Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2019, 06:58 AM - 2 Likes   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got my shots, just need to post 'em. It'll have to wait until after the gym. I think it's gonna be a good month! ^_^

05-05-2019, 05:52 AM - 3 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I take one day off from checking pictures, and I return to find my 3 May shot of pink azaleas hit Explore, got many views, and earned me a few followers. I like to look at the portfolios of those who've given me a Fave, or commented, I have found a lot of talented and creative photographers this way.
05-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #33
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I take one day off from checking pictures, and I return to find my 3 May shot of pink azaleas hit Explore, got many views, and earned me a few followers. I like to look at the portfolios of those who've given me a Fave, or commented, I have found a lot of talented and creative photographers this way.
always when you're least expecting it, expect it....

I discovered this week that the new (to me) battery grip for the K-5 IIs has the green button and AF button in the exact opposite positions as the grip for the K-3...

WTH Pentax?
05-05-2019, 06:35 AM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

My brat brother had a full blown temper tamtrum when he found out I put his photo on Flickr and on here so I might have to remove it. Not really, he doesn't come in here nor does he go to my Flickr. And I didn't explain why I was in the right to put his photo up to start with. But I'll tell you. He told one of my sister's something that was not his to tell. It was my business to tell her if I wanted her to know. This was revenge for what he did. Never mess with little sister. LOL

05-05-2019, 08:58 AM - 2 Likes   #35
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have to say it again; Thanks K1ii. What a great shots you delivered today
05-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I haven't anything yet for today, and it's thunder storming this evening. I'm going to try to get a flower with rain drops in a bit.
05-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I have to say it again; Thanks K1ii. What a great shots you delivered today
Hey don't forget the 300m helped too

05-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
My brat brother had a full blown temper tamtrum when he found out I put his photo on Flickr and on here so I might have to remove it. Not really, he doesn't come in here nor does he go to my Flickr. And I didn't explain why I was in the right to put his photo up to start with. But I'll tell you. He told one of my sister's something that was not his to tell. It was my business to tell her if I wanted her to know. This was revenge for what he did. Never mess with little sister. LOL
Hopefully the tantrum came after they finished installing the vent.
05-05-2019, 10:36 PM   #39
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Hey don't forget the 300m helped too
With K1ii the wide open performance is way better than with K30. Same density, but more than double pixels, really does the trick here. I remember avoiding wide open before with this lens. In FF there's no need for that. Quite the opposite to get the best out of the bokeh, as sharpness apparently isn't issue anymore. There will be more wide open shots this month

K30 was my favorite APSC body for this lens, as K5 AF couldn't handle the CIF with 300 fast enough for sport. K1ii AF was almost too good, as it really easily regognized also the waves behind the rider, if you focused too far. Wurther you try to catch the rider the easier is to make mistake here. But I got more excellent hits than I expected.

I recently bought 72mm CPL to go with my long lenses. Yesterday was a first real test for it and it gave really nice contrast to some of the shots.
05-06-2019, 01:30 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Just received the pentax sensor cleaning kit, hopefully it will help clean up some sky shots with the K3, anyone had any experience with cleaning sensors? Tips, tricks and warnings welcome.
05-06-2019, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #41
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Just received the pentax sensor cleaning kit, hopefully it will help clean up some sky shots with the K3, anyone had any experience with cleaning sensors? Tips, tricks and warnings welcome.
I have cleaned both my APSC bodys once. I didn't use enough pressure on the first try. In the end I was satisfied with clean enough. Especially on K5 there was 1 spot that didn't agree to disappear and I've been cleaning it out in PP ever since.
05-06-2019, 05:10 AM   #42
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim P Quote
Hopefully the tantrum came after they finished installing the vent.
Actually it came the next morning and that night we had a long discussion where he said that's what he called a discussion though I called it an argument.

But he made up said he wasn't made and me, didn't hold grudge, and I thought sure, I didn't do anything wrong, you did, but I didn't say it, otherwise it would have caused more grief on me.
05-06-2019, 06:55 PM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I got nothing for today because Jeep is done. Big bother found a small leak in radiator that was the reason it was running hot two days ago he fixed that, so far but i need a new backup light and they're not fixed yet, so Jeep is still sitting in yard not moving until I get backup lights fixed.

And I stayed up late last night that I was too tired with brat brother although all I drank was coffee, I felt out of sorts today.
05-08-2019, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

Apologies for falling behind already on others’ photos. Sleeping badly, tired, and tonight on-call. Managed to get mine posted, but will save viewing and commenting on others’ work until I can give it proper mental attention.
05-08-2019, 11:04 PM   #45
Pentaxian

ugh, stressful travel and then slammed with the flu. not the best start to the month.