Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
07-05-2019, 01:25 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Rod

During our 4th of July get together I gave my friend Lisa my old K-X and a few lenses that I'm not using much any more. But Sharon saw thoroughly ploy that
I now have room to buy more lenses!.

07-05-2019, 01:45 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I Think I'll join this one too since I am already trying to shoot with a random lens each day and I could post some pics I am taking with a P&S Olympus waterproof camera I take in my cycling trips.
07-06-2019, 04:11 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Alas, poor weather dampened my desire to be close to the fireworks action, so I watched from my hotel room a few miles away. That distance did allow me to see the displays put on by several towns along the front range of the Rockies, but I am not sure if any of my shots do the spectacle justice.
07-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I Think I'll join this one too since I am already trying to shoot with a random lens each day and I could post some pics I am taking with a P&S Olympus waterproof camera I take in my cycling trips.
Welcome and good to have you!

07-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I think I'm officially going to throw in the towel this month.
07-12-2019, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Home after almost a week away on business, let's see what I capture this week.
07-18-2019, 08:55 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Today's frost picture may be my last "on-time" post for a couple of days - in an hour or so I will reach my weekend destination and other activities may distract

07-19-2019, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, this month has not allowed regular posting or shooting, just processing shots from my vacation takes what little spare time I have. I hope to at least comment on some of the great shots you all have been posting
07-24-2019, 08:43 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Based on some of the comments above, should we change this photo game/group starting in August to 'Daily in Forever', or 'Daily for Forever'? In this case, I suppose that thread would just go on indefinitely and people would drop in and out as they please... Or shall we keep it going as we have been in the monthly segments?

I'm fine with it either way, though would vote to keep it monthly if we were/are deciding that way... (Too bad there is no polling option in the middle of a thread, or by editing the OP).
07-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Based on some of the comments above, should we change this photo game/group starting in August to 'Daily in Forever', or 'Daily for Forever'? In this case, I suppose that thread would just go on indefinitely and people would drop in and out as they please... Or shall we keep it going as we have been in the monthly segments?
I would prefer that DIC stays as it is, with its monthly bounds. My tongue was firmly in cheek when I floated the Daily in Forever idea - just reflecting the seemingly never-ending character of the challenge after many consecutive monthly ones . It was fun to see the reactions in discussion .
07-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I'm for leaving it as it is. I think a month is a good challenge to work at, especially when first starting.

Perhaps there should be a different thread for shot of the day.
07-24-2019, 06:30 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok it's settled then. Just wanted to be sure before I start the next round.

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Perhaps there should be a different thread for shot of the day.
An interesting idea, one that might have a secondary benefit of generating some motivation haha!

How would this be conducted with the least possible inconvenience for all? Just thinking out loud but maybe it would warrant the use of a third party polling site*, then the 'winner' of the previous day could assume the honor of posting the next poll and announcing winner here? In this scenario the next question would be 'how many participants/votes would it take to call the winner?' What if it's a tie? Also thinking we'd want to do it a day behind current day, so everyone would have equal chance to post and review all the entries.

*Poll - Should we start doing 'shot of the day'?
07-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #28
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the Daily Challenge - gives me a break sometimes from the SIC's lens...
07-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another idea is to do shot of the day but just for one day of the week. Maybe Saturday for example. Then on Monday we do the vote...And like the themes, it's optional. So if people don't want their shots considered they could opt out with their entries on the Daily page for those days.
07-24-2019, 09:22 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like keeping it monthly as well - I started with the intent of just going it for a month then got hooked in.

If there were to be a 'Photo of the _____' - daily might be a challenge given the time zone differences (there are times I am posting for my day, and those on the other side of the world are posting for the next day!) plus all that work!

I like the picking a day of the week for the 'best of' idea - any day would work really.