Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 163 Likes Search this Thread
04-10-2019, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #136
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Sorry, all ... wife had back surgery a week ago Friday, work has been ridiculous, and the recovery outreach at church has been demanding personally. Headed to Dallas for a work conference Tuesday. Hoping to get back engaged with Single In at that time.

04-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Sorry, all ... wife had back surgery a week ago Friday, work has been ridiculous, and the recovery outreach at church has been demanding personally. Headed to Dallas for a work conference Tuesday. Hoping to get back engaged with Single In at that time.
Do what you gotta do. We understand.

---------- Post added 04-10-19 at 08:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Ah I see the ambassador has done his job well. you weren't one of the jumping figures he posted in the sand cave photo by any chance?

---------- Post added 04-10-19 at 11:13 PM ----------

That 200mm looks mighty nice Ismo, I have one but must confess I haven't used it on a digital body yet, the reviews seem pretty good and I will be interested to see how you make it perform, my copy looks much rougher than your little gem
Yep, the one on the left.
04-11-2019, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #138
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another busy week, but I was able to stop in Harper's Ferry West Virginia on the way home, and got a few good shots. I will have to revisit that town, the river valley it sits in is incredible.
04-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #139
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Just so you know, I'm visiting my doctor on Monday. I'm going to ask him why these pills I take for the tremors aren't working to keep my left hand from shaking so much. He did say he wanted to talk to me about the medications i take and why I'm taking them. Maybe he can suggest something else better for the Essential Tremors. Sandy once said he never heard of this medicine I take being given for Essential Tremors.

04-12-2019, 05:07 AM   #140
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Just so you know, I'm visiting my doctor on Monday. I'm going to ask him why these pills I take for the tremors aren't working to keep my left hand from shaking so much. He did say he wanted to talk to me about the medications i take and why I'm taking them. Maybe he can suggest something else better for the Essential Tremors. Sandy once said he never heard of this medicine I take being given for Essential Tremors.
I have a friend who tried beta blockers , propranolol specifically for essential tremor, no luck. He then tried parkinson's medication levodopa/carbidopa, same result no good. Then his neurosurgeon implanted an electronic device with electrodes in his brain and a control box under his skin, a little like a pacemaker and the results have been amazing. From not being able to hold a drink or eat by himself, he is back working behind the bar and pouring drinks for others. Don't give up hope as there are many different solutions to these symptoms. Good luck at the doctor Monday.
04-12-2019, 05:20 AM   #141
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have a friend who tried beta blockers , propranolol specifically for essential tremor, no luck. He then tried parkinson's medication levodopa/carbidopa, same result no good. Then his neurosurgeon implanted an electronic device with electrodes in his brain and a control box under his skin, a little like a pacemaker and the results have been amazing. From not being able to hold a drink or eat by himself, he is back working behind the bar and pouring drinks for others. Don't give up hope as there are many different solutions to these symptoms. Good luck at the doctor Monday.
That last one sounds expensive but if my insurance would pay for it, I'm all for that one. I'd love to be able to hold my camera still long enough to do macro photography again, my way. I'm seeing a neurologist in May. perhaps they can help me. Thanks Gary, you've give me hope this can be fixed.
04-13-2019, 04:06 AM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Hoping for the best!

04-13-2019, 04:22 AM   #143
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Hoping for the best!
Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed that US medical has the same procedures, the Ozzies have.
04-13-2019, 06:36 AM - 2 Likes   #144
Veteran Member

I've got my shots, just need to take some time to process and upload them. I think I'm gonna make it this month! :-)

Although as I'm sitting here checking in, I just remembered last night I had a terrible dream that my shutter wasn't "timed" right and the exposures were all weird and I was going to have to send my camera in to get it repaired. I was getting all anxious about the expense and about using the K-S2 again, that I probably needed to charge the batteries... But don't worry, I tested the K-1 just now and it's all good. :-D
04-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I've got my shots, just need to take some time to process and upload them. I think I'm gonna make it this month! :-)

Although as I'm sitting here checking in, I just remembered last night I had a terrible dream that my shutter wasn't "timed" right and the exposures were all weird and I was going to have to send my camera in to get it repaired. I was getting all anxious about the expense and about using the K-S2 again, that I probably needed to charge the batteries... But don't worry, I tested the K-1 just now and it's all good. :-D
OMG what a nightmare.
04-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #146
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In May I will definitely go with something lot longer. Most likely with my beloved M*300. I think I save my new 200 for later.

I believe it's going 2 months with same lens, but it's not even half way and I already feel like I'm done with this lens. I try to lower my expectation to make it easier for me. Allow some repetation, reuse old ideas and maybe make some more reshots for comparison.
04-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I believe it's going 2 months with same lens, but it's not even half way and I already feel like I'm done with this lens. I try to lower my expectation to make it easier for me. Allow some repetation, reuse old ideas and maybe make some more reshots for comparison.
2 months with the same lens would be way too much for me, even with a lens I loved a lot. I think you are entitled to do whatever you need to do to get through. Comparisons would be interesting to see to get an idea of how the lens performs on a cropped and full frame.
04-13-2019, 12:00 PM - 2 Likes   #148
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Comparisons would be interesting to see to get an idea of how the lens performs on a cropped and full frame.
This one I already know. There's nothing that FF wouldn't do better. Excluding reach above 300mm of course. In theory wide open corner sharpness is weaker, but in real life it doesn't bother. End files are more gracefull with K1ii. The IQ has upgraded in a way I didn't even knew I missed it. I could produce sharp images with K5, but K1ii adds finesse and elegance to the shots. There's no turning back

For example, if I look these two shots. The difference isn't something you can easily point, but K1ii shot is much more alive to me:

04-13-2019, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #149
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
This one I already know. There's nothing that FF wouldn't do better. Excluding reach above 300mm of course. In theory wide open corner sharpness is weaker, but in real life it doesn't bother. End files are more gracefull with K1ii. The IQ has upgraded in a way I didn't even knew I missed it. I could produce sharp images with K5, but K1ii adds finesse and elegance to the shots. There's no turning back

For example, if I look these two shots. The difference isn't something you can easily point, but K1ii shot is much more alive to me:
Ah but the lens on two different cameras surely feels different with the field of view so much wider Ismo
04-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah but the lens on two different cameras surely feels different with the field of view so much wider Ismo
Very true, as I am learning using the DA 21mm on the K-1