Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 105 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I fly out this afternoon to start my vacation, so no posting until July, but I will be looking in on Flickr from time to time

06-21-2019, 03:27 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I don't know when I'll be back in. Got a kidney problem along with the bleeding ulcer. Kidney hurts, ulcer doesn't. But don't feel like taking photos with the pain I'm having.
Ouch! Hope you feel better soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I fly out this afternoon to start my vacation, so no posting until July, but I will be looking in on Flickr from time to time
Bon Voyage!
06-22-2019, 05:43 AM   #93

I don't know when I'll be back in. Got a kidney problem along with the bleeding ulcer. Kidney hurts, ulcer doesn't. But don't feel like taking photos with the pain I'm having.
I hope you get better soon!

I had no time to post in the last few days but I'm still shooting, I just have to find some time to process my photos. Completely forgot about the theme yesterday, though.
06-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Get well soon!

06-23-2019, 04:30 AM   #95
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm trying but doctor gave me pain pills I can't and don't need to take. My stomach doesn't hurt and the pill screwed up my system worse than it was before. And I'm not even sure i have a bleeding ulcer until I see the Gastroenterologist. I thought with that, I should have some pain but I haven't had any pain at all.

And I can't take high powered pain pills, because of what happened the last time I took some, I ended up in the hospital with an e-coli infection.
06-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #96
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, I might be back for the last week. System problem gone away, so I feel better tonight. And I'll try to get a macro of a flower tomorrow if they haven't all wilted from the heat we've had the last two days (90, and 91).
06-24-2019, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
July thread is up:

Single In - July 2019 - PentaxForums.com

06-25-2019, 02:35 AM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I might be back for the last week. System problem gone away, so I feel better tonight. And I'll try to get a macro of a flower tomorrow if they haven't all wilted from the heat we've had the last two days (90, and 91).
Glad to hear things are on the improve, welcome back
06-26-2019, 01:17 AM   #99
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Well, if the weather would cooperate, I could go outside but high temps 94 yesterday and high humidity, keeps me inside. It will be 82 by 8am today. So we'll see if I can get out before it gets really hot.
06-27-2019, 03:02 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm away climbing this weekend but hope that the technology might let me post.....
06-28-2019, 03:31 AM   #101
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm done. I couldn't get outside because of the heat and my bleeding ulccer isn't a bleeding ulcer. I don't know yet what is wrong but I've lot another seven pounds in three months. And no, it's no cancer because out of 11 children, none of us have ever had cancer, nor my mother or father or aunts and uncles. There's no pain associated with this problem. I have none of symptoms I could find on the net of what causes a bleeding ulcer. My doctor was just guessing.
06-28-2019, 01:19 PM   #102
Pentaxian

I'm done. I couldn't get outside because of the heat and my bleeding ulccer isn't a bleeding ulcer. I don't know yet what is wrong but I've lot another seven pounds in three months. And no, it's no cancer because out of 11 children, none of us have ever had cancer, nor my mother or father or aunts and uncles. There's no pain associated with this problem. I have none of symptoms I could find on the net of what causes a bleeding ulcer. My doctor was just guessing.
Take care!
06-29-2019, 07:19 PM - 1 Like   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just getting the June 20-23 pictures scanned and processed. Will post them tonight. Shooting a roll of Cinestill 50 (repackaged 35mm cinema film) in the Pentax 645 to end the month. It's been fun!
06-30-2019, 01:28 AM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Just getting the June 20-23 pictures scanned and processed. Will post them tonight. Shooting a roll of Cinestill 50 (repackaged 35mm cinema film) in the Pentax 645 to end the month. It's been fun!
It has been interesting seeing the 645 shots, well done on thinking outside the norm.
06-30-2019, 01:32 AM - 1 Like   #105
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
June 2019 single in challenge with M50/4 macro

Time to wrap up June. I shot every day and posted in quite steady manner. I was too busy and stressed at work in mid month and therefore lot of shots is just something that can be quickly taken. I didn't feel innovative this month, so a lot of others is something reliably beautiful. Not my best month as a photographer, but lens is good.

M50/4 is relatively slow lens, but performs well wide open. Corners do get bit weak with FF camera, so if you need corner sharpness, you need to stop down, but otherwise wide open us usable option. Lens is very versatile and can go from macro to landscape without any problem. Little fringing, but in most cases it's easy to correct. I didn't get any night shots due to lack of night at this time of the year, but I believe it's not the strong point of this lens like it wasn't with APSC camera. The sunset shot against the sun worket fine. Personally I like the bokeh this lens produce.

Fifties are a tight group in M series with 4 sharp lenses available. Macro is the most expensive of the group, but in this case it means still cheap Money is really no issue among these lenses. For me this lens is a keeper due to macro feature. It's more usable than playing with extension tubes on others.

In July I go with M50/1.7 to finish the battle between my favorite M fifties. Can it prove that I need a second fifty in my bag to go with macro? I hope I have the answer in the end of the month.

Wide open at MFD:

Wide open focus around 2m:

Wide open focus at infinity:

F5.6 around MFD:

F5.6 focus stack:

F5.6 focus around 1m:

F5.6 focus around 2m:

F8:

F11: