but had put a spare battery in my pocket but ....

Went out again after dinner for a night selfie, but what I had in mind turned out useless. I shall console myself with some chocolate .

Post script. Apologies to Sony - I spent a little time with the camera and its manual this morning and discovered a small "No Card" message in the viewfinder on startup, duh! Never noticed this before, just as I often miss the start-up prompts to check manual focal length on my Pentax bodies .

Last edited by OzzRod; 04-21-2019 at 05:03 PM.
04-21-2019, 02:55 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Oops, its normally batteries that get me but I feel your pain. At least you had a nice little trip out.

04-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #50
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Sony only alerts you to "No memory card" on playback
Seriously? I'm struggling somewhat to imagine the path of reasoning they followed to end up with that!
04-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #51
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

why was the card out of the body to begin with?

yes, I know the answer - and this always sparks the same discussion: should I take the card out of the body to off-load images or use the USB cable?
04-21-2019, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
why was the card out of the body to begin with?

yes, I know the answer - and this always sparks the same discussion: should I take the card out of the body to off-load images or use the USB cable?
Call it ease of use or laziness .... my Mac has an SD card slot on one side - it takes about 5 seconds at most to transfer. I'd have to search for my USB cable

04-21-2019, 09:14 PM - 4 Likes   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
"No Card"
imagining a phone cam selfie with an sd card taped to your forehead
04-22-2019, 04:32 AM - 1 Like   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Drove 12 km to a favoured spot, "captured" some fine shots, decided to review them before going further and learned that my Sony only alerts you to "No memory card" on playback
BTDT,, tough break

should I take the card out of the body to off-load images or use the USB cable?
Comrade,. come to my wonderful country where a man can own more than one SD card

Generally, I swap out an empty card when I remove full card for download. I learned that the hard way.
04-22-2019, 04:55 AM - 3 Likes   #55
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
BTDT,, tough break

Comrade,. come to my wonderful country where a man can own more than one SD card

Generally, I swap out an empty card when I remove full card for download. I learned that the hard way.
comrade, in my capitalist nirvana, we keep two cards in the motherless-dog of a K-3, but use a USB cable to offload the day's load of capitalist dreck that passes for photographs here...

such is my shame...

😁
04-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

comrade, in my capitalist nirvana, we keep two cards in the motherless-dog of a K-3, but use a USB cable to offload the day's load of capitalist dreck that passes for photographs here...

such is my shame...

😁
This is no laughing matter comrade, maybe a few years in the Gulag will tame your wit?
04-22-2019, 04:17 PM - 2 Likes   #57
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
This is no laughing matter comrade, maybe a few years in the Gulag will tame your wit?

if 28 years in Missouri won't calm it down, why do you think the Gulag would help?
04-23-2019, 01:48 AM - 1 Like   #58
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yesterday I spent horizontally on front row witnessing the mighty battle of Painkillers vs Migraines. The Painkillers got off to a bad start, but after a prolonged and heroic struggle with plenty of injury time they did prevail in the end. I think the turning point came when the Killers finally fielded QB Codeine. Mr C paved the way for Broth passing nutriments to Stomach, and that won the day. At least I think so. I slept through whatever happened after that

Executive summary: No image from me yesterday
04-24-2019, 05:01 PM   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hey! Thanks for all the comments and patience with my postings. I will get to comments in near future.... Blessings, Cindy
04-25-2019, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
You do not look into viewfinder, viewfinder look into you!

Wishing the Pentaxians of the Southern Hemisphere a Happy ANZAC Day.

If I ever figure out a good way to de-noise my pix, I'll post more from the ceremony I attended in 2018.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by robgski; 04-25-2019 at 05:32 AM.