Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 134 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2019, 05:17 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While on the subject of duplicate threads, even when the titles are perfectly consistent, there will always be times when where there is a flood of posts to older threads, so it is always worth scanning down to check a new daily thread has not already been posted and displaced downwards.

Most of us have missed them in the past, myself included. When it happens it's easily fixed, so don't let it spoil your day

08-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #92
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I've done it recently... it happens...
08-03-2019, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I have no knowledge on the Takumars, but technical specs say that 8-element version is 15 g heavier than 7-element one. If that is correct, maybe you could use accurate balance to determine, which version do you have?
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I have two copies of the 7-element version. Copy 1 weighs 239g. Copy 2, which still exhibits a lot of Thorium tinting weighs 241g. I didn't realise Thorium weighed so much.

My 8-element version weighs 244g without any Thorium tinting, somewhat short of the c. 255g that I might have expected. Perhaps it isn't the rarer version after all; that sure is a light 8th element .
Weighed: 232g. That pretty much settles it - it's a 7 element. It's also identical, rear-element wise, to the other Super-Tak 7-element I have (no protrusion of the glass itself). The only oddity, then, is the "A" and "M" designations under the switch. I'm guessing that there was some extra inventory of this particular part left over from the 8-element, and these were incorporated in construction of the new 7-elements until they were used up. Kinda fascinating.
08-03-2019, 10:29 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Hey guys and gals,
Hope y'all are having fun.
I couldn't have joined this month even I wanted to.
I've been having a lot of health problems but hope to return in September because I found out all my problems were due to medication I was taking.
I lost 28lbs in a very short time and this medication wouldn't let me eat but a few things without getting sick. During this time I had no energy and was depressed.
I've since stopped taking that medicine and within the few days of stopping it, I've been able to eat anything I want to and have more energy than I know what to do with., so I'll be back soon.
Scary stuff! Hopefully the doctors will figure out the right medications for all the problems. Glad you are feeling better and hope to see some shots from you in September.

08-03-2019, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #95
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Despite the Australian friends, from time to time, I end up in position to open the thread. I've noticed it to be a good habit to hit preview before posting and check notifications. Several times someone has started the thread while I've been composing mine. Quick copy paste and dublicate threads avoided
08-04-2019, 12:47 AM   #96
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Like Ismo, I have a strategy to avoid duplicate threads.

I check first, then open a new thread and slam a BB code straight from Flickr and post. Then I check the thread list again, and if there's still no other thread for that day I edit the post with the back story, technical details and maybe a bonus image.

If I discover an earlier thread for that day, I delete the post in my thread and post it in the older thread. In the old days I left a message in my thread to ignore it, then asked Mar to delete my thread. Now I and Pepperberry Farm have moderator privileges, it's even easier

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 08-04-2019 at 12:54 AM.
08-04-2019, 12:53 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Yeah, the duplicate thread thing... my bad! I wanged up the order by catching up with the July Single In! Apologies, all!

08-04-2019, 01:07 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Yeah, the duplicate thread thing... my bad! I wanged up the order by catching up with the July Single In! Apologies, all!
No problem. It happens often enough. The trick is for the rest of us to recognise it!
08-04-2019, 01:18 AM - 1 Like   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Weighed: 232g. That pretty much settles it - it's a 7 element. It's also identical, rear-element wise, to the other Super-Tak 7-element I have (no protrusion of the glass itself). The only oddity, then, is the "A" and "M" designations under the switch. I'm guessing that there was some extra inventory of this particular part left over from the 8-element, and these were incorporated in construction of the new 7-elements until they were used up. Kinda fascinating.
Ok, with such inconsistency, it makes little sens BTW: speaking of thorium - 232 g is atomic mass of the most stable and most abundant (nearly 100%) isotope of thorium
08-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Darn those time zones and international date lines anyway.

Yesterday while taking a picture from a bridge, I dropped the metal cap for my 77mm, and as you'd expect, it landed right on its edge with enough for to deform it slightly and chip the paint. Good thin I do not plan on selling it, ever. I was able to reshape the cap but this gives me impetus to try the new neoprene lens covers I bought to use when I am actually out and about.
08-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Darn those time zones and international date lines anyway.
That's good point
Usually I have lots of new threads and answers to read in the morning (when I have to go to work) and barely some new stuff in the evening, when vast majority of the forum is at work
08-04-2019, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #102
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
This gives me impetus to try the new neoprene lens covers I bought to use when I am actually out and about.
I have bought some of those too. The first lenses they went over were the FA limiteds
08-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Thanks Sandy. It was a relief to me too to know I didn't have a bleeding ulcer as the doctor proclaimed. This is easier to fix. I just need to eat.

What got me most was I had to tell the doctor what was causing all the problems.
Glad to hear you are back on track
08-07-2019, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #104

Photos: Albums
I've been in Ireland for the last few days with no internet, so have posted a few days of images. to catch up.
08-08-2019, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Going on a 4 day road trip today. I should be able to post but I'm not really sure. So, I'll be shooting but likely spotty on posting.