Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asgardian Quote
Hmmm - Is it just me, or is Flickr laggy and a bit buggy right now? Trying to catch up on comments and several pages are not loading well. Could be tied to their upcoming migration I guess.
This has been my recent experience as well.

EDIT: not long after, more than 20 notifications from Flickr pop up.

Last edited by robgski; 05-18-2019 at 10:37 AM.
05-19-2019, 07:02 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad it was not just me. Seems to be running a bit smoother this morning.
05-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Somewhat, but my experience has it as hit-and-miss.

Until today, I had no idea there was a "Things Left on Posts (TLOP)" group. My shoe and butterfly was invited in. A little something for everyone, I guess.
05-21-2019, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

do any of you host images anywhere other than Flickr? >> i settled in years ago with LR and Flickr as my main processing/sharing platforms and despite attempts to move away from LR for unspecified reasons over the past month or so, i've settled back in. i had high hopes for On1, but it is unstable on my machine, and upon restoring my library in LR i discovered a new slider ("Texture") which tells me that the $10/mo was worth spending. now my attention turns to Smugmug, a platform i thought i'd try for a while, which i'm convinced nobody visits (speaking primarily of friends/family). everybody seems to have swallowed the fb platform hook/line/sinker and wont venture off come hell or high water, it appears. since i don't have anything worth selling, keeping it probably a dumb idea would you agree?

and about dic/may: i failed to record an image yesterday, but at least i made it 19 days in before energy ran out. longest streak so far in 2019.

05-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #50
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

only Flickr for me, and no Adobe...
05-22-2019, 10:02 PM - 2 Likes   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
anywhere other than Flickr
I do. I pay about $60 per year for domain hosting on a shared server. I also host a few friends sites on it and used to run my wife's biz on it.

i'm convinced nobody visits
This is actually the main reason I use my own domain for photo sharing. At some point I discovered myself preferring a small number of visitors to my photos, just you DICr's... I don't even show my stuff to my family unless I'm asking them to decide my daily photo for me. It's just my personality I guess that I like to keep a low profile. There are the very rare occasions when I have photos I feel are good enough that I'd like more people to see them, but the feeling passes quickly haha... Maybe someday the mood will change again I don't know.
05-23-2019, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
This is actually the main reason I use my own domain for photo sharing. At some point I discovered myself preferring a small number of visitors to my photos, just you DICr's... I don't even show my stuff to my family unless I'm asking them to decide my daily photo for me. It's just my personality I guess that I like to keep a low profile. There are the very rare occasions when I have photos I feel are good enough that I'd like more people to see them, but the feeling passes quickly haha... Maybe someday the mood will change again I don't know.
Thanks for your comment... I guess I'm having another one of my "what the hell am I doing this for" phases.

05-23-2019, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

Yea, about Flickr, they are doing some serious work there now so posting perhaps today, perhaps later... One thing for Flickr. If you dont post it also in several groups and all that, it will be 'under the radar', and won't be bothered onter than some fellas following you or this Daily thread. Thow in couple weird shots and views will be low(I know) so don't have to worry about it..
05-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #54
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

since Flickr is still down, I uploaded yesterday's shots to my album here on PF and pushed them into the photo threads... mainly so I would not forget to post them...
05-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Flickr seems to have gone down again as I tried to post for today. Doesn't seem to have been a smooth transition....
05-25-2019, 04:53 AM - 2 Likes   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Smug Mug is not built around social. I have left a few comments for you over there but the mechanic of the site is really for photographic e-commerce. I don’t transact sales with them but I do like how galleries work there.

FH Pirates 12U Gold - Super Regional Ann Arbor - Matt Taggart

I have google, apple, 500px, OneDrive, Behance, Ipernity, Youpic, and a half dozen other spaces for photos.

Flickr is just plain cheap and easy.
05-25-2019, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For my first year and a half on PF, I used the gallery and albums, I moved to Flickr in 2015. I've enjoyed it, my photos get seen far beyond PF, primarily due to Explore, and I gained some people who follow my photostream, and I've discovered a lot great photographers due to Flickr.

I agree with Matt that joining and posting to groups helps expose your photos to a wider audience, and depending on the group, one that shares your interest in the subject, technique, lens, etc.

The few PF members who host their onw sites do great work, but it is often hard to comment on their sites without being a member of that platform.
05-25-2019, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Smug Mug is not built around social. I have left a few comments for you over there but the mechanic of the site is really for photographic e-commerce. I don’t transact sales with them but I do like how galleries work there.

FH Pirates 12U Gold - Super Regional Ann Arbor - Matt Taggart

I have google, apple, 500px, OneDrive, Behance, Ipernity, Youpic, and a half dozen other spaces for photos.

Flickr is just plain cheap and easy.
wow! that is a lot. I just did coose flickr because of these single/daily in challenges. so convinient(when it works).
05-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #59
Pentaxian

One date format to rule them all, please.
Attached Images

05-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One date format to rule them all, please.
Agreed. The traditional format has been as demonstrated by Simon's utak vis. Daily in May 2019 - 24th