Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 105 Likes Search this Thread
06-04-2019, 07:38 PM   #46

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Sick dog. No sleep. Long day at work = no photo for the 4th.

The good news is that Sammy is much improved: out of hospital and getting his mojo back after a sound night's sleep at home

And we fly to London tomorrow, followed by Le Mans and Paris
Wishing Sammy a speedy recovery and you safe travels.

06-05-2019, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
going to get my computer back at friday! It would have been expensive, but luckily my travelinsurance coveredit, because it happened on my trip, when keyboard and touch pad stopped working! tech guy said, it could be weakness of this computer(and it is), which had final blow in pressurised airplain.
06-05-2019, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The good news is that Sammy is much improved: out of hospital and getting his mojo back after a sound night's sleep at home

Good news on Sammy. Glad he's much improved and home and getting his mojo back. And you're probably gone now but when you get back, give him a pet and hug from his Aunt Mar, please.
06-05-2019, 02:00 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This would have been my stripe shot if I'd used the right lens... Unfortunately, I didn't take it out with me.

06-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

Good news all around , have a great trip.

---------- Post added 06-06-19 at 12:53 PM ----------

So far this month I have been avoiding using the 85mm for portraits, tomorrow I hope to start going along with the expected portraits normally associated with this lens. I have enjoyed the lens on other subjects so far, hopefully I can do some decent portraits to do justice to its reputation.
06-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I had nothing for yesterday, couldn't get back to stop hurting long enough to get out of bed. Hopefully, today won't be that bad.
06-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Safe travels!

06-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

Glad to hear about Sammy. Safe travels!
06-07-2019, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

yes, our national mail office did it again. So no computer today. Monday, maybe. Best part of this is that it wason my doorstep today, because it was express to be delivered. I was at work and could not receive it. IThought that I could just pick it up later today from office.

no, at the office they had no clue. said that there is coming one more delivery today. came back later. no show. I know that it did not help, when I little changed mycolour to more red and little cursed. How it is possible that my delivery is nowhere. My quess/fear is that this delivery guy dropped it, did not want to end his friday with paperwork and dumped it in monday delivery. Please let me be wrong. please.

/end of rant/

I have been shooting with FA 31 has been fun. Would like to ahare some shots, but no luck.
06-07-2019, 09:32 AM - 2 Likes   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm going to pull the Raynox off the lens today. Our Frangipani's are blooming and I want a straight shot of them without macro.
06-08-2019, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Back at home after 5 days away, not much shooting went on this week, and the weather doesn't look to good today. Still, some lilies are blooming in the back yard, I am sure I can find a few other subjects.
06-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #57

Photos: Albums
Lots of travel and no pictures. Not looking too good this month.
06-09-2019, 12:31 PM - 5 Likes   #58
Veteran Member

I'm super late to the posting party, but I have pictures. (I settled on the Rokinon 14/2.8.)

Here I come!
06-09-2019, 01:28 PM - 2 Likes   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Booked my travel plans for two weeks at the end of June and beginning of July; Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, National Parks in Utah and Colorado, 2 days in Denver before we fly home. The FA 24-90 will be the likely "go-to" lens , but I'm bringing the Takumar 17mm and Takumar Bayonet 135mm. Depending on the final luggage situation I will either have my tripod, bean bag, or monopod for long exposure night shots and such. I need to get an ND filter for the FA 24-90, otherwise I have about everything else I need.

The DA 40 XS is of course always in the holster with the K-1. I also have the Ricoh WG-3 in case I fall into the Colorado river, it's waterproof, and takes a good shot in most situations.

I really hope I can get my mobile uploading workflow down before then, this trip will yield a lot of great pictures.
06-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I'm super late to the posting party, but I have pictures. (I settled on the Rokinon 14/2.8.)

Here I come!