Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 97 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2019, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #61
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
July SIC stuff

I've been wondering what to do with July challenge. I've had flight tickets to France for some time, but just booked rental car for the trip. I'll be away the first half of the month. I will be shooting a lot, so getting the daily shots is no problem. I could probably also easily send them daily, if I wanted to, but I think I rather not carry my laptop with me on holiday as I want to get away from my work, which also lives in that machine Also I think I rather concentrate on family and not on editing shots while we are there.

I once posted shots after a week long trip in one group, but they got lost in history as people had already moved on. All in all I found it unsatisfactory method and since have tried to provide in time or the next day at latest.

So I've been wondering if it would be ok to join in on 16th and post 2 shots each day? The shot from that day plus a shot from the first half in order starting from 1st on 16th.

05-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote

So I've been wondering if it would be ok to join in on 16th and post 2 shots each day? The shot from that day plus a shot from the first half in order starting from 1st on 16th.
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Or you could try mobile editing using WiFi from the K1 to your phone, one of the many apps available like Photoshop Express or Snapseed and then posting...
05-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ok to join in on 16th and post 2 shots each day
Sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing your pictures.
05-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been wondering what to do with July challenge. I've had flight tickets to France for some time, but just booked rental car for the trip. I'll be away the first half of the month. I will be shooting a lot, so getting the daily shots is no problem. I could probably also easily send them daily, if I wanted to, but I think I rather not carry my laptop with me on holiday as I want to get away from my work, which also lives in that machine Also I think I rather concentrate on family and not on editing shots while we are there.

I once posted shots after a week long trip in one group, but they got lost in history as people had already moved on. All in all I found it unsatisfactory method and since have tried to provide in time or the next day at latest.

Sounds like an acceptable solution to me, enjoy the break

05-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Any one having problems with Flickr this morning. It tells me I am signed out but the page is empty, and won't let me sign in. I get the photos in, then it says I have to sign in before I can upload them, then I try to sign in, the page goes blank and there is no way to sign in. It's frustrating to say the least. Maybe it will straighten out tomorrow and I can upload photos for the last two days then. I don't even get the Panda page this time.
05-16-2019, 10:16 PM - 2 Likes   #66
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Or you could try mobile editing using WiFi from the K1 to your phone, one of the many apps available like Photoshop Express or Snapseed and then posting...
No, I'll do the best I can or nothing at all. That means I want to edit with C1 on my computer.

But my plan seems acceptable, so I'll go with it. Now I just need to figure out what to shoot in June as I really want to go July with M50/1.7 as I think it's most flexible for general shooting on travel with K1ii.
05-17-2019, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #67
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Flickr finally let me resign in, I had to create a new password cause it said the one I had was wrong; it wasn't but that's the net for you. Anyway photos from the 15th and 16th loaded up and I'm ready for today.

05-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Must be spring because i got a deluge of projects this week. Seriously dont know how it got to be friday already.
05-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChatMechant Quote
Seriously dont know how it got to be friday already.
Me either and I'm retired except for the work I do here and on another forum for free.
05-18-2019, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry everyone ... work is quite stressful now and also dealing with some personal turbulence. I'll try to get back into the swing of things next week.
05-19-2019, 04:26 AM   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I didn't get anything yesterday either. Squirrels were out but they stayed in the shade up until too late to take a photo, I guess it was just too hot for them in the sun. And the other birds would come to the feeders, but only long enough to grab a few seeds and off they'd go to eat them. We used to have small tree close to the bird feeders where birds would perch to crack and the nuts inside, but those trees were pulled up and discarded when I went on vacation to Jacksonville. Of course, no one claims they did it either, so I guess those trees grew legs and walked away.
05-19-2019, 12:48 PM - 3 Likes   #72
Veteran Member

I'm a stickler for the rules, but it sounds like you're going to be truly posting one photo from each day, except instead of reviving the month's "old" daily threads, you'll just post a two-week old photo in the "current" daily thread. As in, you'll post the 17th/1st, then the 18th/2nd, and the 19th/3rd? If you're just posting 2 photos both taken on the 17th, I think that's not in the spirit of Singling. :-)

As you've all seen, I don't mind reviving old threads - for me it's the most efficient way to catch up on commenting. I kind of like coming in last, that way I'm sure to see what everyone else has shared!

I'm caught up now, speaking of!
05-19-2019, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #73
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I'm a stickler for the rules, but it sounds like you're going to be truly posting one photo from each day, except instead of reviving the month's "old" daily threads, you'll just post a two-week old photo in the "current" daily thread. As in, you'll post the 17th/1st, then the 18th/2nd, and the 19th/3rd? If you're just posting 2 photos both taken on the 17th, I think that's not in the spirit of Singling. :-)
16th & 1st, 17th & 2nd... to the current daily thread was my plan. If it looks bad, I can switch to post to the old threads after couple of days.
05-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #74
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've got today's but won't post time tomorrow. Had company today though I got the shot early but then company came, tired me out and I fell asleep after cleaning up my room in anticipation of a new recliner coming tomorrow and old bed getting taken out that makes me back hurt..
05-21-2019, 04:54 AM - 2 Likes   #75
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Flickr has been acting up for last couple of days. I can do my shots, but can't get even near anybody else's. All I get is general error message. Not even bad banda available

So in general; Good shots everybody.