Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2019, 05:44 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Maybe a shot of the week instead, a bit more work to go through and pick one but should alleviate the timezone differences.

07-25-2019, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
shot of the week instead
So maybe something like - everyone who wants to participate can go through the previous week, say for example on Monday, and submit the photo they liked best from that previous week? Maybe it's not even a vote, since that would be work that probably not many would bother with, but this would be just a nice way to honor shots that stand out to us. That'd be interesting (to me)... Maybe from there we could vote for the shot of the month? That might make it something that gives that monthly DIC some additional identity.

Here's the shot I would have chosen (no brainer) if we'd started this past Monday.. Rod's Daily from 7/16:

(Is it just me or has flickr made it difficult to share/embed photos? Probably just me but the sharing options don't display as they used to. Had to use my greasemonkey script to get an image link)
07-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #33
Pentaxian

That sounds workable to me, incidentally that would be my vote for the best as well. Love that image!

The Flickr sharing stuff seems to be working as it always has for me, now the phone app on the other hand hasn't given me a notification for months.

07-25-2019, 11:15 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! I feel like my idea has spiralled out of control!

What I meant was there should be a thread where you could post a shot if you felt like it, not a competition with complicated voting. Just keeping up with comments is quite hard some days.

If we are going down that route then get all the participants in Daily in to put forward their own favourite shot for the month on a different thread at the end of the month. This would also make a brilliant showcase for Daily in.

07-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #35
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Wow! I feel like my idea has spiralled out of control!

What I meant was there should be a thread where you could post a shot if you felt like it, not a competition with complicated voting. Just keeping up with comments is quite hard some days.

If we are going down that route then get all the participants in Daily in to put forward their own favourite shot for the month on a different thread at the end of the month. This would also make a brilliant showcase for Daily in.
there's voting?
07-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No voting, just ideas haha.. Sorry didn't make it clear enough that I was brainstorming. I think Minimonster clarified the interest here and I will can the ideas.
07-26-2019, 10:40 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Daily in August 2019 - discussion thread - PentaxForums.com

07-30-2019, 03:44 AM - 2 Likes   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm going to go with this one for shot of the week from last week. I got the idea from a you tube video by Thomas Heaton for long exposure technique. It's one of 5 explores I have this month!

Last edited by wstruth; 07-30-2019 at 03:45 AM. Reason: poor typing