Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 75 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2019, 08:08 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm home. What a lovely trip to France. I got the shots and join the challenge on 16th.

I've loaded shots onto computer. Took a different approach to shooting. I tried to limit the amount of frames I take and cut down shots everyday to get rid of the bad ones right away and to avoid useless repetation. I also mainly shot to capture memories and avoided shots taken just for the sake of photography. Managed to come out with only 500 shots, so I didn't need the extra memorycards I had stacked for the trip. I decided that 200 is max allowable amount of shots in holiday folder, but aim for average of 10 shots per day, if I'm not going to bore people down, so I still have some culling to do. Only one edited at the moment, but it looks like I have more than enough good shots.

07-14-2019, 05:43 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sorry for my absence - actual and relative. I’ve just posted days of photos, but haven’t yet had the wherewithal to get out of my head to check out everyone else’s work. I’ll get there.

Funeral was tough, but about as good as something like that can be, with much family around - some I haven’t seen in donkeys’ years. And I got to look at a whole bunch of old family photos, which was nice.
07-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome back to the two of you, good to see that photography was useful for both of your trips for different reasons.
07-16-2019, 11:54 AM - 3 Likes   #49
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Game on. I made my first entry. It took 3 days to go thru the holiday shots. I try to start looking at others work and commenting tomorrow.

07-19-2019, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, this month has not allowed regular posting or shooting, just processing shots from my vacation takes what little spare time I have. I hope to at least comment on some of the great shots you all have been posting
07-24-2019, 05:45 PM - 2 Likes   #51

Been awhile since I’ve been here. Been in a little photo rut lately. Gone weeks without taking any photos at all. With July ending in a week or so, I’m mentally gearing up to join in August. I need to go through the last few months and look at everyone’s hard work. See you on 8/1
07-24-2019, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Single In August thread is up:

Single In - August 2019 - PentaxForums.com

07-24-2019, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #53
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Single In August thread is up:

Single In - August 2019 - PentaxForums.com

awesome!!!
07-26-2019, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #54
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Two threads for 26th. Tsuken was first if I looked correctly, but Gary's thread has more posts, so I will continue it.
07-27-2019, 12:29 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Two threads for 26th. Tsuken was first if I looked correctly, but Gary's thread has more posts, so I will continue it.

Yeah, I edited mine (can’t delete it, unfortunately)
07-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Yeah, I edited mine (can’t delete it, unfortunately)
Apology for the dual post, I actually started it, fell asleep and then posted it without checking again, mea culpa
07-28-2019, 04:17 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Apology for the dual post, I actually started it, fell asleep and then posted it without checking again, mea culpa

LOL

That’s brilliant. I’ve not quite done that (I’ve just failed to check xP )
07-30-2019, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #58
Pentaxian

Back from my trip away 21st-28th, managing to sneak a few pics with the 50mm yesterday and have some which I'm still yet to process and post from prior to my departure. Hoping to get on with those at some point tonight.

Frustratingly, after discussion with my better half, she advised (which I largely agreed with) that the camera should stay at home so there's a lower likelihood of thieving/damage etc. to it. As soon as we got on the plane, after a relatively simple check-in, she turned to me, looked into my eyes for a brief moment then uttered the following...

"You know you should've brought your camera."
07-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Back from my trip away 21st-28th, managing to sneak a few pics with the 50mm yesterday and have some which I'm still yet to process and post from prior to my departure. Hoping to get on with those at some point tonight.

Frustratingly, after discussion with my better half, she advised (which I largely agreed with) that the camera should stay at home so there's a lower likelihood of thieving/damage etc. to it. As soon as we got on the plane, after a relatively simple check-in, she turned to me, looked into my eyes for a brief moment then uttered the following...

"You know you should've brought your camera."
Oh dear, you largely agreed?????
07-31-2019, 12:12 AM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Oh dear, you largely agreed?????
I admit, this was my downfall... at least she said "Well you'll have to bring it on our next holiday", whenever that might be!