Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2019, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #196
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I have to say I'm finding things much easier being on holiday... Perhaps giving up work is the answer.
I used to do that in my youth to have time for snowboarding. There must have been some drawback as I gave up and started real work at some point

04-20-2019, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not going to weigh in here with some crack about being retired (which I am).
04-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #198
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I used to do that in my youth to have time for snowboarding. There must have been some drawback as I gave up and started real work at some point
I worked in the tourist industry for five years, moving to a place for the season so I could work a lot of hours (80+ hours/week), make some money, and be in a really great place, near the ocean, or in the mountains, to enjoy my limited time off. At the end of the season, I'd move to the next attraction, and do a little travelling and sightseeing during the move and enjoying the slow build up to high season. I really enjoyed that lifestyle for a time. Then I noticed that I wasn't really going forward with my life, so I stopped doing that circuit. During that time, I did have a lot of fun and saw some cool places, I learned that a few long weekends in a quarter could replace a two week vacation once a year. Now, I am ,more willing to take a day off to go and do something fun when I have the chance. Even with my new schedule, if the weather is good, I will stop during my commutes back home to check out some interesting place along the way.
04-22-2019, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #199
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Not going to weigh in here with some crack about being retired (which I am).
Well, I will. I've been retired, or more like disabled and retired for 10 years and it's not easier than having to work and trying to take photos in your spare time, cause after retirement, it seems like I should have more time, but I don't seem to have any. It's run to this doctor, then run to that doctor, or lay in bed because my back hurts so bad I can't move. It doesn't get easier when you retire, it gets harder, especially as you get older.

04-22-2019, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So, I've seen a cheap K1 that I can sort of afford if I sell a few things... It's got a shutter count of 160000. Is this too high or should I go for it? I know that it's rated for 300000. Any opinions gratefully received.

It's £720, $935 or 830 euros.
04-22-2019, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #201
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
So, I've seen a cheap K1 that I can sort of afford if I sell a few things... It's got a shutter count of 160000. Is this too high or should I go for it? I know that it's rated for 300000. Any opinions gratefully received.

It's £720, $935 or 830 euros.
I paid 1400€ for my K1ii. For K1 that's used that much the price sounds expensive IMHO. I would wait for a better deal and maybe save some money to be able to afford new or lightly used one. I waited a year to get mine after I'd made a decicion to move to FF.
04-22-2019, 11:17 AM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I paid 1400€ for my K1ii. For K1 that's used that much the price sounds expensive IMHO. I would wait for a better deal and maybe save some money to be able to afford new or lightly used one. I waited a year to get mine after I'd made a decicion to move to FF.
Good advice, I think you're right.

04-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I totally missed getting any shots on the 22nd.
I'm also feeling the middle of the month creative blues as well. Will try to make it through the rest of the month though.
04-23-2019, 07:22 AM   #204
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

We're getting close to May guys. Doctor has increased the amount of the Primidone I take in hopes it will help my shakes, I'm now taking 300mg instead of 100mg before. We'll see if it works. I've only started this new regime since last Monday. This morning, left hand isn't dancing across the keyboard quite as bad as last week. Still a bit shaky but at least I can type without having to back up and erase letters and start over again.

He says I can take these pills up to 500mg. And I have the Neurologist's appointment on May 7th and will hopefully, he will have something else to add to this problem.
04-23-2019, 08:02 AM - 2 Likes   #205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
May thread is up:

Single In - May 2019 - PentaxForums.com
04-23-2019, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Many thanks for doing this.
04-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #207
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
We're getting close to May guys. Doctor has increased the amount of the Primidone I take in hopes it will help my shakes, I'm now taking 300mg instead of 100mg before. We'll see if it works. I've only started this new regime since last Monday. This morning, left hand isn't dancing across the keyboard quite as bad as last week. Still a bit shaky but at least I can type without having to back up and erase letters and start over again.

He says I can take these pills up to 500mg. And I have the Neurologist's appointment on May 7th and will hopefully, he will have something else to add to this problem.
That is some positive news, let's hope that it settles for you now
04-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #208
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote

Thanks 8)
04-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #209
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Holidays are too busy for commenting. No time and energy for it. I should be sleeping already. I'll get back to it once I'm in May.
04-24-2019, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #210
Veteran Member

I'm gonna catch up, I swear! I have the shots, just need to post. Can't wait to go check out the selfies. ;-)