Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2019, 11:34 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am back in for May and hopefully will not be too flaky. I may actually try to plan for the theme days.

Last edited by Jim P; 04-30-2019 at 11:35 PM. Reason: correction
05-01-2019, 02:20 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

My Takumar lenses have been sadly neglected this year. So, this challenge is a good opportunity to give them all a run out for a month, starting with my 24/3.5 and ending with a 200/4.

I’m going to follow a week-day theme – snapshots from my walk to work, taken sequentially along the route each day. For 25 years, I commuted by London underground into “the City”. Squashed up against other commuters, often in appalling sardine-like conditions down tunnels. So now it’s a joy to walk to work in the open air. I'll try to explain the different "sights" of West London each day.

Last edited by utak; 05-01-2019 at 02:26 AM.
05-01-2019, 03:17 AM - 1 Like   #18
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
I’m going to follow a week-day theme – snapshots from my walk to work, taken sequentially along the route each day.
That could be good exercise for me. I'm notoriously bad at shooting the same subject more than once. Too much "been there, done that" instead of trying to find a different way to present the same.

Of course, this time of year I'm not walking the same route every day - sometimes I walk from home, other days I walk from the pier when traveling by ferry boat from our summer place. It would take quite some planning to rotate through lenses as most of them are stored at home.

QuoteQuote:
For 25 years, I commuted by London underground into “the City”. Squashed up against other commuters, often in appalling sardine-like conditions down tunnels. So now it’s a joy to walk to work in the open air. I'll try to explain the different "sights" of West London each day.
Ain't it the truth. A 45 minute walk is a so much nicer way to start the day than a bumpy ride on an overfull bus.

Unless the weather is too foul

I'm still trying to convince myself to have a go at another month, but inspiration is hard to find. Will enjoy this day off and see where I land

Last edited by savoche; 05-01-2019 at 10:29 AM.
05-01-2019, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
would take quite some planning to rotate through lenses as most of them are stored at home.
Yes, I've spent time preparing a spreadsheet planning routes!! Given that I'm going to work through 21 lenses in focal length order (and speed/age order after that), part of the challenge has been making sure I'm at the right place with the lens of the day, to take best advantage of that lens.

Hope you are inspired enough to join.

05-01-2019, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A 45 minute walk is a so much nicer way to start the day than a bumpy ride on an overfull bus.
I've really enjoyed the few times where I lived close enough to walk or bike to work . Unfortunately, that is not my current situation, but I'm hoping that will change by this time next year.

I do often take a different route home than I did on my way to work, or anywhere else for that matter. This month I hope to explore a few stops along the way now that he weather is nicer and the days are longer.

I purchased an FA 24-90 from a PF member, I am hoping it will arrive this evening.
05-01-2019, 10:28 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Yes, I've spent time preparing a spreadsheet planning routes!! Given that I'm going to work through 21 lenses in focal length order (and speed/age order after that), part of the challenge has been making sure I'm at the right place with the lens of the day, to take best advantage of that lens.

Hope you are inspired enough to join.
Hah, I'm too lazy for that, I'm afraid! I need to think through where I can find (more or less) interesting subjects along my routes.

1st day done, 30 to go...

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I've really enjoyed the few times where I lived close enough to walk or bike to work . Unfortunately, that is not my current situation, but I'm hoping that will change by this time next year.

I do often take a different route home than I did on my way to work, or anywhere else for that matter. This month I hope to explore a few stops along the way now that he weather is nicer and the days are longer.

I purchased an FA 24-90 from a PF member, I am hoping it will arrive this evening.
I changed jobs a couple of years ago, to an office situated in the city centre. It's about 5-6 km to walk depending on the route I choose - mostly downhill, so I often go by bus or metro back home. Just 2-3 km from the pier to work, and fairly flat so I got myself a kick scooter (non-electric!) to cut down the commute time.

Looking forward to seeing what you make of the 24-90.
05-01-2019, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking forward to seeing what you make of the 24-90.
So am I, and it arrived while I was at work, still several hours of daylight left to enjoy!

05-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #23
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll blame it on the temperature dropping 15C/25F over night - it sucked away all remaining inspiration. Maybe I will get back in when spring returns

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
So am I, and it arrived while I was at work, still several hours of daylight left to enjoy!
Looks like the two of you are off to a good start. Lovely vintage colour rendering - as expected, I guess. And as much as I like the DFA28-105 I would have liked it even better had it started at 24.
05-04-2019, 04:01 AM - 2 Likes   #24
Veteran Member

My picture of the railing in Grand Central Terminal from the first got explored! I like the shot but still don't get Explore : I had a shot explore last month and it only got 8 likes, and didn't even edit it or add it to more groups. Go figure.
05-04-2019, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
but still don't get Explore
Strange and wonderful are the algorithms of Explore, what Man can comprehend them?

Congrats!
05-04-2019, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I have something good I plan to let go I always offer to my fellow daily posters first. I bought this camera a few weeks back,

Sony A7II with 24-70 lens, with Sony battery charger (does not come originally with camera) not a mark on it and took maybe 300 shots...so far.
I got this camera for my manual lenses and expanding into Sony lenses a bit. I have changed my mind and realized it was a silly move on my part, I am not going to use it much.
So I will sell it for $900 CDN or trade for lightly used Pentax KP
05-04-2019, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I have to admit to myself that I am just too far behind in the comments to catch up! My apologies to all. I'm going to have to wipe the slate clean for April and start on the May images at this point.
05-06-2019, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

having a troublewith my laptop. will be back hopefully by tomorrow
05-07-2019, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

I am also still participating, but things are slow. I've decided to try a transition to a new software workflow and am having some false starts and stutter steps, but pretty soon I'll get things worked out and catch up.

So far, I'm very impressed by everything I'm seeing! Congrats to everyone!
05-07-2019, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have shots for yesterday and today will post later. I'll do my best to not fall far behind...